Nice setup. I see you still have that epic fire engine. Hope you keep that one in one piece. I also see you got the Kwik-E-Mart and Simsons House sets. I was so tempted to get them as well but managed to contain myself :/.

Thanks Kelkschiz! I really envy your window over the desk!

I'm considering to keep the ACT in one piece, now I'm dismantling it to do the instructions...or at least try to do them :grin: ..but there are almost all my PF parts :cry_sad:

What's your secret? Did you attend a course or something like that? Please, teach me how to not fall in the TLG marketing that works so fine with me! :laugh:

Thanks Kelkschiz! I really envy your window over the desk!

I'm considering to keep the ACT in one piece, now I'm dismantling it to do the instructions...or at least try to do them :grin:..but there are almost all my PF parts :cry_sad:

What's your secret? Did you attend a course or something like that? Please, teach me how to not fall in the TLG marketing that works so fine with me! :laugh:

Lol, thanks. It's not a big secret. It's a cool little device I have that starts nagging me the moment I spend too much money on LEGO bricks. It's called a wife... But seriously I love her to bits.

Edited by Kelkschiz

Lol, thanks. It's not a big secret. It's a cool little device I have that starts nagging me the moment I spend too much money on LEGO bricks. It's called a wife... But seriously I love her to bits.

:laugh: :laugh:

Ohh yes...I bought one last year...but she asked me to buy TBBT and Wall-e sets...my could be broken...or that's why I married her. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

Ohh yes...I bought one last year...but she asked me to buy TBBT and Wall-e sets...my could be broken...or that's why I married her. :laugh:

:laugh:

You sir, are a lucky man!

I live in a flat. I don't have area to dedicate to LEGO yet, still thinking how to do that.

My many unopen yet boxes are in boxes on my bedroom cupboard. My workplace is my guest room. This is what guests see when they are in:

DSC02630%20(Medium).JPG

and this is what they don't realise is there:

DSC02631%20(Medium).JPG

I build on this table or outside in the living room.

Edited by Samer

My tiny working place, preparing to build new 42040 Fire Plane :classic:

AYmEpzL.jpg

More room would be nice but this is what I must be satisfied with for now :look:

Edited by MacKaiwer

I simply don't have any place now - trying to build on a bed, a stool and a cupboard at the same time...

Edited by Mestari

I just received my new sorting drawers. So I feel that I can finally show all of you my building place:

22541236009_efacc77360_c.jpg

The drawers are leaps and bounds above the old horizontal storage system that I was using.

~John

P.S. I'm sorry about the photo, I don't have Gimp on this computer. :(

Hi Everyone

I hope all's well with you all.

For a long while I've been looking through these pages, admiring members Lego rooms all the while thinking I'd love to have a dedicated room to build in. Lack of a free room in our house and cost has always held me back but after a lot of procrastination I bit the bullet and sold nearly 40 of my Technic/Racers/Model Team set's (I've still got plenty left though as most of those I sold were doubles of sets I already had). I also sold a load of 'high value' parts, buggy motors, air tanks, power puller tyres/wheels etc. When the money was added up I had enough to buy myself my very own Lego room in the shape of a 16' x 8' (4.85m x 2.5m) 'garden office' type building.

Here's a couple of pictures. I hope you like it.

IMG_5801.JPG

IMG_5853.JPG

The interior's still a work in progress so I'll not show those pics just yet. I've got much of what I want for the inside though. I've a couple of racking bays to store my boxes on and an old but really sturdy 6' (1.8m) pine table to build on. I just need to get some shelving put up to display my builds. Finally, there's no power out to the shed yet as my electrician's busy, it should be done in a week or so.

It'll not be anything fancy when it's done but it will be practical. I'll have what I need, where I need it with space to build & display my models and that's the most important thing to me. I'm a very happy Grum :classic:

I'll post pictures of the interior as work progresses.

Edited by grum64

For a long while I've been looking through these pages, admiring members Lego rooms all the while thinking I'd love to have a dedicated room to build in. Lack of a free room in our house and cost has always held me back but after a lot of procrastination I bit the bullet and sold nearly 40 of my Technic/Racers/Model Team set's (I've still got plenty left though as most of those I sold were doubles of sets I already had). I also sold a load of 'high value' parts, buggy motors, air tanks, power puller tyres/wheels etc. When the money was added up I had enough to buy myself my very own Lego room in the shape of a 16' x 8' (4.85m x 2.5m) 'garden office' type building.

Here's a couple of pictures. I hope you like it.

I love it :wub:

I especially admire the fact that you sold part of your collection to gather money for this LEGO palace. Dedication!

An outdoor LEGO room is actually in the offing for me as well, but that still depends on a lot of factors. Outdoors it won't be nearly as nice as yours though. Good luck with the interior and looking forward to more pictures!

Great place Grum!

Waiting to see the inside, I have to say that the outside it's really a wonderful start point! I like the presence of a lot of windows for more natural light!

Nice building place/room it will be my dear friend grum :thumbup: I also admire that you've sold so many sets and valuable parts to get your own building place :classic: I'm waiting too to see it ready and in action, good luck and happy building, both the place and the Legos :wink:

Here is my working place and the storage system - maybe you can find something interesting. There are english subtitles in this movie of course :)

Here is my working place and the storage system - maybe you can find something interesting. There are english subtitles in this movie of course :)

Great video and explanation how you work and storage your Lego @Desert752 :thumbup: .

I think whe got all the same problems and there is no real ideel storage and working place, whe always have not enough parts and working place :laugh::wink: .

Thank you all for your very kind comments.

Selling the sets etc., wasn't an easy decision to make but I know it was the right one. We couldn't have bought the shed otherwise.

Most of the sets being doubles of sets I'd got were destined for my parts collection so I guess I'll need to start bargain hunting again.

Edited by grum64

Thank you all for your very kind comments.

Selling the sets etc., wasn't an easy decision to make but I know it was the right one. We couldn't have bought the shed otherwise.

Most of the sets being doubles of sets I'd got were destined for my parts collection so I guess I'll need to start bargain hunting again.

After all it is for a good cause!!! :classic:

Thanks for sharing, some great ideas in there!