XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

There are two parts with an insanely high price: the printed radar dish and the boat rigging in LBG.

The radar dish is much cheaper unprinted, and there are several work-arounds for the boat rigging. Needing two of the boat rigging makes it even worse.

There is one other part, that due to quantity, quickly joins the list of parts needing a substitute, the LBG levers. You can get one for like $2, IIRC, but 60 are needed! I used the older light gray ones for a lot cheaper.

There are a couple of other parts that, depending on your wallet, may give pause, but I thought those three were the worst when I did mine, and I only finished this past summer.

It is absolutely possible to build in 2015, even if you want 100% accuracy, but you would be paying over $100 each for the two rarest parts.

Edited by rollermonkey

The grey mast riggings, the all-grey antenna's and the printed radar dish are the rarest. The nice thing is the inner structure can be built with alternate colors, so you can use pieces in hand or increase your shopping possibilities. Also, you can use used parts on the inner structure- color and scratches will not be visible once the Falcon is built.

Edited by BimmerBoy

I didn't realize wullffwarro and the TIE pilot had arm printing. That makes 10 if you include jerk-14

Jek* he wasnt that bad of a guy.

I didn't realize wullffwarro and the TIE pilot had arm printing. That makes 10 if you include jerk-14

The regular Wookiees in the Wookiee Gunship set also have arm printing (their left arms, as opposed to Wullffwarro's right arm)

does any one know how long the Coruscantâ„¢ Police Gunship will be around. Im debating about getting it because i missed out on every other TCW set

Hello!

I would like to ask you guys (and girls) a question about the set 75060 - Slave 1 UCS. After a long reflexion, I decided to go with this set instead of the 10240 - X-Wing Red Five for my first (and probably only) Lego UCS but I've read online that there was some problem with the weight on the model, right in the middle where the tail connect to the main body. Here is a picture posted by Anio :

zI7JNjb.jpg

It seem that after a while, the weight create a gap which become larger over time. I am also concerned about the stand and if something will bend because of the weight.

Should I be concerned or those are uncommon?

Thank you!

Hello!

I would like to ask you guys (and girls) a question about the set 75060 - Slave 1 UCS. After a long reflexion, I decided to go with this set instead of the 10240 - X-Wing Red Five for my first (and probably only) Lego UCS but I've read online that there was some problem with the weight on the model, right in the middle where the tail connect to the main body. Here is a picture posted by Anio :

It seem that after a while, the weight create a gap which become larger over time. I am also concerned about the stand and if something will bend because of the weight.

Should I be concerned or those are uncommon?

Thank you!

its uncommon from what i heard. if it is a problem with yours you could display it in landing mode

Hi Rusted, and welcome to Eurobricks!

I built my UCS Slave 1 back in January and I was impressed by how 'solid' the completed model was. I only kept it on display for a week before it was carefully disassembled but I can't imagine that it's going to be a problem. I have both the X-Wing and Slave 1 and personally I much prefer the latter; it's interesting to build, looks great and the box art is stunning! My only slight criticism is that some of the curves on the lower part look a little 'unfinished' and the underside could be improved by some additional greebling, but the quality of the rest of the model more than makes up for it.

PS, I've removed your original thread as requested :classic:

I've had mine on display on it's stand since January. I had to move it yesterday as I'm moving house but I don't recall any kind of gap in it.

I'll take a look tomorrow when I'm over at my in-laws as that's where it is at the minute and let you know if there's any kind of gap as mentioned.

does any one know how long the Coruscantâ„¢ Police Gunship will be around. Im debating about getting it because i missed out on every other TCW set

any one know

Hey guys. I saw that 75055 went out of stock recently. I was wondering if its a good set. I never bought a star destroyer and I thought it looked cool. I won't get it until around christmas. I'm either on the fence about that one or the Gonzanti ship from rebels.

Hey guys. I saw that 75055 went out of stock recently. I was wondering if its a good set. I never bought a star destroyer and I thought it looked cool. I won't get it until around christmas.

I think that 75055 is a good set. The bridge is way more size accurate than the 2006 version and the set also comes with great minifigures. The only thing that I don't like about 75055 is the heavy use of Technic parts causing the interior looks unfinished.

