Rogue Angel

Book II - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Well the first time I saw your build I said it looks great already, and that is still true, keep up the amazing work Narbilu.

I've prepared my cast of characters for GoH, got a better idea of the stories I want to build, but am still having trouble picking my bricks up. Both in the sense of finding time to build, as well as motivation (I don't know how to say this, I want to build, but have a lot of stress. Not from LEGO but from other things.).

Edited by Isundir

Well the first time I saw your build I said it looks great already, and that is still true, keep up the amazing work Narbilu.

I've prepared my cast of characters for GoH, got a better idea of the stories I want to build, but am still having trouble picking my bricks up. Both in the sense of finding time to build, as well as motivation (I don't know how to say this, I want to build, but have a lot of stress. Not from LEGO but from other things.).

I know what You mean, but I hope we'll see some builds from You soon, but take your time.

Hi guys, I'm not often arround here. but I'm still building;-)

I posted my last MOc first at imperiumdersteine.de and dont located it in GoH so I didn't post it as a GoH Freebuild. But you can see it at the LEGO Historic Themes board

here

Edited by Petric_G

Welcome to Brandon (and anyone else I might have missed)

I just wondered this, Is there a dating system at all in GOH, for example, if I was writing a caption for a battle scene, could I say: "This battle happened in date" or should I just stick to A Long Time Ago In a galaxy far far away

Thanks in advance

Columbus

Tinder for the Avalonian nobility? :P

I am not sure but suppose the books and chapters (major events) are the main drivers of time.

Welcome to Brandon (and anyone else I might have missed)

Tinder for the Avalonian nobility? :P

I am not sure but suppose the books and chapters (major events) are the main drivers of time.

I don't know where, but I have found a timeline somewhere...

Let's do this!

Greeting, allow me to introduce, Conrad the Sly.

http://29092979312_fb38882890_n.jpg

Neither a knight, or a noble, just a simple soldier of fortune from Avalonia. He came home, to seek land, wealt and fortune.

Altho, he isn't alone. He is the leader, of a Mercenery group, called, the Wolf Brigade. They are a band of mischiefs: thiefs, bandits, marauders, smugglers...

The colors of the flag represent, the followings: The red represents war. The black, represents shadow, from where they strike their enemies. And the Wolf: Loyal.

As Avalonia accepts Conrad, and his band, as vassal, he will guard it, as a wolf its den.

Edited by kahir88

Welcome Conrad! Great to see the old wolfpack insignia used!

I suggest you embedded your pictures in your posts rather than linking them. (There is a small arrow on Flickr for that - click it and choose bb-code and the appropriate size, circa 800x600)

Let's do this!

Greeting, allow me to introduce, Conrad the Sly.

http://29092979312_fb38882890_n.jpg

Neither a knight, or a noble, just a simple soldier of fortune from Avalonia. He came home, to seek land, wealt and fortune.

Altho, he isn't alone. He is the leader, of a Mercenery group, called, the Wolf Brigade. They are a band of mischiefs: thiefs, bandits, marauders, smugglers...

The colors of the flag represent, the followings: The red represents war. The black, represents shadow, from where they strike their enemies. And the Wolf: Loyal.

As Avalonia accepts Conrad, and his band, as vassal, he will guard it, as a wolf its den.

Welcome, Conrad! You have chosen a guild wisely.

Hey guys, my newest build is done, I only need a name, but in the mean time I have come up with a window-design (I, that is I who combined DC's and SK's techniques). It did not make it into the final MOC, so that's why I show it to you here:

29190383046_46758ca8a9_c.jpg

28603744743_13fb9b2003_c.jpg

29146125261_19e00538dd_c.jpg

I hope to post my build soon!

Thanks guys!

@The Maestro: please do so, I'd love to see this in a MOC!

Greetings Avalonians,

please allow me to introduce Laesonar Half-Elf.

29165895741_bd0e68cb82.jpg

A couple of more pics: https://www.flickr.c...157672895240376

Laesonar is a skilled warrior, trained to use double weapons, being katanas his favourite. While his physical strength is only slightly above average, his speed and agility are rather impressive and, so far, matched only by few. He can also count on high developed senses - his eyesight, hearing, taste, touch and sense of smell are definitely unprecedented.

His appearance gives away a good deal about his origins, which yet remain shrouded in mystery as he has lost his long-term memory. However, he can clearly recall his recent training with an alchemist somewhere safe in Avalonian forests. The exact location, though, as well as the name of said alchemist, he doesn't seem to be able to recall. At least for now.

Note - I assure things will start to make sense after a couple of MOCs ^^

As for claiming land, Laesonar won't be there for a while, but I can still give an indication. I'll see if I can upload a map, but meanwhile: do we have an updated map of Avalonia? I don't seem to find it.

P.S.

Looks like I'm not able to have the pic appear in the post :blush: . Need to head out right now, but if anyone was so kind to leave a short how-to, it'd be much appreciated.

Edited by en_zoo

Welcome, Half-Elf!

About the image: when on Flickr, use the share button (little arrow right bottom), then BBCode and paste here. If you wish, you could cut of the last part.

As for claiming land, Laesonar won't be there for a while, but I can still give an indication. I'll see if I can upload a map, but meanwhile: do we have an updated map of Avalonia? I don't seem to find it.

With the exception of Deep Gardens, just claimed a post above you by Kahir, I believe this map to be updated and complete:

28223175652_c8b71abbcf.jpg

And welcome to Avalonia!

HELP! I am need with some last minute advice on an entry to a competition. I really want it to be the best it can be so if you guys could give me as much advice and creative/criticism as possible. Once again I was trying that style of old stone work but I also tried some snot/snac rock work for the first time. I will be Interested on how you thought they turned out. This will not be the finale model (hopefully) and I will retake the photos. Hope you enjoy and let the cc flow in!

28829457770_49368b7f7a_z.jpgFallen ruins by Jed cameron, on Flickr

Oh, and hopefully a new "the retaking of Eolas" chapter will be out soon

@Titus - thanks! [lol it was actually pretty easy, I was trying to use that together with the link button]

@Henjin - thanks, that was quick! and hey it looks much more populated than I thought, I'm gonna need to give it a deeper thought.

@The Maestro - maybe I shouldn't be giving advice, but hey it looks nice as it is if you ask me. Maybe just change something in the water just to give it some movement?

Edited by en_zoo

Thanks en_zoo and I forgot to say welcome to avalonia! Thanks for the advice and what do you mean shouldn't be giving advice? I need all the advice I can get.

what do you mean shouldn't be giving advice?

oh well I'm literally the last one who joined, you see.. :blush: