Legonardo

Sailing to Nocturnus

9347929154_6b090cb00c_c.jpg

1374622519m_DISPLAY.jpg

Built for CBS2013, had a mean time, this won first place for moc with least number of studs showing (just the ship, since it came out it was counted separately)

photos not mine

and just for fun, my build + me smashing some other ones too...

Edited by Legonardo

why would one smash LEGO :s I'm a bit puzzled. Nice MOC though!

The water and the cliff looks very cool. And the ship is not bad either :)

But why, O why did you smash those MOCs? :cry_sad:

Looks like you completed the ship? The water is tremendous, looks very stormy :thumbup: Weren't you worried about losing pieces when you smashed these :look:

I do not post here very often, but I couldnt let it pass.

The MOC is great, but I dont think its funny smashing some legos in the ground. I mean, why damage bricks like that? Especially when there is a lot of people that would apreciate to have that legos you are destroying. Lego is not cheap ( and you would be shocked if you find how much they cost here). Please do not encourage people to do that :(

Anyway, its your bricks, you can do whatever you want whit them. Just my 2 cents.

Best regards.

LEGONARDO SMASH! :laugh: Awesome display! Love the stormy feel! :classic::thumbup:

Great job on the ship and especially the sea. They both look fantastic.

...and I think such an epic build deserved an epic finale so I support your decision to smash them up.

Wonderful ship, but I think the water is what really stands out! At least on my screen it is a bit hard to see, are the waves white or light Bley?

thanks guys, as for the drop, 1 2x4 plate and 2 1x1 studs suffered damage, I don't think the studs where damaged by the fall but stepping on them. nothing was lost, I had atleast 10-15 people help pick up afterwards

The use of the grey bricks is fantastic! I really like the effect the have!

You sure will be missed in our beloved Avalonia! Take care in Nocturnus and return with glory my friend!

Awesome MOC man! I was most impressed by the use of bley instead of the more typical white, it gives a darker and more "stormy" look. It was awesome to hang out with you on the weekend :)

And as for smashing MOCs - it's actually very satisfying. I find that some builders have a bit of an attachment to their work and prefer not to take them down, especially in such a violent way. But it is a great feeling to destroy your own work, and having it shattered makes it easier to sort afterwards :P

Also, from my experience, only large baseplates can get chipped - Lego is pretty hardy otherwise.

Ok, maybe I just overreacted. But I'm still having nightmares about this video! :look::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I probably am too attached to my bricks... hahaha

Wow, this ship is completely stunning LD!! The backside of the ship is so beautifull!

And also amazing job on the landscape! :classic: