TheLegoDr

New Pirates minifigure pack

Wow, so that's like US$20. That's a lot for something this small. :wacko: I was thinking it'd be between 12 and 15 USD. Brickipedia's page for it says it's US$14.99, which sounds reasonable, but whoever added it didn't cite it, so unfortunately I'm not sure.

It is $14.99 in US. I got 4 of them at Legoland California park. They always charge MSRP, so that will be the price for the US market. I submitted the image for Brickset and am trying to get it approve on Bricklink as well.

Miro

Its good to see a minifig pack being released, to bad they wouldn't switch up the look of the two sailors...there to similar.

LEGO Pirates: The Leftovers

That's the vibe I get from this battle-pack. Although dark red bandannas are awesome!

LEGO Pirates: The Leftovers

That's the vibe I get from this battle-pack. Although dark red bandannas are awesome!

Buy it anyway. Even if they are just clearing minifig leftovers (which is a lot of what those packs are for) a strong showing of an unexpected Pirate set will help reinforce that the market for the Pirate theme is still good and strong.

If it means a possible new Pirate theme in the future, they can now release all the leftovers they want!

Buy it anyway. Even if they are just clearing minifig leftovers (which is a lot of what those packs are for) a strong showing of an unexpected Pirate set will help reinforce that the market for the Pirate theme is still good and strong.

Or it says that pirate fans will buy anything, even if half the pirates are dressed the same... although I think Lego have more integrity than to release substandard products just because they know people will buy them. I might pick up a set if I see one, but not for myself... maybe as a future present for my nephew or something.

Or it says that pirate fans will buy anything, even if half the pirates are dressed the same...

Ah, for the good old days of classic pirates, when that never happ--oh, wait.

TC

I just managed to get this set and was VERY disappointed in the quality of the minifigures. It's really strange because I go by a number of different methods that I've picked up from here and other forums, on determining the quality of figures.

1. Does the box mention Components made in China?

-This set does, but that doesn't always work, as many specialty parts (in this case the gold chrome coins) can also be made in China, and the rest of the set made elsewhere. However my coins look almost silver...

2. Does the neck of the minifigure have the printed rectangle.

-The pirate captain does, but none of the other figures do.

3. Is there the indentation on the armpit of the minifigure that the Chinese made figures have?

-Pirate Captain, and one pirate DO NOT have the indentaion, the female and other pirate do.

4. Is there a number printed on the wrist (Again commonly found on figures made in China)

-None have it

5. Is there a square indentation on the back of their leg when you bend the legs completely forward?

-Yes on all.

So to me this seems like it really was a mix of left over parts, since they are all varying quality. The legs are very lose, headgear seem to fit loosely and color seems a little off. But the weapons and accessories "Click" on the hands, and the pirate captains torso printing seems vibrant and clear, and a lot of the parts have that "shine" that was lacking in the CMF line.

I have to go home and find the same minifigures from previous sets and do a full comparison to be sure... so hopefully I can try to add some high quality photo comparisons to support my claim...

Ah, for the good old days of classic pirates, when that never happ--oh, wait.

TC

When they only have the technology to produce like five different minifig heads, I don't judge them so much... at least the stripes were different colours on the two torsos.

Also looking at this early 'battlepack' set, every minifig gets a weapon and only the soldiers get duplicate torsos. Good times.

It's disappointing to hear that this set really is just about getting rid of old parts. :sceptic: But I guess it makes sense from a business perspective.

@yys4u: Thanks for the information. It's kinda weird :sceptic:.

Edited by ANT

At first I thought the hands on my set were cracked. they grip the accesories but i don't get the snap i am used to.

Bill

neither new NOR interesting. we've got new castle, how 'bout some new (impressive) pirates? eh?

Been waiting 3-4 years now, it must be about time...

Well, even if most other people here are unenthusiastic about this pack, I'm definitely getting some (I think I'll tack them onto the Minecraft Village and Nether set order I'm getting for my wife), mainly because I happen to have a use for all those torso designs (the blue jacket sailors are used as general enlisted/lower NCO ratings in one of my main faction's navy, and the captain's jacket is the officer uniform in the same), and I could always use some more critters.

Still, I hope that if it does well, LEGO might consider releasing another pirate lineup (I'm kinda hoping, what with all the Pirate-themed Collectible minifigs that have come out lately, like the Conquistador, Pirate Captain and Revolutionary War soldier, that a new Pirate theme is in the works).

I missed the previous Pirate series, so I'll pick this one up. but you guys have some good points, it could be better.