i am a little sceptic about this "car towing".

I don't believe that some toy ,that only weights 3 / 4 kg can pull 900 or so kg. if the car is on a small slope maybe. so i would like the see a video without editing where you pull the car forward an then backwards , without replacing the real car.

for offroading this thing really rocks and has lots of power and it looks great to.

Congrats on this beast.

My ATV has a small winch on it that can tow 1500kg/3000 pounds. My atv only weights around 400kg and it can easily pull 3-4 times its own weight.

RC monstertrucks at around 4-5 kg (9-11 lbs) has been known to pull cars, im sure my 5 kg tamiya txt-1 would done it... but i havent test it yet!

however, this build is absolutely awesome

@ skriblez.

1. You can even mount a winch on your atv that pulls 6000kg ,it doesn't mean your atv can pull that.

2. For comparison.

Lego 4kg times 225 is car 900 kg

Atv 400kg times 225 is 90.000kg .

Do you think your atv can pull 90 ton on tyres, not on railroadtrack cause thats a completely different story.

maybe i should do the test with my 8x8x8. its much slower because it only has 2xl's( belgian truck trial rules) but it also has enough power to spin all 8 wheels when you hold it.just need to find a small car cause my car weights 2400kg.

ps: this not an attack at anyone , its just my mind that tells me to be sceptic about it.

Grtz

Johnny

Hey skriblez if you are willing to come to Belgium with your atv , i will provide you 2 fully loaded trucks. 44ton a piece. :laugh:

And i drive a suv.

This weekend i will try to pull with my 8x8x8. Just for the fun of it .

Hey skriblez if you are willing to come to Belgium with your atv , i will provide you 2 fully loaded trucks. 44ton a piece. :laugh:

And i drive a suv.

This weekend i will try to pull with my 8x8x8. Just for the fun of it .

Will keep that in mind if i ever take a long trip :P

Wow! I also have lime green kitchen:) it looks good with green tires;)

Really monstrous creation that can move mountains!

P.s. Nice Hyundai, I also own it:))

ps: this not an attack at anyone , its just my mind that tells me to be sceptic about it.

Your physics will tell you that the amount of force required to move a rolling vehicle on level ground is zero. A very small force will produce a very small acceleration, but it can still move the object eventually. All you really need to overcome is friction. I have no trouble believing that a Lego could tow a car on level ground at very low acceleration levels.

@Blackbird

The weight of the car is resting on the tyres. So they generate friction.Because it are rubber inflatable tyres.Not cast iron wheels.

So i believe they create enough friction to keep the car from getting pulled by a lego car.

The weight of the car is resting on the tyres. So they generate friction.Because it are rubber inflatable tyres.Not cast iron wheels.

So i believe they create enough friction to keep the car from getting pulled by a lego car.

So are you implying that Zblj's video is fake? Go try it yourself. You are quite correct that the rolling resistance needs to be overcome, but this can be done with minimal pressure of one hand.

i am not saying that his video is fake. but something could be helping the car to rol .like a little slope or so.

and as you can read a couple of posts back . i will be trying this ,this weekend.

and with the same amount of pressure that allows you to move the car, with less pressure you can stop the lego car.

but as this is an endless discussion , lets just leave it at this.

grtz

johnny

@Blakbird:

"the rolling resistance needs to be overcome, but this can be done with minimal pressure of one hand." --> it's only true, when the gorund is 100% flat. If there is even a small slope (up), then it's nearly impossible to pull up the car with a small vehicle. So you have to find a perfectly flat place (or a little slope down). Anyway you are right, a minimal force is enough. It helps a lot, if your tyre pressure is as high, as it should be.

Johnny P also wrote some good thoughts, slope is a keyword here.

I can say to everybody, Zblj's videos about car pulling aren't fake. We had some conversations about in pm. He has no reason to create fake videos. It's hard to believe, I know, because we never seen this before. But as some members said before, it needs "nearly 0" force to pull a car, if you tyres are ok, and if you find a FLAT surface.

Edited by Mbmc

First of all there is no abolutely flat surface anywhere. Second, the truck overcame the friction needed to pull a vehicle no matter if there even would be a slight slope, you have to overcome static friction....

I thought about nearly "perfect" flat place (+/- 1°), of course, there is no really perfect.

"if there even would be a slight slope, you have to overcome static friction...."

Overcoming static friction isn't all, if there is a few degree uphill, you will never pull up the car. There is a force component which points opposite to the Lego vehicle's direction, that comes from the car's own weight. This component can be count with m*g*(sin x), where x is the slope's degree. With 1° of slope and 1000 kg car: 171 N force against your pulling vehicle only from the car weight and slope. You can't even start moving the real car. With counting only with the slope (so zero rolling resistance), the theoretical maximum you can fight against with your 4 kg Lego car: 0,22°. (0,5 % slope)

Edited by Mbmc

Not to hijack this thread, but what's being said is that I could theoretically pull my car, if the motors are geared down enough? I only have two XLmotors, but I will have to try this now!

Not to hijack this thread, but what's being said is that I could theoretically pull my car, if the motors are geared down enough? I only have two XLmotors, but I will have to try this now!

Your construction should be heavy enough too, so tires won't loose grip.

Hey guys just wondering why I cant open the link to the instructions? Please help

Works for me... Do you have LDD?

So guys, what you think about this? Its 90% same as 8x8, but with added pair of non steerable wheels in the center:

fox_12x12x8.png

So guys, what you think about this? Its 90% same as 8x8, but with added pair of non steerable wheels in the center:

YES!!!

Do it.

TLH