Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Isn't it that SAH only delivers within a country the LEGO store you ordered from is located?

I don't think so. But why don't you try it now? :wink:

Looks like TLG has spoilered itself again. In a new uploaded YouTube video (http://youtu.be/JJh7weP_n88?t=20s) you can see a new MTT.

I saved a screenshot for you ;-)

if it comes with a new gungan warrior variant and Boss Nass that would be perfect. I honestly feel like a couple of sets for the Theed battle is welcome. Hopefully we get at least one other set to go with this.

Maybe it will be the Walmart or Toys R Us exclusive?

Kinda big I imagine but I hope so, winter waves usually run up to $60 dollars max on a set and the MTT definitely does not fit $60 dollars range.

Star Wars Lego is heading towards Rebels, OT sets and next year probably Ep7 material. I watched all of Clone Wars on Netflix and it has really surprised me in it's execution, quality and narratives. Sad to see it end but Dave Filoni and the much of the creative talent behind Clone Wars are working on Rebels.

Thank you Mahtion. Same here, I love watching it, now on Season 5. I am prolonging the watching experience because I dont know what else to watch after this :)

It looks very nice, it would make a nice addition to my droid army (I only have two standard tan battle droids, but a few orange) and could be a way to bring in new droid moulds.

Hopefully it has a reasonable price for its size/piece count

Looks like TLG has spoilered itself again. In a new uploaded YouTube video (http://youtu.be/JJh7weP_n88?t=20s) you can see a new MTT.

I saved a screenshot for you ;-)

It would be neat, but I think we have about 2 years before we would see a new MTT released. At least as a large full featured set similar to the previous. Just the normal goals of shelf differentiation should have them putting some space between it and the new Sandcrawler. Plus the pic looks a little too smooth. It's probably just a digital mock up for the Yoda Chronicles. We don't seem to get everything seen in the shows as a set. (Although I will admit that weird Jedi School Bus us growing on me. So please make it Lego!)

Isn't it that SAH only delivers within a country the LEGO store you ordered from is located?

I think each S@H website covers a region, not always just a single country...

The new MTT looks pretty cool. A little smaller but still better proportioned. Hopefully its real.

if it comes with a new gungan warrior variant and Boss Nass that would be perfect. I honestly feel like a couple of sets for the Theed battle is welcome. Hopefully we get at least one other set to go with this.

Boss Nass is long overdue. I kind of hope for Captain Tarpals though over a new Gungan Warrior.

Looks a little smaller than the 2007 version, hopefully it will come in at the £90 price point...

Usually TLG release movie sets in pairs or multiples, so I expect we'll see another EP 1 set or two. An AAT would certainly be welcome, along with a Flash Speeder.

Those would both be great. Lego nailed the design of the AAT with the Clone Wars version but it would be good to get it in the classic tan colour.

Episode 1 doesn't get as much love ad it probably should set wise. Podracers, naboo starfighters and sith infiltrator aside we dont get much else. I'd like to see more from lego, perhaps gungan battle packs.

Episode 1 doesn't get as much love ad it probably should set wise. Podracers, naboo starfighters and sith infiltrator aside we dont get much else. I'd like to see more from lego, perhaps gungan battle packs.

LEGO has covered nearly every possible vehicle in EpI, and multiple times at that. The Royal Starship is probably too weird and chrome-y to do. The only things that haven't been done, and seem like they could be, are a few different Flash speeder designs or at least an update, and a Droid Control Ship playset-style. They basically made a Gungan BP with the newer $25 Droid Carrier set.

The MTT seems about due for a rerelease since it's been 7 years. It also makes sense since it sort of ties into the Clone Wars, which will still be lingering in children's minds. I wouldn't expect much else from EpI though, what with a rumored shifting focus towards OT material (plus all new things from Rebels and Ep7).

Personally I'd love to see more different Podracers in the style of the newer set (which was so awesome), but this isn't the wishlist thread and I know more pods would've been a pipe dream even if more films weren't being made. Unless of course JJ Abrams throws in some Podracing, in which case, who knows.

