kevin8

(MOC)-Modular Medieval Tower

Hello to everyone.

Today I would like to introduce one of the latter MOC I've built.

It's an ancient tower, restored and converted into a Museum. It's my first fully original Modular Building and the first to be completely designed with LDD.

8447826148_03e558a513.jpg

Each store has its own display of medieval stuff.

8447827388_79ba92ea26.jpg8446737433_cfcef5f5c1.jpg

Each floor has its own structure of wooden beams.

7871668380_d2ef739f74.jpg

I love castles ... But my idea of ​​a giant castle does not agree at all with the available space in my house.

I've taken the opportunity to to use some techniques to build the tower.

In particular, I've taken care of the shape of the windows, creating the inclination of the walls as in the existing medieval fortresses, and I've tried to create realistic gargoyles.

8446738877_842d30f1d4.jpg8446738413_29a95ba0e8.jpg

Unlike the original design and the fact that once built, it appeared a bit "stubby", I added a floor with a clock. The white panel is actually a Mobile Phone Antenna... we can usually see these antennas on higher buildings...

8447825542_a3386a8603.jpg

The top floor has a wooden staircase leading to the terrace on top of the tower from which minifigs can admire the view of their city.

7871668240_d7d5096420.jpg

www.flickr.com/photos/kevin8/sets/72157631268893806

Edited by kevin8

You've done a remarkable job of fitting a lot of interior detail into a very small space. Also, I like that you've put just enough variation in the gray that the walls look realistic but not overdone. I really like the windows and my favorite is the top of the tower. On the interior I love the display cases and the wooden stairs... I want to go visit this tower/museum! Well done.

I really like the detail you've managed to get in the interior of the floors, the facade, the inclination of the walls at the top, and the wooden stairs looks just right. I think the clock with it's SNOT numbers is superb, and my only minor observation would be to maybe consider a different colored clock face so that it constrasts with the stone work.

Excellent work!

Thanks for the comments.

Regarding the color of the Clock... I really tried to have a white dial, but it was not actually possible to make it roundish... And a square dial was out of place... :wacko:

This is really a wonderful design/implementation. It looks to me like a king that does not have a lot of land, so he made the best of what space he had (kind of like your sitution). Your tower looks very well thought out. Some towers look like the builder was just trying to see how high they could stack bricks.

I am not normally a castle person, but this one is very nice.

The clock is great, the space utilization is incredible, looks like a nice place to live/work, like a midievil high rise.

Andy D

The incorporation of the museum into an old tower is a very clever idea. The clock - both the dial and the mechanism - is the most genuine detail of the entire creation. Though the dial on the real medieval tower would most likely have hour marks in Roman numerals, but these would be much more difficult to represent on this scale.

Well done!

I find this tower a beautiful moc from the first time I saw.

There are very beautiful detail of the tower and all the interior furnishings.

If I can do my own personal note I would have used the dark tan instead of tan and then I would have one more floor! :laugh:

Thanks for all the good words!

Oh Damiano!!! Another floor won't fit inside the box I use for transporting the Moc... :tongue:

Anyway, regarding dark tan... the problem is that when I built it I had no dark tan brick and they were very expensive... :sceptic:

This is an excellent build! Absolutely awe inspiring. I really enjoy the display case, I may have to implement something similar in my build. Thanks for sharing!

Wonderful build. I like the awning roof on the lower part and how you were able to fit in stairs and a detailed interior in such a confined space.

This is awesome! I love the concept of having a museum in a tower like this and you've executed it really nicely. I love all the details, like the gears for the clock, the final wooden staircase and the display cabinet for the swords.

Thank you! I just make something we can usually see in Italy, when medieval buildings become museum for ancient stuff.

:classic:

This is a very good looking and unique modular, I really like it! I love the colours you've blended in to the facade/walls and the details in the interior are really good too! The clock looks great, and looks like it works....?

I think my favourite section is the bit with the gargoyles, they are done really well and the windows on the floor below look great as well as the details around the gargoyles.

Well done and happy building :laugh:

I like this - I wonder how tall you could go before the whole thing fell over. I really like the stacking-modular idea. I've tried it (in less ambitious ways, for certain) but never thought of adding the extra beams underneath (for support and to keep each floor from just sliding off from the one it's sitting on). Just thinking about climbing all those stairs makes my legs tired - I would need to build myself a Cafe floor. Maybe two.

Great job - It would be neat to see several of these modular towers built up and on display. I noticed the holes on each side - do you already have walls or other structures ready to plug in there?

Thanks for the compliments. The holes on the base are for connecting to the other modular buildings like Corner Cafe or the last Palace Cinema...

Maybe I'll try to put a coffe machine on one floor so you can restore before going to the terrace... :grin:

Edited by kevin8