Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

I didn't know months went up to 18 :look:.

its not the month but the day :tongue:. americans write dates like this: month / day / year

can be quite confusing if the numbers are both under 13, but not in this case :wink:

I was joking, however isn't the film being filmed in England?

Yes, but it's being made by Disney, which is an American company.

I was joking, however isn't the film being filmed in England?

Yes, but it's being made by Disney, which is an American company.

And did you also not know that North America is the capital of the Internet...

:laugh::tongue:

Just spoke with the manager at the Lego store, he can confirm that there will be a SLAVE 1. Their interal registry assigned the name to the set number

Just spoke with the manager at the Lego store, he can confirm that there will be a SLAVE 1. Their interal registry assigned the name to the set number

UCS I assume? Wouldn't mind a regular sized one (maybe even a redesign of Jango's version) but I've heard people say a UCS one is rumored so that's what I'm guessing here.

I'm guessing that the Slave I will be the VIP early release set in August.

Is this always August? Because there's also a Tumbler in the works for the Super Heroes line.

Looking forward to getting more info. By the way, when do the fall/winter catalogs generally come out? I've got the Summer one sitting here in front of me, but am curious about when the next season's catalogs comes out. I just got back into Lego again this past February thanks to The Simpsons' House, and am now a full fledged Star Wars Junkie. Heh.

Crossing my fingers that the UCS Slave I will be minifigure-scaled, ala 10212 and 10179. :grin:

Considering the Slave I is only slightly smaller than the Falcon, I'd hope the scale changes considerably. If they keep using that same canopy piece that they used in 7153, 6209 and 8097, it won't be a UCS.

There's little reason to buy it if it's similarly scaled to the others.

Edited by burstaneurysm

It seems that the Falcon and Jedi hunters are part of Episode VII. Slave I means that Boba Fett will appear too...

Great...

Huh? I've not heard anything about Slave I appearing in the new flick... Falcon, yes. Jedi hunters, yes.

Boba, on the other hand, it appears will be getting his own stand-alone movie in 2016, so you can bet Slave I will show up for that.

It seems that the Falcon and Jedi hunters are part of Episode VII. Slave I means that Boba Fett will appear too...

Great...

I don't think that Lego making a Slave I means Boba will be in the movie.

I don't think that Lego making a Slave I means Boba will be in the movie.

My own preference is for Boba to have survived the Sarlacc… but then basically gone on his way hunting bounties for another decade or two, maybe, if not just retiring outright to the Tropical Beach planet on all his earnings from his long career as top-bounty-hunter. Not kicking around nursing a grudge against Han for decades, not popping up again as Leader of Mandalore to help train Han & Leia's daughter to defeat her brother in combat, nothing of that sort.

I hadn't heard of the Jedi Hunters before… reading the rumors, it doesn't fill me with much excitement for VII. :hmpf_bad:

Jedi hunters are supposed to be mando's according to latino review.

Don't think they'll release two slave 1's 13 months apart. It would make little sense when apparently in 2016 Fett is the first stand alone film. Apparently hasbro let that one slip.

If one is a UCS Boba Slave I from Empire and the later one is a System scale from when Boba first lost his dad or so, it could work.

I mean we have had a UCS and System X-Wing simultaneously for the past year.

Edited by rollermonkey

8097 is still a pretty good as Slave 1. The UCS one could be closer to minifig scale and be a bit of a beast in size with a few nice figs thrown in although it wouldn't surprise me to just have a token Fett thrown in and them not worry about fitting the fig in the cockpit.

I'm not someone who is particularly keen on getting Jango's Slave 1 but I'd say that would be the ideal system scale to 'accompany' it if they were to do that.

Just so we are clear is it usual for lego to release to Star Wars UCS sets per year? That been said considering last years Ewok Village, and this years Sandcrawler I was hoping for a UCS Slave 1 that also had a collection of exclusive minifigures. In particular the dream would be to get all the bounty hunters from Empire in the one set and considering the SSD recently retired is that a possibility?! One can hope I suppose haha!

I'm still a little skeptical of how a UCS Slave 1 will work out? The two big fears are The Canopy as stated above. And the Complex curves of the ship. Something that Lego does not do real well. (By complex curves I don't simply mean that it has a lot of curves. Complex curves refers to the fact that the curves it has have 2 or more different arcs or radius in different directions at the same point. Think an American Football or Rugby Ball if you will.) The problem is Lego has a fairly limited selection of Radius parts to work with. Maybe something interesting can be done with the new 1x2 curved slopes? We shall see how it comes out.

Also I always thought Slave 1 is roughly 1/2 the size of the Falcon in all dimensions. So roughly 1/4 the overall size of the MF. (At least that is how it always looked to my eye looking at the Fine Molds 1/72 scale models of each.)

I personally would prefer UCS Cloud City or a remake of the Battle of Endor with a UCS quality AT-ST then another Slave 1 model...

I personally would prefer UCS Cloud City or a remake of the Battle of Endor with a UCS quality AT-ST then another Slave 1 model...

I think they're sets for the future... Cloud City is a set that has also been rumoured but may be in the next year or so.

I'm not so sure we'd get another UCS Endor set so soon after the Ewok Village... although they did put out a B-Wing right next to an X-Wing so you never know.

A UCS AT-AT would dwarf the Ewok Village though... The system scale versions that have appeared already (despite the faults of each version) work better with the village set.

Edited by Robianco

I'm still a little skeptical of how a UCS Slave 1 will work out? The two big fears are The Canopy as stated above. And the Complex curves of the ship. Something that Lego does not do real well.

Agreed, I have never seen a MOC that comes close to getting the shape right (no offense to MOC builders, I think it is basically impossible with the available parts)

Agreed, I have never seen a MOC that comes close to getting the shape right (no offense to MOC builders, I think it is basically impossible with the available parts)

Then we live in hope that they've pulled something out of the bag! :)