peter_m

41999 from shop.lego.com - problems, concerns, questions, answers

My orders from this morning all just moved from backordered to in process. I don't think it is correct to tell folks they cannot order online when they still have plenty of stock to go around.

I agree with doriansdad on this one. Until they stop taking orders from S@H with the out of stock or sold out tag on the product page, I would go ahead and place an order and see what happens. I mean what's the worst that can happen? You would be missing out on an awesome product because you believe in what somebody else said.

Edited by FuzzyBallz

I agree with doriansdad on this one. Until they stop taking orders from S@H with the out of stock or sold out tag on the product page, I would go ahead and place an order and see what happens. I mean what's the worst that can happen? You would be missing out on an awesome product because you believe in what somebody else said.

Exactly! The worst that could happen is they don't fulfill your order. Your credit card doesn't get charged until they ship. I would try to get one now at this price (even if it takes 3 to 6 more weeks to ship) because this is the lowest it is ever going to be. If you really want one, I wouldn't go the evilbay/BL and get shafted up the big behind just yet.

Fairview Mall in Toronto.

Any idea if Sherway has any? And does the discovery centre actually sell sets at all?

While chatting with the cashier, he told me someone had bought four (4) 41999's just two hours before I showed up to pick mine up. I'm sorry, but someone forking out $1,120 (est.) to turn a profit and rob everyone else of the chance to have this set is just plain wrong.

And while I cannot verify if the cashier was 100% telling the truth, I still believe someone is capable enough of such a thing, given the mass mania surrounding 41999.

But hey, those are the ropes I guess...

While I agree with you to an extent and hate seeing people who hoard as many sets as they can for pure resell intentions we have no idea why this person was buying 4 sets.

I have two kids who both want the same sets a lot of times should I not be able to purchase two 41999 sets so that each of my kids can have one? What if I wanted to use the blue parts for mocs buying multiple sets is really the only way to go about it. This guy could have been buying 2 for himself and 2 for his friend or maybe he had 3 friends that had to work. I agree it sucks when people go out and clear shelves to profit from it and others can't get a set to enjoy and honestly this is probably what this customer was doing if I had to guess but there are some people who buy multiple sets for good reasons. While I would have understood if I could only buy one I also like to have the option to get one for each of my kids or one for me and one for my kids to share.

The Support lady stated so - I believe some of the orders are being cancelled because the credit cards cannot be charged, or the limits are exceeded.

"Manually" was also a word that she used.

.SE?

I did also hear the manually word from CS.

As I have recently been in the lego store in Germany I had a chit chat with one of the employees. He told me, that when special sets (like the limited ones) are relaesed, nearly every customer buy 2 of them. One for buiding, one for value.

Thats not fair - but I am afraid, thats the market situation.

I am sure that the set has not been sold out and everyone bying one, will get it later. When it is sold out it will be even worse with the price. I assume that there are more than 20 000 Lego fans who want this set - especially after that hype.

Edited by dragofoscar

Any idea if Sherway has any? And does the discovery centre actually sell sets at all?

I haven't checked Sherway at all tbh... and no, they don't sell sets at the Discovery centre, though it would be really cool if they did :grin: - maybe call Fairview Mall in Toronto and see if the last remaining 41999 is still there? Highly unlikely, but it's worth a try...

While I agree with you to an extent and hate seeing people who hoard as many sets as they can for pure resell intentions we have no idea why this person was buying 4 sets.

I have two kids who both want the same sets a lot of times should I not be able to purchase two 41999 sets so that each of my kids can have one? What if I wanted to use the blue parts for mocs buying multiple sets is really the only way to go about it. This guy could have been buying 2 for himself and 2 for his friend or maybe he had 3 friends that had to work. I agree it sucks when people go out and clear shelves to profit from it and others can't get a set to enjoy and honestly this is probably what this customer was doing if I had to guess but there are some people who buy multiple sets for good reasons. While I would have understood if I could only buy one I also like to have the option to get one for each of my kids or one for me and one for my kids to share.

Good point(s). And I'm not a parent, but I'm sure I'd feel the same way as you - arguably also the reason why TLG didn't implement any 1/1 set limit (and because, either way, they still get the money, doesn't matter whose it is).

Edited by octavspot

[Funny thing is that shop.lego.com is down. Too many FOLs refreshing their order status pages? :D]

Ok what does it mean when it says out of stock, expected ship date 17, aug, 2013??????? I am so confused!!

You're probably in the second batch category - meaning you have one reserved but won't ship until the given date. They're processing those orders that cane before yours, or not needing a first order validation. Did you put in your order at S@H when it was "out of stock, will ship on x date"?

I ordered mine while it was still showing "now in stock", and yet I still got the backorder email. Now it looks like I'm stuck in the "In Processing" stage. I'm still waiting for "Shipping" and I'm thinking I won't get it shipped this week, being Friday and all.

I put mine in when it said out of stock. So does that mean I have to wait until August 17th, and then they will ship it to me? There fore meaning I will probably get it in mid September?

Edited by legotechnicblue

I am really interested in knowing how many were actually sold so far between online and in the Lego stores.

Hi

i am sure - and hoping that too - that shipping 20000 sets 'extra' and within 1-2-3 days is too much for Legos logistics. Keep in mind their logistics should run close to 100% to be eficient. So 20000 sets are an extra that might be too much. So why not splitting that region per region in two or more batches?

As long someone ordered "out of stock but we deliver this at X" i am pretty sure those person will get the set.

Dino

wanna know what happened to me?

without a reason i got my order deleted -.-

i called the customers service and then they reactivated it for the 22 of august....i hope i will get my two sets otherwise im gonna argue the hell out of lego so much that they will start again the production :laugh:

I am really interested in knowing how many were actually sold so far between online and in the Lego stores.

Hmm lets see about 300 technic fans, 2000 resellers...I'd say about half have been sold so far.

:laugh: :laugh: That's why this is a limited edition, it took a lot of effort to get them from the future :tongue:

Reckon, those Deloreans don't look like they have too much cargo space.