Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Didn`t see that , but I am glad its a USC because I was hoping for a minifigure scale one. At least my wallet won`t be lighter.

I'm not sure if they're going to make this a UCS set given the rumored 7XXXX numbering. It may just be a very large system set like the Ewok village.

TC-4 is gorgeous. As others have said, I do hope we get leg printing on Threepio.

From the way seems to be going, we'll likely see leg printing on the next Threepio we get.

Also, I'm really excited to see the new Rebels sets. They seem to be retaining the MacQuarrie feel with ethe show, so while they aren't OT sets, they'll likely appeal to the majority of OT fans. I'm also interested to see how the make the Inqusitors' (that new villain in the show) lightsaber. It's a cool design, and may require a special mold. Overall, that fig will be awesome.

Also, do people think, since the show has a more animated look, that perhaps we may get altered Stormie prints? Perhaps even a completely new helmet, much like what they've done with the Snowies and Ep 3 clones? Sure, a new mold might look strange, but it would be cool if the helmet could turn around like most current helmets these days.

Also, I'm a little disappointed with the Star Destroyer fig line up. It was a perfect chance for an updated Vader with new seperatable mask/helmet/breathing collar combination.

Overall, the summer feels like more of a service to the fans of the OT, as a last big revamp of some beloved scenes, before LEGO dives head first into Ep 7 and the upcoming stand alone films. They've obviously focused more on the sets than making exclusive figs, which is nice.

On my local toy store website here in the uk, it has all the winter 2014 wave sets, due to come out on the 18th of January. Yet when I ask about any 'the lego movie' merchandise, I am told that it will not come out untill february, apparently it's the opposite in America.

TC-4 looks like a good May the 4th exclusive! :wink:

I was thinking about this as well, it could possibly be a 15th annervesary promo item but it's unlikely.

From the way seems to be going, we'll likely see leg printing on the next Threepio we get.

Also, I'm really excited to see the new Rebels sets. They seem to be retaining the MacQuarrie feel with ethe show, so while they aren't OT sets, they'll likely appeal to the majority of OT fans. I'm also interested to see how the make the Inqusitors' (that new villain in the show) lightsaber. It's a cool design, and may require a special mold. Overall, that fig will be awesome.

Also, do people think, since the show has a more animated look, that perhaps we may get altered Stormie prints? Perhaps even a completely new helmet, much like what they've done with the Snowies and Ep 3 clones? Sure, a new mold might look strange, but it would be cool if the helmet could turn around like most current helmets these days.

I'm looking forward to the Rebels, much more so than TCW (and I was pretty excited about that too). I would assume a new mould, I can't think of piece combos that would work. And I agree, I would be nice to have stormiest helmets that could turn.

Somebody said something about LEGO never including that bar in the Cantina?

Well, Kiddiwinks, has set descs for a few of the sets, and the Mos Eisley Cantina one says this:

Enter the Mos Eisley Cantina™ including droid scanner, bar, slide-out floors, opening roof, plus a Landspeeder, dewback and 8 minifigures.

:grin:

-Sci

Han, Luke, Sandtrooper, Greedo, 3 band members and....?

That description sounds like there's a lot of this set that had been missed of the side of the leaked shot!

...and reading the full description it seems Ben is there if that is anything to go by!

Edited by Robianco

do not count on 3 band members... i believe 2 of them. there is never more than two of the same in one set.. obi wan is also mentioned and dewback (wampa,rancor were also listed as minifigs)

do not count on 3 band members... i believe 2 of them. there is never more than two of the same in one set.. obi wan is also mentioned and dewback (wampa,rancor were also listed as minifigs)

The rule of two only applies to Sith, Lego has made lots of sets containing more than two of the same figs :wink:

Looking at the other set descriptions, it sounds like the snowspeeder will come with another Luke and Dak. Would have been nice to get an updated Wedge.

Nothing on who we can expect with the B-Wing outside of the pilot. I'm hoping we at least get Lando, Nien Numb and General Leia.

The rule of two only applies to Sith, Lego has made lots of sets containing more than two of the same figs :wink:

Well, droids excepted, not very recently, donbarca has a point. Besides, on that prelim pic, there are two Squidwards, and two "unknown" figs are listed, so I guess it's safe to assume two of the band members. Ponda Baba would require Obi-Wan to be present as well, which is not consistent with 8 figs count. My guess would be: Luke, Han, Greedo, Sandtrooper, 3PO, R2 and two Biths.

EDIT: I just saw the expanded description where Obi-Wan is mentioned, so my wrong! Ponda Baba is almost a given if there's Obi-Wan around. And he is the only one that actually resembles Squidward mold-wise. If there is a bar, I believe there is a good chance we get the barman as well.

Edited by Spyderlord

Well, droids excepted, not very recently, donbarca has a point. Besides, on that prelim pic, there are two Squidwards, and two "unknown" figs are listed, so I guess it's safe to assume two of the band members. Ponda Baba would require Obi-Wan to be present as well, which is not consistent with 8 figs count. My guess would be: Luke, Han, Greedo, Sandtrooper, 3PO, R2 and two Biths.

Obi-Wan is mentioned in the set description though:

Welcome to the noisy and dangerous Mos Eisley Cantina™ on the desert world of Tatooine! Park the landspeeder and enter, staying clear of the giant dewback drinking from the trough outside. Make sure Luke, Han and Obi-Wan have their weapons with them as th Recreate iconic Star Wars scenes at Mos Eisley Cantina™!

Obi-Wan is mentioned in the set description though:

Welcome to the noisy and dangerous Mos Eisley Cantina™ on the desert world of Tatooine! Park the landspeeder and enter, staying clear of the giant dewback drinking from the trough outside. Make sure Luke, Han and Obi-Wan have their weapons with them as th Recreate iconic Star Wars scenes at Mos Eisley Cantina™!

Yes, I was editing my previous message while you were writing these lines :blush:

Looks like zeb is a character from rebels since he's listed in the ghost description

Another is Ezra Bridget and the phantoms not the tie phantom as it says fight against the imperial forces in its description

Edited by legos486

Also, I'm a little disappointed with the Star Destroyer fig line up. It was a perfect chance for an updated Vader with new seperatable mask/helmet/breathing collar combination.

I think, if you look closely on the right of that picture, you see a black figure with a sort of double helmet :-)

wont the dewback be counted as a mini fig as well????

the rancor and wampa is/was

also in the lotr/hobbit set cave troll and goblin king is mini figs

wont the dewback be counted as a mini fig as well????

the rancor and wampa is/was

also in the lotr/hobbit set cave troll and goblin king is mini figs

The description says includes land speeder, dewback, and 8 minifigures. So no.

Edited by Darth Punk

I think the figures will be Luke, Obi-Wan, Han, Sandtrooper, Greedo, 2 Biths, and then the last spot will probably go to Ponda Baba. This is sounding like an even better set already!

The question is I suppose do I sell my original cantina and rare Greedo for what will undoubtedly be a great looking new Dewback. My £30 a month wife set investment ceiling is starting to get me down..!