I think that 75055 is a good set. The bridge is way more size accurate than the 2006 version and the set also comes with great minifigures. The only thing that I don't like about 75055 is the heavy use of Technic parts causing the interior looks unfinished.

Would you recommend it over the Gonzanti? I also might be interested in the ghost. what are peoples thoughts?

any one know

Don't know. 2 years after release is normal, not sure about the rare (not exclusive) sets.

Would you recommend it over the Gonzanti? I also might be interested in the ghost. what are peoples thoughts?

I don't know about your experience, but the Ghost hasn't sold very well from what I can see. There are still a lot around, so you should be able to get it cheap in time. It isn't bad, but there's not much interior and you'd probably want the Phantom on the back too.

Lots of people asking about the Gozanti, many positive responses. Quite a few "I didn't think I'd like it at first" or "I was going to skip it" responses including myself. Regarding your situation, it is possible that this ship may not reappear much as a set in future. Star Destroyers, however... we can be sure that there will be another one at some point, if you happen to miss the current one. I would say that it will probably be gone in the new year (depending on stock & popularity), since it came out mid last year, so you'd want to grab it soon. I don't have it but I hear it's a good rendition.

It's almost a heresy, but honestly I make similar decisions according to which minifigs I want the most...

Although 75106 is also a good set, but I still prefer 75055 more than 75106. At the same price tag, 75055 has more parts than 75106 and the use of the large windscreen at 75106 causing 75106 didn't look good like 75055. I don't like the 75053 The Ghost at all. The minifigures are good, but some of the play features didn't work well and the gunner turret thingy on it looks more like a last minute add-on than a proper turret because the turret didn't attached on anything and the turret itself also looks unfinished.

At Walmart.com...

The Ghost: $66

Star Destroyer: $104

The Phantom: $19

The Gozanti: $95

They'll price match the website in stores.

Although 75106 is also a good set, but I still prefer 75055 more than 75106. At the same price tag, 75055 has more parts than 75106 and the use of the large windscreen at 75106 causing 75106 didn't look good like 75055. I don't like the 75053 The Ghost at all. The minifigures are good, but some of the play features didn't work well and the gunner turret thingy on it looks more like a last minute add-on than a proper turret because the turret didn't attached on anything and the turret itself also looks unfinished.

The windscreen on the Gozanti is an easy fix though, a few slopes and bricks in two grey tones, and a few trans-black plates and it looks awesome, there is a post here on the forum with the exact mod, it looks much better, and makes the ship looks big rather then some small odd craft, that guy also spaced the Ties closer together making it more screen accurate (And to paraphrase the thread, make it look less like a space-bus :P)

I might be a tad biased though, i have a gozanti waiting for christmas, and i have the 2006 SD (slightly modded), and while 75055 might look a bit better out of the box, id rather mod my bigger SD to look better then replace it with a smaller one.

If you have neither, id go for the 75055 first, since it will be retired before the Gozanti, and despite me liking the Gozanti a whole lot, the ISD is the more iconic ship

Hey folks,

if I violate the guidelines with this post please delete or remove.

I can´t decide which set I should get. I live in Germany and saved about 90€. The sets that I choose between are the Imperial Shuttle 79054, the AT-AT 75054, First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter 75101, Poe´s X Wing Fighter 75102, First Order Transport 75103 and Kylo Ren´s Command Shuttle 75104. Please help me to decide, which one I should pick up :grin:

Depends on really what you want. But if you want one of the newer movie based sets, I'd recommend the First Order Transport. Solid vehicle and figures (particularly the Phasma and Stormies). Can't go wrong with it.

Kylo's Shuttle is good too, but I've personally been enjoying the transport more. Either way, you get one of the new villains from the movie. And Poe's X Wing is also quite good, but again I felt like I got more value with the First Order Transport.

Edited by TheAmazingDarkKnight

If it were between the AT-AT and the Imprtial Shuttle (both OT sets), I'd recommend the Shuttle, as it's much nicer and prettier to look at, and, in any case, TLG will probably re-release another AT-AT in about a year or two.

I think this question suits better if it asked at here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=87520&hl=

But however, It depends on what you want. If you like star fighters sets, then buy 75101 or 75102. If you a big spacecraft lover, then buy 75094 or 75103. 75104 is also a good set too, but I prefer the others more.

Edited by ArmstrongYong