XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

It's been 4 years since we had an Ep 2 set released, and if Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Ring turns out to be fake, then it'll be 5 years without a set! So does anyone else thinks we might get at least a few 20-30$ Ep 2 set in 2018? I really hope we'll get something since I don't have a lot of Ep 2 sets. Also isn't Ep 2 the most neglected SW movie by Lego? We had a lot of Ep 1 sets( mostly remakes of the same few sets, but still), a decent amount of Ep 3 sets( hope we'll get more of those in a few years), and only a few of Ep2 sets. By the end of this year we'll probably have more TFA sets than Ep 2 and this movie is just 1 year old.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

It's been 4 years since we had an Ep 2 set released, and if Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Ring turns out to be fake, then it'll be 5 years without a set! So does anyone else thinks we might get at least a few 20-30$ Ep 2 set in 2018? I really hope we'll get something since I don't have a lot of Ep 2 sets. Also isn't Ep 2 the most neglected SW movie by Lego? We had a lot of Ep 1 sets( mostly remakes of the same few sets, but still), a decent amount of Ep 3 sets( hope we'll get more of those in a few years), and only a few of Ep2 sets. By the end of this year we'll probably have more TFA sets than Ep 2 and this movie is just 1 year old.

Agreed. There haven't been a lot of Episode II sets. Big "waves" of Episode II sets have only appeared twice: 2002 (oh-so-long ago) and 2013 (but it was shared with TCW and we didn't get enough figures, like Zam Wesell). I really hope we get a new Episode II wave, or, maybe a Bespin/Dagobah wave. Aside from the oh-too-many Hoth sets, there actually aren't too many Episode V sets either.

But what is there to make? Zam Wessell speeder chase, Jango Slave 1, Kamino, Geonosian stuff, Padme's ships, Lars homestead, and more Naboo are the only things that haven't been made into good sets already, and most of them don't have any potential. They've already made several Boba Slave 1 sets, and I bet they'll make several more without consideration for Jango's. Kamino, Geonosis, and Naboo don't provide too much interesting material that would make a feasible set. Padme's ships are boring, but I suppose that's feasible. If they make a Lars homestead, I'm fairly certain it'll be ANH. That leaves only Zam Wessell - and truthfully other than a new minifigure that doesn't interest me.

All the battle vehicles have been made countless times and have clone wars versions too, so I don't know how much of a demand for those there is. I personally still want a gunship, but I doubt that's happening anytime soon. What is it that you want?

It is indeed the most neglected SW movie by LEGO (not counting TFA and R1); according to a quick scan of Brickset it has ~17 sets. Believe it or not, the second least is ESB with ~25.

Truthfully, I think RotS has much more potential for future sets. I'd love to see some more of the Order 66 scenes, or the senate battle, or the Invisible Hand.

Question: for the May the 4th celebration, they usually offer a special mini figure with your purchase right? What is the price limit for getting the special gift? And does it have to be all and only Star wars(up to above the price cap I mean)?

Edited by FishW

3 hours ago, FishW said:

Question: for the May the 4th celebration, they usually offer a special mini figure with your purchase right? What is the price limit for getting the special gift? And does it have to be all and only Star wars(up to above the price cap I mean)?

It's been either $50 or $75. Only Star Wars. I believe it's always a minifigure.

7 hours ago, Hokierespect said:

Is there a good online reference for imperial uniforms and ranks?

Try wookieepedia.

How do you guys spot fake lego figures?  Some guy had a Han Solo with the new hair that he bought for $4 it said lego in the description.  It looked pretty good to me but it had to have been a fake.  How can I tell?

14 minutes ago, Irish437 said:

How do you guys spot fake lego figures?  Some guy had a Han Solo with the new hair that he bought for $4 it said lego in the description.  It looked pretty good to me but it had to have been a fake.  How can I tell?

Can you show us the image? 

1 hour ago, Irish437 said:

I'd have to see it to be sure, but it sounds like a fake. Only a brand new LEGO seller would sell that Han Solo for $4, and no brand new LEGO seller goes to buy a $499.99 Death Star.

Can anyone advise me of the widest available either clear or smoked grey cockpit canopy available, as I am thinking about modifying my U-wing as i would like to get 2 abreast seating (spoiler alert) like it is in the film also correct the cockpit area to be or like the snow speed as it appears in the film hope the pictures aren't too big sorry if they are and if some thing like this has already been posted

star-wars-new-starship-u-wing.png

I'm sure it's fake.  No one who is breaking up the Death Star would sell the figs that cheap.  Is there any lego markings anywhere on the figures?  I've seen some decent looking repros on eBay and now I'm getting Leary of buying any lego figures that aren't in an official package that I open myself.

On 1/22/2017 at 4:47 PM, benderisgreat said:

It's been 4 years since we had an Ep 2 set released, and if Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Ring turns out to be fake, then it'll be 5 years without a set! So does anyone else thinks we might get at least a few 20-30$ Ep 2 set in 2018?

