Ecclesiastes

Spine Trees (MCB II)

Mitgardia holds a large amount of different trees which you won't see in any other Guild. One of those trees is the Mitgardian Spine Tree. This tree is spread out from the clan lands to the tundra forests and it provides wood of a very high quality.

10026107644_e80eaf3523_b.jpg

10026154185_904d3046d7_c.jpg

10026106654_137cbc91d8_c.jpg

At last the secret is revealed! :laugh: I agree with pinioncorp that these trees are rather dense they really capture the evergreen feeling. The few brown branches are a nice touch. :thumbup:

Lovely trees Ecc! The spines work well for branches and I'm glad you showed us some pics of how to build one :thumbup:

Yes, a thicket of these dense trees can be a huge pain to fight your way through! When I travel to Mitgardia, I tend to stay on the roads when going through spine tree forests. Just too much work to hack your way through, especially for a Kaliphlin used to widely-spaced palm trees!

So, so, so NICE! :wub: The density of those leaves and branches left me speechless... Amazing job Ecclesiastes! :thumbup:

I agree, this is genius. I've always been turned off by the "spine as foilage." Whenever I see them my mind can't comprehend that it's a vine or leaves, or anything but a weird robotic spine piece. But here, all together, they totally create a new gestalt and sure enough - I look past it and see some very formidable trees! Excellent! Great build and thanks for the instructional pics.

Wow, this sums up our environment so well, it is hard to believe it is still Lego!

Wow that is amazing, hardly looks like lego! That is a lot of dark green spines.... Well done! If only Avalonia had those...

neat! tottaly suits your MOCing style Ecc!

I'd try it if I had more than 3 spikey vines :laugh:

neat! tottaly suits your MOCing style Ecc!

I'd try it if I had more than 3 spikey vines :laugh:

I would suggest you try it in dark red and black, with an octopus(comes in either color) as it's base. That would make it seem more of a Nocturnus tree.

Thanks guys!

Yes, a thicket of these dense trees can be a huge pain to fight your way through! When I travel to Mitgardia, I tend to stay on the roads when going through spine tree forests. Just too much work to hack your way through, especially for a Kaliphlin used to widely-spaced palm trees!

Send a letter and I'll send you a guide, traveling through the spine forests is a lot faster than using the roads :wink:

Wow, this sums up our environment so well, it is hard to believe it is still Lego!

I'm not into Playmobil, but they do have great stuff. I kind of used their pine tree as inspiration: 2702185.jpg

I would suggest you try it in dark red and black, with an octopus(comes in either color) as it's base. That would make it seem more of a Nocturnus tree.

That would make such a creepy tree! :devil:

Wonderful evergreen design. Has anyone added this to the tree tutorial? If it hasn't, it should be.

I'll dive into that!

Trees in plural, way to go!

These indeed feel very Mitgardian, I assume this is not the last we've seen of these? :wink:

Awesome trees :thumbup: :thumbup: but they are better live :tongue:

I can see these popping up everywhere. Excellent job. Nice "dark forest" feel to them.

Edited by Rook