XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

1 minute ago, ChristopherLee said:

It is part of the Legends tab. In the Legends realm, Green Squadron had green A-Wings, and the LEGO set reflected that.

oh okay. I am not really into any of the legends info.

UCS Star Destroyer/ 10030... Does anyone know the measurements of the magnets and maybe where to find stronger ones.  I've had this set since new and not long after I got it, the lower panels started to droop.  I know this set is 15 yrs old and it's taken me a while to get to the subject.  Any info is greatly appreciated.

If anyone wanted a recap of the whole 'Is it red or is it green / Is it canon or isn't it canon / who said what and does it actually matter?' thread I've created a detailed infographic that covers the whole thing in detail:

:wall:

I'm pretty sure green leader(the guy who flies into the star destroyer bridge) flew a red A-Wing.

On 3/11/2017 at 2:11 PM, Helghan said:

Wrong. The books and comics as well as select games are canon. If they were produced after 2014 they are canon. I don't know if you just pulled that out of your head or what but it's not correct.

Furthermore I genuinely feel pity for people who only adhere to what is canon.

Your opinion to me is as worrisome as a cloudy day.  I pity basement dwellers who argue and defend pitiful attempts at movies, and arguing about what's "real" or not in a made up universe.

On 3/10/2017 at 0:41 PM, jdubbs said:

The original Death Star set got a minor update to modernize the minifig faces. Then it was reissued as a new set with newer molds for the minifigs, some different characters, changes to some of the interior spaces, etc. The Ewok Village only had one release which came after the more modern face designs were introduced. 

Hmm, drat. I was hoping to hear the stormtroopers got the updated helmet print also at some point during its production run. Although I suppose it is good to hear it didn't come with clone trooper faces for them =) Thanks for the reply =)

What sets do you think undersold last year?

Just wandering as both the minifigs that came in the lego star wars magazine were from the same set so I'm presuming that  that's because they had left over stock of it.
So I'm just curious as to your opinions so I can guess who's next ,well following my original logic it would be the next one from Kanan's speeder bike but that was a frowny stormtrooper who is in multiple sets and wouldn't be enough to get me to buy it any way.

13 minutes ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

What sets do you think undersold last year?

Just wandering as both the minifigs that came in the lego star wars magazine were from the same set so I'm presuming that  that's because they had left over stock of it.
So I'm just curious as to your opinions so I can guess who's next ,well following my original logic it would be the next one from Kanan's speeder bike but that was a frowny stormtrooper who is in multiple sets and wouldn't be enough to get me to buy it any way.

Well the most obvious answer is the Rebels TIE Advanced/A-Wing, which was marked down and/or pulled from shelves in most markets roughly six months after its introduction. Sabine is now slated for the Advent Calendar, which I'm guessing is a result of excess inventory of her minifig.

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

Well the most obvious answer is the Rebels TIE Advanced/A-Wing, which was marked down and/or pulled from shelves in most markets roughly six months after its introduction. Sabine is now slated for the Advent Calendar, which I'm guessing is a result of excess inventory of her minifig.

It's really a shame because it's a really great set just that the price was horrible.

5 hours ago, jdubbs said:

I am curious as to how that works. Do the sets get sold back to LEGO by retailers and the figures pulled? Or is it LEGO just gets no orders for that set from retailers and so they just go to their inventory and put the figures in other sets? 

Either way it is a shame. I got that set and above retail (due to regional pricing). While it was a tough pill to swallow the set is fantastic and is proudly adorning my shelf at home. 

My guess is that the Homing Spider Droid didn't sell well, since it went on markdown quickly, and Yoda reappeared in his Jedi Starfighter this winter. It seemed like Battle on Takodana was on discount immediately upon release, so maybe we’ll see Maz Kanata in a future set. Rebel Combat Frigate is retiring just 6 months after it was released, which gives some hope to anyone hoping for a cheaper set with Asoka. 

I think if there are any more Rogue One sets coming this or next year, Krennic would be a likely minifig to be included. While I don't have reason to think his shuttle sold poorly, it was the only set he appeared in, he is a pretty prominent character in the movie, and he wasn’t included in the microfighter version of the shuttle. Most obvious choice for a set would be his confrontation with Vader (ideally including Vader’s Bacta Tank, a Royal Guard or two, etc.). 