There was the hailfire droid set in 2015, along with microfighters and a Jango constraction figure. I do think the starfighter would make a good set though, I like my blue one from '07. I think a new ep 2 themed slave 1 or a zam speeder would be cool, but that's about all I see being made besides more geonosis things.

Can anyone who has Duel on Naboo tell me if Qui-Gon's lightsaber is the old light green or the newer green? All the reviews I've seen are against a white background so I can't really tell, but it does seem like the newer one.

13 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Can anyone who has Duel on Naboo tell me if Qui-Gon's lightsaber is the old light green or the newer green? All the reviews I've seen are against a white background so I can't really tell, but it does seem like the newer one.

It's new one.

On January 23, 2017 at 2:19 PM, Irish437 said:

I bought a $30 Tarkin, which is real and absolutely lovely, from the death star set and the same seller at the time had a $13 Han Solo. $4 for the hairpiece alone doesn't sound awfully fake, especially if the seller is aware that the hair piece is currently in a far cheaper set and no longer exclusive.

Given how cheap hair on BL tends, emphasis on tends, to be i'm not overly suspicious. However its your money and your risk. Personally if you don't want to take the risk just buy the previous version of Han Solo's legs and torso, if you don't have either, and wait until the desert skiff comes on sale in your area. That way you get the hair piece and a perfectly good Han.

2 hours ago, Forresto said:

I bought a $30 Tarkin, which is real and absolutely lovely, from the death star set and the same seller at the time had a $13 Han Solo. $4 for the hairpiece alone doesn't sound awfully fake, especially if the seller is aware that the hair piece is currently in a far cheaper set and no longer exclusive.

Given how cheap hair on BL tends, emphasis on tends, to be i'm not overly suspicious. However its your money and your risk. Personally if you don't want to take the risk just buy the previous version of Han Solo's legs and torso, if you don't have either, and wait until the desert skiff comes on sale in your area. That way you get the hair piece and a perfectly good Han.

It isn't just the hair! It's the whole minifigure.

48 minutes ago, JPN366 said:

75158 Rebel Combat Frigate is labeled as "Retiring Soon" on US LEGO website.

So…? We get rid of a bad set? :D

Sorry for the double post (it didn't merge), but isn't the shaping in the LEGO AT-ST off? It's top-wide bottom-thin, but I remember the in-universe one having relatively flat sides.

Edited by VaderFan2187

5 hours ago, JPN366 said:

75158 Rebel Combat Frigate is labeled as "Retiring Soon" on US LEGO website.

Thanks for the update, luckily I already got it c:

4 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Sorry for the double post (it didn't merge), but isn't the shaping in the LEGO AT-ST off? It's top-wide bottom-thin, but I remember the in-universe one having relatively flat sides.

Nah, it's quite correct

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor at-st

2 hours ago, TWP said:

Nah, it's quite correct

-snip-

Well I think it's too steep...

th?id=OIP.M744122d498fda090fc577b75e8d9cb0bH0&pid=15.1 

th?id=OIP.6MvnkMK0uAblX4UHydI4RgEsCg&pid=15.1

Edited by VaderFan2187

I can't be the only one who thinks the current AT-ST looks rubbish? The lack of consistency with the scaling (it's too big to fit well with any other system sets) and the frankly awful legs and hips, are too intrusive to ignore. Then there's the issue with the sloping sides...

2 hours ago, belkor said:

I can't be the only one who thinks the current AT-ST looks rubbish? The lack of consistency with the scaling (it's too big to fit well with any other system sets) and the frankly awful legs and hips, are too intrusive to ignore. Then there's the issue with the sloping sides...

It's a little off yes, but I don't think relative to other sets it is worse. 

The Krennic shuttle's proportions are way off, Kylo's has the wrong color, the U-wing's troop transport part is too chubby, and the T-70 X-wings are also wrong on so many parts. 

Honestly, I don't get why the AT-ST gets so much hate lately, it's a pretty fine set IMO. Yes, maybe the legs might be a bit too long (I think next to the hovertank it doesn't look that bad anyway), but let's face it, those slopes are next to impossible to recreate as it was on the studio models...

Also noticed that the new Spider Droid and Kanan's Speeder Bike are retiring soon too.  The A-Wing/Vader TIE set has already been retired.

5 hours ago, brobert said:

The Krennic shuttle's proportions are way off

Too big or too small?

So i am limiting my upcoming purchase to a single rogue one set and would like some input from people who have purchased both the U-wing and the Y-wing. In your opinion, which set is the best? BTW,  i do not own any of the past Y-wings. please help!

4 hours ago, JPN366 said:

Also noticed that the new Spider Droid and Kanan's Speeder Bike are retiring soon too.  The A-Wing/Vader TIE set has already been retired.

Wow, so quickly? Understandably the spider droid was a bad set but the other two seemed alright to me...