Ecclesiastes

Book II - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Hey Mitgards! Any of you know where I can find the results of the Mitgardian Civil War? IIRC, the results were posted during the Kaliphlin Civil War. I remember seeing them, but didn't get a chance to read all the way through. Having trouble finding anything but the prologue using the forum's search feature.

If you'd be so kind to give me a link to the thread, I'd be grateful.

It's not much of a surprise that you didn't find it as it took me a very roundabout way and quite a while to get to it even though I knew most of the circumstances of it's being originally posted (sorry if that was unintelligible! :laugh::grin:) Here you go!

Anybody else working on something for Mitgardia? :wink:

Good man, thanks!

Actually, that was a very impressive sentence, and I am proud of myself for understanding it. :laugh:

@Garmadon: Not currently, but I'm sure it won't be too long before I have another build for the North :thumbup:

I could follow Garmadon's post, but he needs to work on his punctuation. The books I consult if I need edification are currently out of print.

I could follow Garmadon's post, but he needs to work on his punctuation.

The sentence could have used a comma(or two) :laugh:. It's like a colleague of mine who talks really fast :tongue:

A WIP I'm working on. And yes, not Mitgardian looking at all! :grin:

29356604926_37d3ed3031_z.jpg

I have to agree with the others. That is epic. I can't wait to see what the finished build will look like.

Edited by Brandon Stark

Hi, I've been mostly inactive for the last 2 years, and was wondering whether Mitgardia welcomes back travellers who lost their way, but who wish to rejoin the mighty guild of Mitgardia?

I'm not a Mitgardian, so I cannot speak for the cold-hearted tundra-dwellers, but I see no reason why anyone wishing to rejoin the guilds, any of them, after some time away would be turned away (aside from banishment, I suppose...you weren't banished, were you?). Anyone wishing to be a part of the undertaking, to a great or small degree, (providing they play by the rules, of course) is welcome as I see it.

So welcome back to the guilds!

(And if the frozen hearts refuse to thaw, come down to milder winters somewhere else, like the green land of Avalonia...)

Ok, well I don't remember getting banished, so I'll hopefully just think up a series of free builds to explain the absence!

Old members are always welcome back! Most of us have to take a break at one time or another, but there's always room in Mitgardia for our past members :sweet:

Edited by soccerkid6

Whoa Ecc, what a beaut!

I could follow Garmadon's post, but he needs to work on his punctuation. The books I consult if I need edification are currently out of print.

Actually, if I may say so, his punctuation was flawless. Unless you're one of those Oxford comma people. I write for a living and I couldn't find any issue with his sentence. Then again, I may just be a very bad writer...

On a side observation, with a sentence like that, I'm pretty sure Garm could have a sweet rap career in his future!

"My name is Garm and I'm here to say,

rapping long sentences be the only way!"

Edited by MassEditor

The sentence could have used a comma(or two) :laugh:. It's like a colleague of mine who talks really fast :tongue:

Going back and reading it again, it really does read like someone talking awfully quickly, :laugh: Excellent looking build as well, Ecc, looking forward to seeing it finished!

Actually, if I may say so, his punctuation was flawless. Unless you're one of those Oxford comma people. I write for a living and I couldn't find any issue with his sentence. Then again, I may just be a very bad writer...

On a side observation, with a sentence like that, I'm pretty sure Garm could have a sweet rap career in his future!

"My name is Garm and I'm here to say,

rapping long sentences be the only way!"

:laugh::rofl: Thanks for the defense, MassEditor! It certainly did not technically require any change or commas, but a little rewording might have made it easier to read... though everyone seemed to get it anyways, :laugh: I didn't mean to start a whole long discussion on grammar and punctuation with it though, ha, ha!

On another note, though, I am actually rather known for writing tremendously long sentences (that is, from 60 to 100 words or so, :grin:) in essays and research papers and the like, but they are generally replete with commas, clauses, and em dashes! You've piqued my curiosity by saying you write for a living now though! - what do you write?

On another note, though, I am actually rather known for writing tremendously long sentences (that is, from 60 to 100 words or so, :grin:) in essays and research papers and the like, but they are generally replete with commas, clauses, and em dashes! You've piqued my curiosity by saying you write for a living now though! - what do you write?

I'm curious as well!

<snip>

Unless you're one of those Oxford comma people.

<snip>

Long live proper grammar, precise punctuation, and the Oxford comma!

Yes, I support the Oxford comma. Many of we Bloom County readers support such grammar. Opus & Bill 2016!

Additionally, that much discussed text of Garmadon's could have been broken into two, or possibly three, sentences without the loss of cohesion.

...Additionally, that much discussed text of Garmadon's could have been broken into two, or possibly three, sentences without the loss of cohesion.

But then we would have missed all this wonderful discussion! :laugh::tongue:

I have a finished Age of Mitgardia build that I'll be posting soon, anyone else have new builds coming soon?