gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I've started collecting legos and building a few sets first, and then mocs early this year after a very long break. Since I'm a fan of Star Wars - the original trilogy and the clone wars 3d series - I naturally gravitated towards the Star Wars license of LEGO.

The first MOC I build was a re-build of Mike Psiaki's X-Wing, since I love the X-Wing and his MOC really convinced me, so I brick-linked the bricks I didn't have and built the beauty using his instructions.

I'm generally a fan of the Star Wars spacecraft, especially the starfighters and other small to mediumsized varieties. I find it challenging to build something relatively small in Minifig scale and still get the proportions, angles and shapes as right as possible with lego bricks.

My first MOC project I'd like to share here is nothing special, but something that's fun and challenging to me and has been done by lego and some other MOCers, like KielDaMan here on this forum, before: Ahsoka's Jedi Starfighter.

I set out to do the following: Get the shape and proportions as right as possible while still allowing for important features like a complete removable astromech (not just the head), retractable landing gear, an 'airtight' cockpit roomy enough to comfortably house the Ahsoka Minifig, and a brick-built colour scheme that's not too blocky (so no stickers or spray-painting), and avoid blockyness generally as much as possible.

I've build the model over and over again, until I arrived at something I dare to share here. Also note that the astromech is not the correct one - I've already ordered Ahsoka's from a minifig shop here in Germany, though. This is a WIP (no MOC is ever finished, isn't it?), and I'm a relative newbie, so be kind, please :wink:.

Edit: Updated this OP with an image of the finished build. More images of the updated build a few posts below!

post-116868-0-19077800-1387792184_thumb.jpg

I'm a relative newbie, so be kind, please :wink:.

You may be a newbie, but don't you think I'll be kind to you because of that. I'll just be kind because this is an excellent MOC! :laugh:

Sure, we've seen a lot of JSF's but this one stands out to me. The proportions are exactly right, and decorations are stylish, but not overdone. The cokcpit area is beautiful, especially with that comfy looking chair. The nose may seem a bit messy, but 1) you can't avoid that and 2) actually, that battered look looks awesome.

It's great you managed to include all the necessary features, like the cockpit interior, landing gear and the removable astromech. I would love to see how you did the engines and the back part though.

So you're off to a great start. I think that, after this, you'll never have to ask after kindness again. People'll just give it to you. If that isn't a reason to continue to share you nice builds!

... and your nice picture editing skills too... :classic:

Edited by BEAVeR

I've always been a fan of all kinds of starfighters, and this one is particularly well done. The proportions, colors and detailing are all spot on. Only thing I would do different is replace the tiny republic tile with one that is 2x2 round.

I look forward to more of your MOCs. :sweet::thumbup:

That looks good for a first MOC!

That front is especially good.

A bit less studs can be better in my opinion.

This is a very nicly shaped version of the JSF, especialy the whole area from the astromec backwards.

First of all, thanks for the encouraging comments! I've now finished this MOC and I'm very happy with it. It's quite sturdy and comfortably swooshable.

I've cleaned up the area around the cockpit a bit more and re-built the whole rear, complete with a fin that fits seamlessly and also cuts a bit into the cockpit. I also improved the build of the engines and the landing gear.

But judge for yourselves, here's some images:

Ahsoka1-2.jpg

Ahsoka2-1.jpg

Ahsoka3-1.jpg

Ahsoka4.jpg

Ahsoka5-1.jpg

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

Nice to see some more pictures! I really like what you did with the back fin. Your picture-editing skills are examplary too.

You're MOC inspired me to make a jedi starfighter myself, but only as an alternate build of 75003 (it should be around on this forum somewhere now...). Thanks for the inspiration! :classic: Hope you don't feel stolen :tongue:

You're welcome, BEAVeR. I'm glad to hear my MOC inspired you. And no, I wouldn't consider it stealing. As a matter of fact, I'd be happy to post some images of this thing deconstructed if someone feels like re-building it on their own.

I like how complete it is, from the color coordination to the underside, all the details seem accounted for, about as detailed as a UCS. The profile is also very sleek and the landing gear integrates well when retracted. I'm surprised that there is no way to reverse the direction of the end plate on the fin though.

Good MOC, just wondering, did anyone manage to make a Delta-7 with proper underside so far?

Very nice! I've thought of using a similar technique for the nose but you beat me to it. Would love to buy something like this as a set.