XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Using the Billy Bookshelf I have as a guide the MF will fit in the Detolf.

Thanks, I'll be ordering soon then. A nice iconic set to start my vacation.

Detolf measures 38 x 28 cm. My "standard" X-Wing fits perfectly, I doubt the MF will.

Hi Cammo, I've just checked mine and it's about 46cm (length), 32cm (width) and 12cm (height). These are very approximate as it's not easy to measure! :wink: I hope that this helps.

Thank you, it will be a tight fit... If it doesn't, there's still the Microfighter Falcon :laugh:

Thanks btw!

I've just started to build 7965 Falcon. I purchased it along with 8097 slave 1 from eBay. Both used but like new. Now, can anybody tell me...is there a known printing error with the instructions for this set ? Or has there been a parts revision somewhere along the line that was not corrected for in the instructions ? I've come across some parts that do not match what is shown in the manual. Dark Bley instead of black / light bley instead of dark, that kind of thing.

Its only a few parts but it's driving me mad ! Can anybody help me out?

It appears to be a printing error in my manual...certain parts are one color on one page and a different color on the next. Dark bley becomes black. And vice versa. Anybody else had this?

I remember having similar problems with mine; the black and dark grey are very difficult to differentiate at times! It's not a bad model though and worth a bit of frustration :classic:

I remember having similar problems with mine; the black and dark grey are very difficult to differentiate at times! It's not a bad model though and worth a bit of frustration :classic:

It also happened that the plate that the 'engine' is built on is a 4x6 black plate in the manual, but after searching for the part and cross referencing the parts list, I realised I had to use a 4x6 dark grey plate there? And I had a 2x12 stud long plate as part of the bottom sub structure instead of a 2x10 long plate (this is underneath the 'engine' area, on the bottom of the ship....2 on each side and this one at the rear)

Apart from the confusion these have caused, I'm enjoying the build so far!

Do you think we'll ever get some Ralph McQuarrie-style Lego sets?

http://www.starwars.com/news/gentle-giant-sdcc-mcquarrie-style-luke-skywalker-first-look

Can almost guarantee a few. Rebels is using a ton of McQuarries art and designs to form the animated shows look. With some of his ship designs being straight up used in the show. Plus a full size stage mock up of a McQuarrie X Wing has been photographed next to the new Milenium Falcon set on the London Sound stage. So it may be putting in an appearance in Ep VII.

How likely is it that we'll see a cloud city exclusive or set based on it next year? I can't think of much else from the original trilogy that they can remake again for the next wave.

Can almost guarantee a few. Rebels is using a ton of McQuarries art and designs to form the animated shows look. With some of his ship designs being straight up used in the show. Plus a full size stage mock up of a McQuarrie X Wing has been photographed next to the new Milenium Falcon set on the London Sound stage. So it may be putting in an appearance in Ep VII.

That's a very good point. Ezra's helmet is very reminiscent to McQuarrie's stormtroopers' helmets. I hope we'll get his design of Luke Skywalker as a minifig.

A McQuarrie sub-line, kinda like the Hasbro series a few years back, would be incredible in Lego form. Maybe even a Luke/Vader confrontation from the McQuarrie artwork would be perfect.

A McQuarrie sub-line, kinda like the Hasbro series a few years back, would be incredible in Lego form. Maybe even a Luke/Vader confrontation from the McQuarrie artwork would be perfect.

That'd actually be a Deak/Vader confrontation ;) Deak's brother, Luke, was still at home with their Jedi uncle Owen Lars, their cousin Leia, and their younger twin brothers Biggs & Windy. Oh, 2nd draft of Star Wars, why are you so wacky? :laugh:

But yeah, some proper McQuarrie-style versions of the characters would be great. With Zeb already a minifigure, it'd be simple enough for TLG to turn him into an actual McQuarrie Chewbacca; GOTG Star-Lord's helmet could be a great base for McQuarrie Deak.

Quick question, when are the 2015 winter sets going to be revealed? When were they revealed last year? I'm holding out for a TIE interceptor and Imperial shuttle in that wave.

Edited by GuyDudeMan27

I presume we'll get at least a glimpse of what's coming at SDCC in a fortnight :classic:

Last year we got the preview of the AT-AP there; hope this year it'll be something more spectacular!

Edited by HJR-Holland

I presume we'll get at least a glimpse of what's coming at SDCC in a fortnight :classic:

Last year we got the preview of the AT-AP there; hope this year it'll be something more spectacular!

I am hoping for a glimpse at the UCS Slave 1 at SDCC...but I doubt it at the same time.

Thats not an X-wing its Rebel Z-95 head hunter. Thats why the nose is shorter and it has the single engine on each side.

Edited by MandaloretheLesser

Nope; it''s an X-wing- the two laser cannons on the side give it away. I believe that, like the original McQuarrie art, each engine is hemispherical.

Hey guys. Was just wondering how many other people have done what I'm doing and your thoughts on it. I've recently purchased a few Hoth sets to fill in my admittedly barren Episode V collection. Got me the Wampa Cave (which comes with a snowspeeder) and the Echo Base with the awesome Tauntaun, Bacta Tank, snowtroppers, etc. One thing that I'm still missing is the AT-AT, but that's coming in a month or so in the next wave so I'll pick that up then. Still, I'm missing the Imperial Droid units which are fairly key to these scenes. The thing is, when looking around on BrickLink many folks are charging quite a bit of money for them as complete. Thinking that it would be cheaper, I also looked at the parts inventories those folks were selling, and found that if I bought the parts I could build the probe droids for a much lower cost than buying them "complete." It also helped that I had many of the pieces in my spare parts bag. Black 1x1 rounds, transparent bright orange and red-orange 1x1 rounds, black antennas, and the black droid arms.

I guess there's a moral dilemma here. Is it wrong to buy the pieces from the same seller who is charging two to three dollars more for the fig than for the combined pieces, or is this just smart shopping? Many of the pieces can be bought directly from Lego's pick-a-brick area so you can build multiple versions of them. I ended up getting the parts needed for the 7666 set Probe Droid as well as for a 75014 set probe droid. Going to end up building both to see which I like the look of better, then probably going to build a whole bunch more of what I like. From LDD, the 7666 set looks a lot better to me so I may end up building a whole bunch of them. Many of the pieces from the 75014 version are usable in the 7666 version.

So have any of you guys done this? In the long run, did you find this cheaper than buying complete figs?

Thats not an X-wing its Rebel Z-95 head hunter. Thats why the nose is shorter and it has the single engine on each side.

The Clone Wars retconned the look of the Z-95. Previously, various EU sources used the McQuarrie version as Headhunters, but no longer (tho TCW used the McQ art as reference, too, as evidenced by the engines).

The life-size model there has an even shorter nose, and is most likely a newer model of X-wing from the 30 years between ROTJ and EpVII.

Is it wrong to be buying the parts individually when the seller sells them as complete?

Well, let's put it this way...

Is it wrong to sell the 'complete' model for more when you are also selling the parts that could make it?

Of course it isn't either way, it is simply smart selling/buying. You buy whatever works out cheapest for you!

And enjoy building them in the meantime :)