The Architect

Whats the rarest/oldest piece of Lego you have in your collections?

I'm not sure but I guess my dad's 40 year old Lego pieces are quite valuable. The license plate of my limited edition crawler is also quite precious I think. :classic:

Not the oldest one I have, but atleast the rarest one: The Arla promotional milktruck, 1581-2

Sadly I don't have the instructions or the box, but atleast I got 2 of the original stickers unapplied.

2015-04-09%2013.40.32_zpssf2rxxdu.jpg

We have some Homemaker sets I played with in the mid 70s, which are approximately 1/12 doll house scale. Not sure exactly which sets but definitely the kitchen with a very cool sink and stove, and several of the weird jointed people. They must not be popular these days as they're not worth much, but I still like building with them.

[Can't post image]

My aunt used to work at Samsonite in Stratford in the 70's and early 80's so I have lots of stuff from there. Wish I still had some of the stuff I remember having, but some of it got lost along the way.

There are some really interesting items in here! I love those black and transparent ghosts in particular!

My rarest / oldest piece is probably my favorite. It's an x105 visor in black. I got it last year as a gift from my girlfriend, it's so awesome.

x105.gif

My brother had the same piece in light grey ever since he traded a couple of minifigures for it in the mid 80's (along with the red shield with white cross and corresponding armor), and I've wanted one in black ever since. So happy to have one!

Sort of rare. I have 6 trans purple Bohrok eyes. I got them all from bricklink

What is really rare.I own a trans black diamond also got on bricklink

I have a lot of the old blue tracks ... In my collection I also have some other colours

Old tracks in odd colours

Henrik

post-27155-0-26073900-1440922895_thumb.jpg

Edited by Henrik Ludvigsen

My aunt used to work at Samsonite in Stratford in the 70's and early 80's so I have lots of stuff from there. Wish I still had some of the stuff I remember having, but some of it got lost along the way.

Can you post some photos?

I have a lot of the old blue tracks ... In my collection I also have some other colours

https://flic.kr/p/xH2Qu8

Nice collection :)

How come all these colors were made? I thought they tested only in red?

The trans-clear minifig under the ghost shroud isn't real, but everything else is :)

Awesome!

Could you post a pic of the black one but with a lime green head? :laugh:

PD. Look at this news about your post: http://minifigpriceg...-to-eurobricks/

Edited by Robert8

Nice collection :)

How come all these colors were made? I thought they tested only in red?

I do not where They come from - They have all the marks from the original moulding machines in Billund. LEGO have looked at Them and have confirmed they are made at the LEGO factory.....

Henrik

those tracks look cool! are those yours?

Yes, they are all mine and part of my large collection of train and tracks... I Think I am 97 % complete of everything related to trains.....

Henrik

I have (incomplete) sets 8366 and 8475, giving me two working RC Units!

I also have six of the RC motors, which are similarly valuable but significantly more common.

I really should sell them before they break on me...

The trans-clear minifig under the ghost shroud isn't real, but everything else is :)

I was wondering about that!

I've got a single waffle-bottom plate that's pretty old, and some helmet visors in gray and white. That's about it.

I have no rare pieces because i don't like old Lego sets, they are too simply.

I like Legos after 2005.

I don't have really old stuff like PA bricks or the like. There might still be some bricks from the seventies in my parents' house (from our childhood), but I don't have them in my current collection which is more focused around studless Technic.

ds.jpg

Which might not be the most extraordinary or rare of H0 Lego cars, but I stumbled upon it in a Bricklink shop where I bought other stuff, and as a Citroën and Lego aficionado, I just had to have this one.

I inherited from my uncle all his old LEGO from the 60's and I've found some of these 1:87e little cars.

I have the same citoen but in white color and a trans clear Lego garage with a VW van in white and red inside it.

So as it is said before, these cars are pretty rare. I think they are my rarest parts.

I have some old stuff from my parents from the 1960's

1/87 scale VW Beetle

I can't find much info on it (Might be 261)

Also have Bedford A3LC - Breakdown Lorry (256)

Edited by simo123

One of the most valuable LEGO sets of all time was sold in Denmark, Norway and Sweden only.

The 2 LEGO Mosaik sets of 1955-56 are so rare, that only 2 are known in private hands of the smaller set (1300), and none are known of the larger set (1301).

Here is the Billund Archive copy of the 1300 set. They actually had to buy this used set on the secondary market, since TLG never kept one in their collections....

8495742582_9b40a6a338_b_d.jpg

The only other known copy is a MISB example in a Dutch museum.

Here is a 1955 Swedish department store LEGO display in Göteburg Sweden. The 1300 and 1301 Mosaik sets are seen stacked up on the far left side.... $$$$$

5104837415_fa6c730390_b_d.jpg

Why are these sets so very very rare and valuable (worth probably $2000-$5000)???

Well what happened was that TLG wanted to sell their spare parts packs series of sets. So the 1300 and 1301 sets NEVER had enough parts to actually build what was on the box top or in the instructions!! :hmpf_bad: So they thought that customers who bought this set woudl buy the additional spare parts packs to make a larger number of mosaic designs. However, when purchasers of this set got home, and saw that they could NOT build what was promised... they got mad and returned the set to the retailer. And the retailers returned the unpurchased sets back to TLG... :sceptic: (Note: that blank cardboard insert in the 1300 box could be flipped upside down and spare parts pack purchases could be stored in that former dead space!)

This story and more are talke about in Chapter 4 of my Collectors Guide... :wink:

Dang it! Have one of those cylinder pieces in the picture!!! If only I can find!!!!!!!! Please God tell me I didn't throw it away thinking it was some clone brand!!!!!!!!!!!