yanathin

How do you display your modular building collection?

Great idea! I just rearranged my street to do this though I'll have to come up with a better solution when the next modular is released.

Looks great!Let us know what you come up with for next one - still trying to figure it out myself...

Hi

I had my modulars in a Billy shelf. After a move they are now stored in a cupboard because of too little space in my new flat. Therefore the picture is from 2012. Sorry for the bad picture quality.

22008720586_c38d00b9d0_c.jpg

Hi

I had my modulars in a Billy shelf. After a move they are now stored in a cupboard because of too little space in my new flat. Therefore the picture is from 2012. Sorry for the bad picture quality.

The internal width of 80cm-wide Billy is ca. 0.5 cm too narrow for 3 modulars. How did you manage to put GG, CC and GE on one shelf? Do the baseplates of CC and GE overlap?

Hi

22008720586_c38d00b9d0_c.jpg

Adding lights in this way makes the modulars even more attractive!!

The internal width of 80cm-wide Billy is ca. 0.5 cm too narrow for 3 modulars. How did you manage to put GG, CC and GE on one shelf? Do the baseplates of CC and GE overlap?

That's right. I had to substitute the GE-baseplate. That's why I rebuilt the pedestrian area between GE and CC. They also stick out of the shelf a little bit, because a Billy is not deep enough for a baseplate as well. I used this small overlap to connect the hole street, so that the minifigs could walk along the hole pavement. For this purpose however I had to cut small pieces of a baseplate and stuck them together with tiles. I used a old broken baseplate, so that was not too bad.

Adding lights in this way makes the modulars even more attractive!!

Yes, with the LED-lamps the modulars come into it's own. :sweet:

One day I’d like to have one huge shelf unit that can accommodate all my modulars and MOCs. It should have at least three case boards on top of each other to display the models. One case board should also be able to carry (min) six modulars (32 studs) next to each other – so they preserve their street character. To prevent the models from dust it should also have glass doors. And it should also be able to carry MOCs on 48x48 base plates … If I find the time I make a draft and post it …

Has anybody something similar?

One day I’d like to have one huge shelf unit that can accommodate all my modulars and MOCs. It should have at least three case boards on top of each other to display the models. One case board should also be able to carry (min) six modulars (32 studs) next to each other – so they preserve their street character. To prevent the models from dust it should also have glass doors. And it should also be able to carry MOCs on 48x48 base plates … If I find the time I make a draft and post it …

I wish such a unit existed. Ikea has the Galant Wall Cabinet that can fit 6 across (but has a divider making it 3+3), has glass doors (though there are handle cutouts that will let dust in), BUT it's not tall enough to fit the taller modulars.

See my eariler post: http://www.eurobrick...00#entry2194294

Edited by badbob001

I'd like to see some folks display of their Modulars that incorporate Brick Bank.

With four corner buildings we technically have a complete block!

My collection

Have place for 4 more, but actually, two, as I have to buy Detective`s Offcie and Brick bank :laugh:

ds5Tg16faK4.jpg

I managed to squeeze in 2 more (Fire Brigade and Detective's Office) onto my already cramped shelf space, it's really not worth taking another photo of it.

and you miss the Market Street ofcourse...

And you miss Market Street 10190 ofcourse..

Well, I don`t really miss it...In my opinion, it`s not "true" modular:piece count, huge gap if connecting it to the others, the fact it`s fanat`s, not TLG design...Probably I`ll go for bricklinking it one day. but not sure:)

I use Detolf. A lot of people have a problem with their modulars not touching but each shelf can fit 1.5 modulars with the half being Pet Shop or a MOC 16 wide and still look like they're essentially touching with shelves side by side. You can also take out the side glass panels and have them actually touching as the structure of the detolfs is held up by the metal frame that holds the shelving, not the glass. I suspect you'd have a gap and dust may be a bit more of an issue but thats the trade off. They can also be lit very well with ikea lighting.

LEGO%20SHELVES_zpsvpq3zhen.jpg

This is what used to be in them. Just showing it for how they looked wired with lighting.

IMG_2102_zpsuwnrfk31.jpg

And you miss Market Street 10190 ofcourse..

I have 9 of the modulars built at the moment (if you count MS), and with them all together it sticks out like sore thumb.... and not in a good way.

I have 9 of the modulars built at the moment (if you count MS), and with them all together it sticks out like sore thumb.... and not in a good way.

I might bricklink different colours of CC and GG, but MS has never been a thought. It is wicked ugly and and I'd rather used that money to MOC something useful in my "town".

My way is to put them on the floor so my 6 year old son can play with them. He breaks pieces off and it takes a few seconds to fix. Every so often I dismantle them completely so I can have the fun of building them again

We currently live in a very small house so I usually build a set, display it for a bit and then break it down and bag it before building the next one. The benefit of this is if I don't have any new fresh sets, I can just build an old one again.

Can somebody make a picture of parisian restaurant and market stret together? parisian on the left and market on the right. I just want to see if you can expand the parisian terrace.

My little collection, I was lucky I bought the GG when I was a kid in 2011, just before it was sold out :laugh:

5nj6l2.jpg

Still hunting for the MS and CC though... :wacko:

Edited by Doge