Am I the only one who doesn't like his head? Seems too goofy and cartoonish- the Crows, Wolves and Crocodiles looked far more malevolent and serious. Unless the Bats are good guys, which would be a first for Lego, but they're fighting one of the 3 good tribes in a set IIRC.

Am I the only one who doesn't like his head? Seems too goofy and cartoonish- the Crows, Wolves and Crocodiles looked far more malevolent and serious. Unless the Bats are good guys, which would be a first for Lego, but they're fighting one of the 3 good tribes in a set IIRC.

Nope, as I don't like it either. I actually described it as "goofy" myself earlier today. I agree with you. :grin:

I don't really like it either, it just looks way too cartoonish and funny-looking to fit in with some of the other tribes. I really like the bat wings though.

You are not alone.

Hopefully the Scorpions and Spiders will look better.

Maybe the other bat will have a more sinister face. I don't mind this one, but I think the nose is too big - the ears, too, but I can live with that given that it's a minifigure and big heads are just part of the aesthetic.

I thought that the face was weird, but honestly google bats. Some have a sleek fox-like face, but many have extreme nose and ear features. Other than the goofy grin this guy is pretty acurate.

Pretty sure all the tribes had their excessively-goofy-looking minifigures.

Pretty sure all the tribes had their excessively-goofy-looking minifigures.

I agree with that. You wouldn't base the whole lion tribe as goofy if you only saw Leonidas right? I'm sure this bat is just the goofy one of the tribe.

Keep in mind that photos also only ever show one specific angle, can have awkward backgrounds and/or otherwise just tend to make things look 'meh' to 'terribad'... (just look at the god-awful first pics of the SW Keshyyk Scout Trooper's helmet!) I'm betting this little guy will look pretty decent once we actually have it physically in hand.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

Got to say, while not the best, that is still one cool looking bat. While I don't approve of the large nose and ears, I will accept them, I've had interactions with various bats, and some of them do indeed look like this.

In a way I like that Lego ignored the Cliche bat image, and went for a different look.

Set as a whole doesn't interest me, it just looks too plain.

Well, I like the wings, but while the head is indeed accurate to real bats, I still don't like it.

To me the issue is more with his mouth that looks to be in a goof ball grin. And the use of what looks like Dark Bley instead of a brown or black color.

The torso print looks like it could have some potential but I'll need to see it without the armor piece to be sure.

I might be wrong, but I think he isn't light bley but sand blue instead.

Not sure about his head, but wow- new bat wings! The old ones were a bit outdated.

That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking. :tongue:

I really like the new "box" design.

They do appear to be good, as Blista has blue Chi.

The bat does appear to be good. His weapon uses blue chi rather than red. Makes me wonder if the Rhinos will be bad? There good in the tv show but bad in the online game.

The Blista minifigure looks ok , but that purple nose just doesnt look good though. I was more expecting an all black minifigure not grey.

Furty's weapon is blue as well, but he usually sides with the wolves, and is known to be very mischievous in the TV series. However, he is a Nomad much like Skinnet (and Dom de la Woosh) meaning that he doesn't belong to a coherent tribe species (meaning he has no official denomination). This could be said for Blista as well as the Scorpions and Spiders.

'L@go' posted this in the LEGO World Utrecht 2013 thread:

10500283973_5dcc5b1251_z.jpg

There's also prototypes of the Gorilla Striker, and the Eagle Interceptor, which are here and here!

(By the way, this will try to be the last post I'll type -Sci into my posts. I've put it it into my signature instead. Makes it a lot easier!)

Edited by CM4S