Rick

2014 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I like all the police sets.....though blue and black police hats......maybe blue for cadets and black for officers ? :wink:

really good video , thanks for the link . here's the details on the city sets

Link

Edited by ZCerberus
Those pictures are marked confidential. Links only on confidential images!

I looked through the holiday 2013 lego catalogue and noticed they're advertising the 2010 trains, would they be doing that trying to clear out stock so they can bring in new trains this summer?

Let the rumours and disscusion begin.

Any fire truck builders notice the grey ladder piece on the police station?

Nice catch! It also looks like the auto-transport truck uses the regular grey ladders as the supports for the cars (seen in the video people have been linking to).

I might get a set or two of the new police sets for the CMF police officers cap. I am more of a building MOCer, so I don't need the vehicles. Fortunately the crooks do have a couple of hideouts.

Another thing I noticed is that both cars with the car hauler are recoloured versions of the burgundy car that came with this years flatbed.

Anyone else notice that in the prelims the jetski SUV is dark red but in the instructions-scene-picture its black? I suspect the instructions-scene-picture is likely to be correct (i.e. black rather than dark red)

Anyone else notice that in the prelims the jetski SUV is dark red but in the instructions-scene-picture its black? I suspect the instructions-scene-picture is likely to be correct (i.e. black rather than dark red)

Sadly yes, I'd say the instructions one would be final.

Which is sad because the dark red looks really nice.

I don't care for the new prisoner transport at all (60043) - it looks blockier and less realistic than the previous prisoner transport (which had doors!) But 60041 and 60042 are great "army building" sets to get fleets of police cars and motorcycles. Lego sets have always had a bias toward police "special vehicles" and too few normal squad cars, so it's nice to see the latter.

The 60042 police car is basically an exact duplicate of the 2012 Forest Police Patrol Car.

The airport fire truck is INCREDIBLY SEXY. Want.

Edited by polarscribe

Sadly yes, I'd say the instructions one would be final.

Which is sad because the dark red looks really nice.

I would say the other way round, the one featured in the box art would be the 4x4 we should be getting.....but I could be wrong.....I too hope not ! :wink:

Based on the videos, I find most of the 2014 City sets interesting... The log hauler and light repair 4WD are already on my list, but I have to wait for the high-resolution pics for the other sets; because sometimes the images do not bring justice to the sets!

It's great to see a number of parts in colours that they have not been produced in before, the Dirt Bike fairing in Black and the frame in Flat Silver or Light Bluish Grey as well as the train cab windscreen part ref 6567 in White.

After looking at these pics, I think I'll settle for the Car Transporter and the Crash Truck. The transporter will be great for my layout and you just have to love a large Crash Truck!! :classic:

The police outfits seem to have been inspired by US-coppers kits (you know, the ones we see in countless movies and TV-series). I don't dislike them, but they don't really go with the more traditional (black) outfits my other policemen have... I'm happy the starter set form this year had a olice motor with that traditional outfit. However, I think I'll get one or two of the new policebike sets next year (will wait until "Kruidvat" (dutch chain of pharmacies) has them for 5 euro, as they always do a month or two after the official launch), as well as 60048.

I looked through the holiday 2013 lego catalogue and noticed they're advertising the 2010 trains, would they be doing that trying to clear out stock so they can bring in new trains this summer?

I just noticed Lego doing this at the stores, hopefully, we'll get some photos around christmas! However, I think there is a topic on this already, so you should probably steer your comments over there.

Also, the person posted these on YouTube- preliminary pictures of the 2014 Great Vehicle sets. :classic:

After watching that (thanks by the way) I'm of the mind that the Logging Truck is the prettiest set and first on my buy list. Brilliant to see a new wheel for the cars too (on the Car Carrier and 4x4 sets). Same size as the overused balloon tire but far more appropriate. Very nice. I was just saying an a post the day before yesterday we could do with a new wheel.

Finally red 1x2 masonry pattern bricks in 60046 set! No more tan and grey only.

Now if only they would bring back sand red. But I'm very glass it started getting more colors, best new piece since the cheese slope.

After viewing the video I must say with the clear images they look great! All the city vehicles look really good and I like them. However looking at the build of the car transporter I'm wondering what is to stop the top decks from sliding down or not staying in place?

As for the police series I noticed they haven't done much variety from the usual (I know most have complained of such but until seeing the cleaner images I couldn't tell). The police helicopter is still my favourite. The only set I am disappointed with is the Lego Police HQ truck. It seems like a lesser version of 7288. I find the design to be quite poor at least from these initial images. The new CMF hats I thought are a nice touch. (Definitely more in line with what we would stereotypically look for in cops and I'm sure kids will like them too)

The 60042 police car is basically an exact duplicate of the 2012 Forest Police Patrol Car.

I noticed as well the same design issue about the one police truck. It is identical to the Forest Police one. Not sure why they went with that. Since these are preliminary images perhaps they will fix the designs? (I know the designers are usually thorough...so it is a bit strange that there would be issues.) I am wondering what the price point will be for the new police station. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot to that set other than windows and jail cells. Makes me wonder who is designing these sets? More over if we will once again pay a high price point for very little. (In Canada some of the sets like 60012 Coast Guard are over priced at $24.99 when it really should be closer to $15!)

In the end guess we will have more police mini-figures to use for riot squads. :laugh:

Edited by Wodanis

After viewing the video I must say with the clear images they look great!

(In Canada some of the sets like 60012 Coast Guard are over priced at $24.99 when it really should be closer to $15!)

Agreed! :classic:

Oh my gosh... 60042 has the first female crook in LEGO City! Jolly good, I say!

That prison van in 60043 is refreshingly unique. The vehicles and building in 60048 are also very nice and unique. Same goes for 60046. My, the LEGO Group certainly isn't letting another police wave stop them from finding new ways to innovate. The only set I find fairly mundane is 60044, but I like how those multiple screens are arranged.

I wonder if the jail layout in 60047 is inspired by the LEGO City animations created by M2Film.

The slide show makes pics look a lot clearer. Jury is out on the Police officers caps for me though! And what's the guy coming out the barrel in 60046 meant to be? He has something in his hand and is wearing earmuffs!

it looks like he is holding a camera. To be honest, while I am not really into police sets, they look pretty good. The prisoner transport would make a great armored car, just replace the bars with bricks, looks just like the ones I see all the time transferring money. The police station looks more like a prison to me with the guard tower and catwalk. Sal WFB, WI