Apart from the original 1999 release we have had MTT, sith infiltrator some podracers. The consular ship was made around 2007. My point wss that most of the sets that come out from that movie tend to be of a certain group. More variety on the pods would be good, perhaps a bonta eve set that has a better pit area even include Jabba...

Thank you Mahtion. Same here, I love watching it, now on Season 5. I am prolonging the watching experience because I dont know what else to watch after this :)

I have been watching Bob's Burgers to fill in the void of Star Wars shows.

Yes you are totally correct! It's nice to see that Lego was looking at relatively obscure EU starships for inspiration. I was just saying that because the build isn't stable and most reviews have been below average or mediocre.

Do you see Lego's inspiration for the Jedi Scout ship? ;)

Honestly I can't recall anything similar in the SW Universe... I think it is a new design exclusive for the yoda chronicles series, right? May be from some previous unused concept art, like the ghost?

Well, it's semi-official, again. TCW, the six movies and Rebels are canon, everything else isn't... Sort of. They may use things they like from EU, such as Seinar Fleet Systems, the Executor and the Imperial Security Bureau which will all factor into Rebels, but until EU stuff is reused into future movie or Rebels, it's off the table.

This will clearly effect future LEGO lines, as we probably won't get any more EU sets or figures unless they pop up in future plot elements.

From today's Variety:

Lucasfilm and Disney have given “Star Wars” fans official insight into where they plan to take the sci-fi saga.

While George Lucas had built a world around “Star Wars” through movies, TV shows, comic books, novels, videogames and other forms of entertainment, storylines were developed by separate teams creating what’s been called an “Expanded Universe” that veered away from what was seen on screen by audiences.

As a result of the plethora of “Star Wars”-related characters, creatures, spaceships and worlds created for those properties, Lucasfilm has formed a new story group to oversee all “Stars Wars” creative development, according to Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm, that will connect all aspects of storytelling moving forward.

On screen, the first new canon to appear will be the animated series “Star Wars Rebels” (see a clip presented at WonderCon below), followed by the J.J. Abrams-directed “Star Wars: Episode VII,” out Dec. 18, 2015.

In print, the first new books to come from the group include novels from Del Rey Books, such as the John Jackson Miller-penned “Star Wars: A New Dawn,” set before the events of “Star Wars Rebels” and offers insight into the backstories of key characters Kanan Jarrus and Hera Syndulla, with input directly from executive producers Dave Filoni, Simon Kinberg, and Greg Weisman.

“A New Dawn” will be published in hardcover and as an eBook on Sept. 2, followed by “Star Wars: Tarkin,” by James Luceno, on Nov. 4; “Star Wars: Heir to the Jedi,” in January, by author Kevin Hearne; and “Star Wars: Lords of the Sith,” by Paul Kemp, in March.

Lucas may have enabled other people to play in the world of the “Star Wars” Expanded Universe, but “he set the films he created as the canon,” Lucasfilm posted on the StarWars.com site Friday. “This includes the six ‘Star Wars’ episodes, and the many hours of content he developed and produced in ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars.’ These stories are the immovable objects of ‘Star Wars’ history, the characters and events to which all other tales must align.”

“We have an unprecedented slate of new ‘Star Wars’ entertainment on the horizon,” Kennedy said in a statement. “We’re set to bring ‘Star Wars’ back to the big screen, and continue the adventure through games, books, comics, and new formats that are just emerging. This future of interconnected storytelling will allow fans to explore this galaxy in deeper ways than ever before.”

That includes the launch of a new “Star Wars: Legends” banner that will keep tales from the Expanded Universe in print.

And Lucasfilm added that elements from the Expanded Universe, like the Inquisitor, the Imperial Security Bureau, and Sienar Fleet Systems created in role-playing games of the 1980s, are story elements in “Star Wars Rebels.”