Does anyone know why all the archways connecting the rooms in 75159 use dark red headlight bricks for the lights? I think they do like nicer than grey, but is there any reason (like accuracy?) for it?

I've just red on BrickFan that Lego would be cancelling store exclusive sets due to the many complaints ( I guess most of the community here is shopping online, but I think it's the right decision for casual families shopping for sets, especially at a Lego store, and not being able to pick this or that ). Hopefully that means no surprise sets showing up much later after the leaks?

Just to clarify, all it is saying is that physical Lego brand stores (that we don't have here anyway) will carry exclusives too (S@H already does). I couldn't see anywhere that everything would be available to all retailers. TRU exclusives will still not be available at Target etc.

Does anyone happen to have the parts list for just the AT-OT from 10195. I picked up the Dropship in a used lot and I want to bricklink the AT-OT to go with it. I don't want to go through the instructions to mark down each piece. 

10 hours ago, jdm44 said:

Does anyone happen to have the parts list for just the AT-OT from 10195. I picked up the Dropship in a used lot and I want to bricklink the AT-OT to go with it. I don't want to go through the instructions to mark down each piece. 

Going through its constructions shouldn't be that much work, it's very much repetition in the build, many the same and big pieces.

On 3/13/2017 at 7:16 AM, kibosh said:

Your opinion to me is as worrisome as a cloudy day.  I pity basement dwellers who argue and defend pitiful attempts at movies, and arguing about what's "real" or not in a made up universe.

Too bad it's not an opinion but rather fact. Your only comeback to my point is an attempt to insult me? Weak. I also don't think the original trilogy would be considered a pitiful attempt at a movie or otherwise you wouldn't be in this thread. 

On to relevant topics. Anybody think we'll get the Finalizer for TLJ?

Regarding the AT-OT inventory, start with the entire set's inventory, and consider the instructions as being "all" or "nothing".  For "all", go through the instructions for the Dropship and deduct the pieces from the inventory.  For "nothing", mark the pieces needed for the AT-OT.  Probably not a lot of overlap in the colors used in each vehicle.  For example, most of the white will be on the Dropship; and the LBG and DBG will be for AT-OT.  Even in cases where the colors overlap, the parts used for each vehicle are likely one or the other.  Shouldn't take too long, really.

Edited by TitanArch

5 hours ago, TWP said:

Going through its constructions shouldn't be that much work, it's very much repetition in the build, many the same and big pieces.

27 minutes ago, TitanArch said:

Regarding the AT-OT inventory, start with the entire set's inventory, and consider the instructions as being "all" or "nothing".  For "all", go through the instructions for the Dropship and deduct the pieces from the inventory.  For "nothing", mark the pieces needed for the AT-OT.  Probably not a lot of overlap in the colors used in each vehicle.  For example, most of the white will be on the Dropship; and the LBG and DBG will be for AT-OT.  Even in cases where the colors overlap, the parts used for each vehicle are likely one or the other.  Shouldn't take too long, really.

Thanks for the replies. I'll give it a shot. 

9 hours ago, jdm44 said:

Thanks for the replies. I'll give it a shot. 

i say try looking for a .lxf file of the build, remove the dropship, and  import the file to bricklink.

13 hours ago, jhaelego said:

i say try looking for a .lxf file of the build, remove the dropship, and  import the file to bricklink.

That's probably the simplest way.  I couldn't find the link for the LXF in this site's forum thread, but here's one on a LEGO LDD site that looks pretty good:

http://ldd.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/18b50c5b-d796-4838-a1b5-1ce3fccf760c?index=1&searchword=10195

Hi there! I was told I should ask my question here. I'm thinking about ordering a Rogue One set tonight before 2x the points end. Which do you guys think I'd get a better bang for my buck. The Y-wing or the Battle on Scarif one? I already have Jyn and Cassion so minifigs aren't really the priority. 

Probably in the minority, I got the Scarif set but not the Y-Wing. I just don't like the unfinished look of those ships. It's the only set I didn't get. But since you are considering it, that is probably not useful information to you!

15 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Hi there! I was told I should ask my question here. I'm thinking about ordering a Rogue One set tonight before 2x the points end. Which do you guys think I'd get a better bang for my buck. The Y-wing or the Battle on Scarif one? I already have Jyn and Cassion so minifigs aren't really the priority. 

Y-Wing all the way! Great figures and a very cool ship from the OT and RO. What's not to like?