Ecclesiastes

Book II - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

I'm finally finishing the story of Alva Tyrnsdottir (for the time being) with my AoM Barracks Phase 3. It's going to the largest building (if not build) that I've done for GoH and I'm drawing a lot of inspiration from Ecc and SK's Norse-style builds. Once that's done, I have what I think is a killer idea for Cat C that I can hopefully get done in December. :P

I'm really busy building for the Lego exhibition in Antwerpen next weekend and I don't seem to be able to finish anything atm. Anyway, there will be a whole lot more to Thorshaven you guys haven't seen yet!

kabel, I have been planning to place my Nesltands Embassy to Mitgardia in your fair city. Will they be welcome?

Still very busy with school, but this weekend I'll try to get some AoM or Ch.lll builds ready. Can't wait to see more of Thorshaven, kabel!

I'm finally finishing the story of Alva Tyrnsdottir (for the time being) with my AoM Barracks Phase 3. It's going to the largest building (if not build) that I've done for GoH and I'm drawing a lot of inspiration from Ecc and SK's Norse-style builds. Once that's done, I have what I think is a killer idea for Cat C that I can hopefully get done in December. :P

Looking forward to seeing that :thumbup:

I've been building quite steadily, just photographed a build I'll be using for Category C ( I have 2 builds for that so far...). And I'll be starting on another :wink:

Good to see so much activity. I'ts pretty busy at work, so I'm doing a lot of lurking these weeks :grin:

Lord almighty my head is a mess :wacko:

I love everyone's work here! great job everyone :laugh:

Why my head is a mess? well simply because i want to do a lot at the same time, Finishing The Hobbit MOC's for the last movie and trying to come up with a great MOC for Dwarven Affairs :sadnew:

Looking forward to seeing all the builds in progress! I should be starting on my challenge III builds this week hopefully :wink:

I am still slowly working on my Challenge III builds, but I have run into some delays.

Right now, nearly everything had to be packed away due to my roommate (and landlord) deciding to repaint and carpet the living room and family room (where I currently utilized space for my LEGO hobby). I have very little other space, so my building is limited. I also may be moving soon (which would make the packing worthwhile). If this is the case, I may not finish all I had hoped for Challenge III. I will continue to build when I have the chance and see what I can accomplish.

I am glad to see others continuing to build and am looking forward to seeing more Challenge III builds and freebuilds!

Quick question from a non mitgardian, are the colours still green and yellow? I keep seeing figs in dark blue or that what it seems like?

Green and yellow are still the official guild colors, but others can be used for Mitgardian figs too.

Great to see so many new Mitgardian creations! :thumbup:

Green and yellow are still the official guild colors, but others can be used for Mitgardian figs too.

Thanks for the clarification. :wink:

Does that mean that my dwarfs for Challenge III can wear red uniforms instead of green and yellow like the common Mitgardian military?

Different colors go well together, IMO. I utilized different house colors for the families in my village. I also have plans for Challenge III or freebuilds to incorporate a new group with different coloring. The way I see it, green and yellow are the colors of the nation (Guild of Mitgardia) while individual villages or groups would have their own coat-of-arms and representative colors and sigils.

On a side note, I do not know how much I will get completed for Challenge III. With my pieces packed away to move to a new house, I cannot build right now. As the holidays approach, my build time will be set aside for increased family time. I have my Category B build about half-way done and will complete it. I also have hopes to still build a story and representative scenes for Category C as time allows.

Great to see continued freebuilds for AoM! Great work, everyone!

Different colors go well together, IMO. I utilized different house colors for the families in my village. I also have plans for Challenge III or freebuilds to incorporate a new group with different coloring. The way I see it, green and yellow are the colors of the nation (Guild of Mitgardia) while individual villages or groups would have their own coat-of-arms and representative colors and sigils.

this is exactly how we have handled things so far. So all is cool. If you look at Ecc's troops you will also see that he uses the official colors as well as his own.

Haha, I just noticed my new title! Thanks to whoever gave me that! :laugh:

Also, just finished one of my builds for the challenge! Can't wait to get some pics!

Edit: Here's a bit of a preview for my Cat C build. :wink:

15691750080_529dfd34ae_z.jpg

Edited by Infernum

Yikes. That is one scary thingy.

If you think that's scary, you should see it shoot! :tongue: That thing flies! I've shot it the distance of three rooms!

Nice ballista.

Thanks Gedren!

Hi guys, not exactly how to join a guild but when I find out how to I will join mitgardia, please explain.

Sorry if I was a bit unclear in my last message,

I

Am just confused about how to join a guild.

Also, how do I post my builds?

So confused! Please help guys!

Sorry if I was a bit unclear in my last message,

I

Am just confused about how to join a guild.

Also, how do I post my builds?

So confused! Please help guys!

Well, to join Mitgardia, you make a sigfig (figure that shows who you are, so to say) and post here: I'd like to join Mitgardia. and then a little story about who your sigfig is. Simple as that!