I'm looking forward to where this could take LEGO Star Wars. Sure, while many stories and characters are being thrown to the wayside, the fact that Disney will officially be behind every piece of the Star Wars universe to be released from here on out means that everything has the potential to be included in the license.

Basically, what I'm hoping for is that LEGO makes a separate series of sets based on future books. Seeing as how the upcoming books will be absolute canon, LEGO could maybe pull ideas from those stories and perhaps give us a set or two based off of one book. Along with the new trilogy (which likely will take away any work on future PT and OT sets), and Rebels (which will replace the efforts that were put into Clone Wars), there is still some space for a few sets each year to be based on other things. Some of this could be based on the spin-off films, and some could be based on books/comics/video games. Its just some theorizing.

Sorry to kinda start off topic, but there isn't really a thread to discuss this new development in. Perhaps a 'Future of the Star Wars Theme' thread should be started so people can discuss where they think LEGO and Lucasfilm could take this license.

Sorry to kinda start off topic, but there isn't really a thread to discuss this new development in. Perhaps a 'Future of the Star Wars Theme' thread should be started so people can discuss where they think LEGO and Lucasfilm could take this license.

I don't see why that would be necessary. We already have Future Star Wars Sets for the purpose of discussing sets you think we might see in the future, and we have the Disney buys out Lucasfilm topic for discussion on the impact of Disney's takeover. The subjects of both already cover the future of the license; there's no need for another topic about what you think will happen to LEGO Star Wars in the future.

LEGO has covered nearly every possible vehicle in EpI, and multiple times at that. The Royal Starship is probably too weird and chrome-y to do. The only things that haven't been done, and seem like they could be, are a few different Flash speeder designs or at least an update, and a Droid Control Ship playset-style. They basically made a Gungan BP with the newer $25 Droid Carrier set.

The MTT seems about due for a rerelease since it's been 7 years. It also makes sense since it sort of ties into the Clone Wars, which will still be lingering in children's minds. I wouldn't expect much else from EpI though, what with a rumored shifting focus towards OT material (plus all new things from Rebels and Ep7).

Personally I'd love to see more different Podracers in the style of the newer set (which was so awesome), but this isn't the wishlist thread and I know more pods would've been a pipe dream even if more films weren't being made. Unless of course JJ Abrams throws in some Podracing, in which case, who knows.

We still need a Theed Palace though.

If that screengrab of the MTT is a hint at one being released ill be extremely happy! I missed the second one and kept missing good deals on ebay... please let it be coming out!!

Well, it's semi-official, again. TCW, the six movies and Rebels are canon, everything else isn't... Sort of. They may use things they like from EU, such as Seinar Fleet Systems, the Executor and the Imperial Security Bureau which will all factor into Rebels, but until EU stuff is reused into future movie or Rebels, it's off the table.

This will clearly effect future LEGO lines, as we probably won't get any more EU sets or figures unless they pop up in future plot elements.

It probably will have zero impact on Lego sets. Lego has never made a straight up EU set just for the sake of making one. What few EU things they do are almost always part of an overall marketing push by Lucasfilms to support some new product. Almost always something very densely graphical in nature, such as video games. They have never made a set based solely on the books or comics. They have all been multimedia tie ins with Lucasfilms, from games (Shadows of the Empire, Dark Forces, SWTOR, Force Uleashed, etc) or from Lego's own SW multimedia projects (Yoda Chronicles which were never exactly EU, and are still in production for Disney XD now.) Whenever Disney/Lucas needs another marketing push, now in partnership with EA, we may see a game based Lego set. (There's a new Star Wars Battlefront game under development from Battlefield creators Dice, which may yield some clones goodness.)

I thought Darth Revan was pure EU?

...and the point was that people pining for EU sets need to give up that dream now.

Edited by rollermonkey

I thought Darth Revan was pure EU?

...and the point was that people pining for EU sets need to give up that dream now.

Darth Revan is from the Bioware KotOR and SWTOR games. They are set thousands of years before SW, and are still a supported product with a live game. The TOR stuff is in a greyed area. It's more it's own thing not really touching SW or the EU.