Sign in to follow this  
Savage Oppress

Your favorite Lego Video Game

What is your favorite Lego video game?

You can choose from the Traveler's Tales games and the old games like Lego Chess and Lego Racers.

You can also tell us why it is your favorite game.

The TT games are fun, but I've lost interest in them as they've been milking the series for eight years now and it got stale for me several years back. I'm also not very interested in licensed stuff. LEGO City Undercover looks brilliant, but as it's a Wii U exclusive I doubt I'll be playing it any time soon.

So, my favorite games... I'd say it's between Island Xtreme Stunts, LEGO Racers 2, and LEGO Island.

LEGO Island wasn't as much of a game as it was a "toy with gaming features" as the developers called it - the fun mostly came from the hours and hours of animation and interactivity and even the music packed into the game, rather than the actual "gameplay" in the sense of action and strategy (of which there was very little).

Island Xtreme Stunts went the other way, focusing on fun open world gameplay instead of the characters and interactivity, but hey, the gameplay is quite fun.

As for LEGO Racers 2, again, I like the open world nature of it, the freedom to just run around and find things, and of course, blowing the other cars to bits with various weapons. The boss races were awesome, especially racing against Riegel's mech.

LEGO Marvel is my favourite, which is amazing as it isn't even out yet. However I know that with all of the characters and from the gameplay videos, it will by far be my favourite. Until then it will be a LEGO Batman 2.

The old LEGO racers for me.

The newer TT games is a harder pick though...

PotC is my favourite movie franchise they did.

LotR is the most innovative but

Batman 2 had the most fun characters...

Well overall: LEGO racers then

1591-1-lego-racers.jpg

Edited by Cammo

I liked Lego POTC, the whole Lego Star Wars series, and Lego Batman 1+2 all about equally, but I have to agree with Cammo, those Lego racers games were my favorite videogame for so long. I really love all the new ones, especially seeing how they mold new characters, stories, and abilities to the original Star Wars format, but I think I liked Lego racers more than I liked real Lego at some times. :classic:

I'm in the Marvel camp. Being a huge Marvel fan to begin with, of course it's going to be the top. Seing all the footage I've never been this excited for a LEGO game...ever.

Counting only games that are out, yet.... I'm doubting between LSW: The Complete Saga and LB2: DC Superheroes.

I think the answer is LEGO Batman. I still love that it has so much other superheroes, especially Superman, my favorite DC character.

But I have no doubt that LEGO Marvel will surpass that game easily, so many ways...

Regards,

Mitch

LEGO Batman 1 and 2 tie as best for me. I just 100% beat both this summer and I'm very glad I did.

Lego Stunt Rally and Creators' Knights' Kingdom were my favourites as a kid, but now I have to say SW Complete Saga. I haven't had time to downloaded and play Lego LOTR, but I suspect I'll like that one the most when I do get the chance.

My favorite is LotR, however I felt a few feature were missing, mainly the lack of horses to ride and other Creatures to ride in the open hub. I have feeling Marvel will be even better though.

The old Lego Racer on the PC. Can you still get that game?

Lego Rock Band on the Wii.

I have enjoyed a lot of the TT games but I think the two Batman games are the best because they're not limited to the storylines from movies or TV shows like most of the series and they prove that TT can come up with nice original storylines when needed.

Very close but I think lego batman 2 beats out LOTR by a nose.... They both have vast open worlds which I love but I found the side quests in LOITR annoying. I will also probably have a new favorite in just over a week!... Of course

Hmmmm. This is kinda tuff! I really liked Lego POTC a lot, so much of that game was cool. Lego Marvel is already one of my favorites for obvious reasons. The Bionicle game, not sure of the name, was fun if difficult at times but what game isn't. Maybe someone should have a Mod put a poll in?

Lego City Undercover by far. It was the first Lego game to have a 'proper' open city (as in a city with civilians and cars going along the roads). It's filled with collectibles and the writing is hilarious :sweet:

I have to agree with greeny. I've played most, if not all of the licensed Lego games on the Wii, but Undercover on the Wii U takes it to an entirely different level. The game isn't perfect by any means, but it's certainly very ambitious and very well done. It's just a shame that it has such long load times and constant frame-rate drops, something that could be cured in a sequel, although that's unlikely considering the poor sales of the console.

I'm looking forward to Lego Marvel Super Heroes this Friday, I have the Limited version on pre-order with the Iron Patriot Minifig.

Would anyone care to comment on the 3DS version of Undercover? I've read conflicting reviews so I'm not too sure about it....

Lego Rock Band? I have seen it quite cheap but i've never really taken notice of it, maybe i should try it?

Edited by Mr Breden

My favorite LEGO game is definitely LEGO Rock Raiders. :thumbup:

But LEGO Racers and LEGO Star Wars the Complete saga are also very high on the list.

Lego Rock Band? I have seen it quite cheap but i've never really taken notice of it, maybe i should try it?

Well if you can get it cheap, then definitely buy it. But please note that you also have to buy either a gaming microphone, guitar, or drum kit to play it.

Edited by Captain Settle

My Favorite Game before TTGames is LegoLand that I really want to see another one and Lego Island 2 that I would love to see a another one but not in the same game play like what TTgame is doing with all there Lego Game.

My Favorite from TTgame Lego Games is just Lego Batman.