Rogue Angel

Book II - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

@DG: hope your kids get well soon! My oldest is down with the flu and 40°C fever too.

DG & Kabel - I hope your kids are doing well. Mine had a cold last month, but he is doing better now.

I have been very, very busy with work both at work and at home, since Christmas. We have been less talkative over here in Avalonia, but it will pick up soon I will try to have the next Task(s) up in the next week or two, so that should perk things up again.

I hope the health of your little ones will soon be restored, fellow Avalonians.

My spies and contacts in the south has heard rumours of the Kaliphlinites expanding the influence over the Island of Easterbroke!!! Can we let this pass unnoticed or should we move to protect the interests of the Avalonians living there? :angry:

(EDIT: I have a few builds underway, including a rather large one only waiting to be posted, so it isn't completely quiet here!)

Edited by Bregir

My spies and contacts in the south has heard rumours of the Kaliphlinites expanding the influence over the Island of Easterbroke!!! Can we let this pass unnoticed or should we move to protect the interests of the Avalonians living there? :angry:

Don't worry your tights off. We're only going to force everyone off the island, cut off all trade there, and start making a mummy-werewolf hybrid army. Nothing to worry about I say!

Don't worry your tights off. We're only going to force everyone off the island, cut off all trade there, and start making a mummy-werewolf hybrid army. Nothing to worry about I say!

Never trust those sandsnakes I say! Your intrusion shall not be forgotten!! :wink:

On a different note: 2 freebuilds I forgot to post here:

The Trifork River Port

Ramparts of New Town

Brick on!

Great builds Bregir and MiloNelsiano!

Keep up the good work.

Bregir excellent, HSS with lots of details and activity. Trifork is expanding quickly!

Lord Robin of Avalonia

16390173871_7879771354.jpgAnother test Avatar by Chance Reed, on Flickr

Trained by the Elves of The Mystic Isles, Robin has the enhanced eyesight, speed, agility, and hearing of an Elf. As he traveled around the Guilds, he realized the world was a dark place. Recent incidents convinced him further.

To do his part, he became Lord of the area known as Anora. Since he became a Lord, he has done his best to help Anora prosper and grow. But can he do enough...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I hope this is how I do it. I want to claim the outlined yellow part and have it called Anora:

16603328855_4d6ac30721.jpgMy Land :D by Chance Reed, on Flickr

Thanks!

Welcome lord Robin!

Finally my kids are better! Thanks for the kind words!

Edited by de Gothia

Welcome amongst our ranks - now more than ever, we are in need of all the bannermen we can muster!

EDIT: New freebuild up: The Crown Inn

Edited by Bregir

Hey, all!

Been wanting to be in Guilds of Historia for awhile now, and I finally decided to join Avalonia. :classic: I have a sig-fig made and nearly ready to post, but I have a few questions beforehand. First, are we supposed to add our character's city to the map immediately or later on? Second, I read about the different regions (west, middle, east) in the beginning comment, but don't see them defined on the map. Am I supposed to estimate where they are? And finally, where can I find the current run-down on what going on in Historia? :wink:

Thanks!

There are no requirements that you must have a city / territory. So you can always add that later. I can't help you with the geographical definitions of Avalonia, as I don't pay much attention to the divvying of land here. The main story thread, that is stickied can give you the Book I background, book two is scattered in the challenge threads and no one has really consolidated it. Where we are at with the current challenge can all be found in the preludes for the challenge, which are linked on the challenge page.

Most welcome Graham! In Avalonia we claim small countys and build cities within them. So find the map of our beloved Avalonia and pick a nice county for your sigfig! =)

Hey! :classic: Hope the pictures are not too bad .. Wishing get my red marked County named "Aronia" :classic:

post-135568-0-26007900-1425924799_thumb.jpg

And here comes a story how it is that my knights have a lion as a symbol :classic: (This is many years back in time)

The legend tells it was a little girl, who first saw it, the mighty lion of the desert, and she tells her father, the little clans chieftian

-Father, look! A lion!

”Father” -Sure? You've been in the sun to long, it can be sunstroke, lions are not this far north

”The little girl” -Father! It's getting closer!

”Father” -But you're right! It is a lion! And a very big one!

”The little girl” -But, what is it does now?

The mighty lion went up a nerby center dune, and looked down on the clan members, and roared. Not one of those fearsome roar you usually think of, but a friendly.

”Father” -It was like.. It feels like it want to tell us something! No, now have I also got sunstroke! It's a completly normal lion.

But then he saw that his daughter had began to walk, walk like captived up against the mighty lion. He shoted at once:

-Noo! What are you doing Amira!! Immediately came down here again! It will kill you!

But is was to late, Amira was already there and could not hear. She stood beside the migty lion, and is was an impressive sight.

Now her father had started sneak up for the dune, he could not lose his daughter, it was already horrible as it was, the food ran out, the tents worn out, he knew they would not survive for long. He was closely folled by his best warriors, and not until they were about to pounce on the migty lion, The mighty lion turned a glance at them. It was enough that they would understand that the mighty lion did not want them any harm. And the began to walk at north, and all the little clan now understood that they would follow the mighty lion. They followed the lion many days, many miles, and The mighty lion was kind to the clan and took roads close to oases and shadow, and watched over them at night. One day, wen they has walked many weeks, they saw the land has become greener, grass. A few days leter when they just had climbed up for a great mountian, them saw the most wonderful of visions. They saw waterfalls, creeks, streams, rivers, lakes, hills, plains, flowers, shrubs, trees, forests, rabbits, foxes, deers, wild horses, squirrels, hedgehogs and birds of all its varieties. It was a majestic view.

The migty lion looked now at the clan, and nodded to the paradisiacal landscape below, and everyone knew what it meant, the migthy lion had given them a new home.

And so a few pictures of my sigfig and associated armies! :classic:

16765757512_06f03be91f_n.jpgIMG_0169 by Sir Gillian, on Flickr

Pikemen

16144503934_c81e376127_n.jpgIMG_0156 by Sir Gillian, on Flickr

Archers

16765751072_1628642189_n.jpgIMG_0167 by Sir Gillian, on Flickr

Cavalry

Whoops! Is the post too far? Hope it does not do anything with a further post :classic:

Edited by Sir Gillian

Welcome amongst our ranks, Sir Gillian!

I really like your intro, and those soldiers are looking great! :thumbup:

However, we are still missing an intro of your sig fig! :classic:

Thank you very much! :laugh:

He will come very soon with the nearest men and family! Have a little hard to think of names to all just :sceptic:

Edited by Sir Gillian

16144496384_ee900c4f50_n.jpgIMG_0213 by Sir Gillian, on Flickr

From left, back row (on the horses) Sir Amdir, Gillian's older twin brother. General "sir" Cedrick, a close friend of the Lords family. Virgin Darina, Gillian and Amdirs younger sister. From left, bottom row, Lady Cecilia, Gillian, Amdir and Darinas mother. Lord Richard, current lord of Aronia and Gillian, Amdir and Darinas father. Sir Gillian, (my sigfig, more info will come a bit later :classic: ) And finally, Eskil Cahon, Gillian's older cousin.

16146899833_a8af97e878_n.jpgSir Gillian (GoH Sigfig) by Sir Gillian, on Flickr

/Sir Gillian :classic:

Edited by Sir Gillian

Cool retinue, Sir Gillian - Looking forward to seeing your story and settlement evolve! :wink: