Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Gotta be honest, I never understood how there could be 'balance in the force' if there was only two Sith and oodles of Jedi... That makes a lot more sense if the Sith were just a faction of the dark side.

For that matter, when they talked about Anakin bringing balance, when there were oodles of Jedi and ZERO known dark lords, that should have been pretty clearly a bad thing.

Maybe Yoda wasn't that wise after all.

;)

Anywho, I need to think about what I'm going to do to get up to $75 on SW stuff for May the 4th... I don't need the Sandcrawler that soon, and I have most everything else I want. Maybe the system-scale MF...

Ok so I apologise. My friend obviously knew I would come on forums and tell everyone what he said. I asked him directly will Darth Revan be the May 4th figure and he said no!!. The little git!

O well, I will let him off for telling me he had seen the sandcrawller months before the picture was found in the visual dictionary!!

Peace.

it's an interesting choice for May 4th and, to be honest, I don't think that it will be that popular. I was expecting a character that was more 'mainstream', and for it to be linked to the release of the new Sandcrawler...even a chrome R2 perhaps? Ah well, unless there's a really good deal on the Death Star or Ewok Village, I can't see myself buying much this year :hmpf_bad:

Might want to go read up on Wookieepedia before making vague statements ;) The various Empires of the Sith all happened before 1000 BBY, which is roughly when the Rule Of Two was established. From 1000 BBY right up to the prequels, the Rule Of Two is maintained. Here's a quick breakdown:

True Rule Of Two Sith Line in the prequel era:

DARTH PLAGUEIS

• Apprentice is Darth Sidious, who kills him and takes his place.

DARTH SIDIOUS

• 1st Apprentice is Darth Maul, who fails against Obi-Wan in Episode I and loses the position.
  • 2nd Apprentice is Darth Tyranus, who is more powerful than Maul, but is just a political tool eventually betrayed when convenient - Anakin kills him.
  • 3rd Apprentice is Darth Vader, the one Sidious wanted all along. His potential is stifled by Obi-wan on Mustafar, and as a weakened cyborg, he can thus only serve as Sidious' tool, not his successor.
  • 4th Apprentice would have been Luke Skywalker, the most powerful Force User on record when all is said and done, and Sidious' perfect apprentice - but Luke resists and Sidious perishes at the hand of Vader, and so the Rule of Two collapses.

FALSE "SITH" aka Dark-Siders

• Darth Maul: After he is bisected in Theed, he goes through exile and reappears in a weak cyborg state in the Clone Wars. Ultimately he is beaten into submission by Sidious after he grows too bold. Maul was never fully trained as a True Rule Of Two Sith since he cannot cast Force Lightning and is primarily a martial pawn.
  • Savage Opress: Maul's brother and apprentice, he is a false creation of Nightsister magic. Also reduced to a cyborg state over time, he is slain by Sidious. He never came close to true Sith power, despite working with Tyranus, Ventress, and Maul at various times.
  • Asajj Ventress: Tyranus' "apprentice," she's just another Dark-Side Force-using pawn with knowledge or ability of true Sith arts. Ultimately abandoned by Tyranus altogether and walks her own path.
  • General Grievous: Mostly a cyborg with basically no Force ability whatsoever, he merely is a commander and lightsaber wielder who Tyranus trains from time to time.
  • Other dark-side users pop up throughout the prequel-era canon, but none are actual Sith. Any Force user can fall to the dark side. The Sith are a specific, extremely reclusive sect. At least in the Rule of Two era. The Rule of One is another story, but with the new movies making all post ROTJ EU non canon (most likely), there is no Rule of One.

Nope. I say bullcrap. This is like crap reasoning Palpatine would give.

Ventress was sith enough. I feels like empty and desperate reasoning to try to make some of these characters not count. They're all Sith enough (except Grievous) and one sect of Sith being all like "yo! ur not extreme enough to be with this" is kind of stupid. It basically means there can be 1000 Sith and the top two are the only "true" ones which is bull. Looking at the history of the Sith it's clear that the name "Sith" would reach force users of many levels. This is like the Pope being all like "no, ur not Christians anymore only us top two Christians are Christians".

;p

I look at the "rule of two" as really a myth within the Star Wars universe. Especially in the EU where it's so clearly ignored.

Put it this way - There are only 2 Sith Lords. All the others are Dark Side users at the service of the Sith Lords. Many people mistake Dark Side users for Sith. It's not the same thing.

About the Revan promotional minifigure, I am totally getting it. Now just need to choose what to buy. Probably going for the Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser.

Old Count Dooku torso with flesh arms and black hands, Reddish brown Han hips with belt print, Black legs, Leia head, Dark Red hair and tan cape. Purple light sabre blade. Voila. Mara Jade Custom. Give her a blaster for good measure!

I'll be getting the May 4th Promo definitely... I know it has probably been mentioned and I apologise for asking but when will the summer wave be hitting? I take it I'll have to purchase current wave to get the figure or will the new wave be out beginning of May in time for this?

I think the summer wave will be arriving later unfortunately, so probably you will need to pick something from the current wave.

I hope there are some good deals to be had on the 4th, because what is currently available is not all that tempting at full price. Good thing Darth Revan is not that interesting to me.

I hope there are some good deals to be had on the 4th, because what is currently available is not all that tempting at full price.

Is it common for LEGO to reduce prices on Star Wars sets during the month of May (or at least during those three days specified for the promo)? If so, how much are we talking? Examples of past promotions/deals would be great. This is all new to me.

Is it common for LEGO to reduce prices on Star Wars sets during the month of May (or at least during those three days specified for the promo)? If so, how much are we talking? Examples of past promotions/deals would be great. This is all new to me.

Last year the UCS B-Wing was 50% off for May 4th. I doubt they'll have a discount that drastic again this year but you never know.

It depends on where do you live. In Europe the discounts are poor, you can expect 10-20% off.

With the new Sandcrawler coming out, I'd love to see an Beru Lars promo. It might be the only way we ever get her. I wish they'd gone with her for May the 4th instead of Darth Revan, but oh well. Any free minifigure is still better than no free minifigure, and there'll probably be some other promotion going at the same time (it never has been limited to just a free polybag, has it? They've always also had some other sale, giveaway, contest, etc., or some combination thereof...). And I do still need a bunch of items...

Ventress was sith enough. I feels like empty and desperate reasoning to try to make some of these characters not count. They're all Sith enough (except Grievous) and one sect of Sith being all like "yo! ur not extreme enough to be with this" is kind of stupid. It basically means there can be 1000 Sith and the top two are the only "true" ones which is bull. Looking at the history of the Sith it's clear that the name "Sith" would reach force users of many levels. This is like the Pope being all like "no, ur not Christians anymore only us top two Christians are Christians".

;p

I look at the "rule of two" as really a myth within the Star Wars universe. Especially in the EU where it's so clearly ignored.

I've got an other theory. If anyone can prove me wrong, I'll like to hear it.

The rule of two is generally kept. Palpatine has all the time one apprentice, either Maul, Dooku or Darth Vader. He's smart, and well instructed by Plagius, not having more then one, because two will corrupt and kill him, while searching for power.

So Palpatine enlists Dooku after Maul was killed. He thinks Dooku was better. After that, he finds someone better then Dooku, Anakin, so he sets a trap for Dooku, so the latter gets killed and he gets what he wants. After that, he desires Luke as padawan, and sets a trap for Vader, which fails. The rule of two applies at all time for Palpatine.

So, Sith are smart, even Sith apprentices. They know there master will abandon them when they find someone better. You might know Plagius and Sidious made someone existing out of the living force - Anakin. It would be tge perfect apprentice, also for Plagius, who was immortal of age. So after Sidious has learned enough, he kills Plagius in fear of getting replaced some day by Anakin. He can take apprentices himself now.

So Sidious is very powerful. At that point he takes an apprentice, Maul, that cannot overtrow them because he is not yet powerful enough. No one could be powerful enough to kill Sidious, not even the strongest of Jedi.

Dooku sees this too. And he's old. He is a Sith, so he desires power, and to overtrow his master, which he cannot do alone. He takes secret apprentices. (I'm not counting the Acolytes because that's EU). First Ventress. When Sidious found out, he orders Tyranus to kill her, which he must do to ensure loyalty and not to be killed by his own master.

So then Dooku takes Oppres as apprentice. This fails, because Ventress is trying to overtrow her old master with Savage. You see Dooku tries to maintain rule of two, after overtrowing his master. Same goes for Ventress.

So Dooku is too late, and gets killed because of his master beforehand. Vader tries to do the same. He is kind of weak, so he seeks an apprentice, Marek. When Sidious finds out, he has to prove loyalty to, and smashes him out of a window (TFU). When Vader finds out of his force son, he tries to get rit of Malek to make luke his apprentice to overtrow Palpatine.

So Sith are corrupt, and try to apply the rule of two with themselves as the master.

Edited by TWP

What does the Rule of Two have to do with 2014 rumors? :look: I know it started somewhere in the Revan discussion, but I don't understand why it's relevant.

Last year the UCS B-Wing was 50% off for May 4th. I doubt they'll have a discount that drastic again this year but you never know.

It depends on where do you live. In Europe the discounts are poor, you can expect 10-20% off.

Thanks for chiming in. I'm from Canada, so I wonder if things might be more in my favour than Europe (although we already have markup to contend with)?

Edited by Fritzy

I think the rule of two comes from elitist snobs like Palpatine. Clearly there's very often been more than two. But the elitist snob mentality is like "lol were the top 2, u don't count" and yoda is like "yah bro! count you do not!" then the other sith who are basically exactly the same just less powerful are like QQ.

Anyways back on topic... I hope we get a KOTOR set. Though I highly doubt it'll happen especially since the TOR sets, a game that's still out, seems to have died out.

I think the rule of two comes from elitist snobs like Palpatine. Clearly there's very often been more than two. But the elitist snob mentality is like "lol were the top 2, u don't count" and yoda is like "yah bro! count you do not!" then the other sith who are basically exactly the same just less powerful are like QQ.

Anyways back on topic... I hope we get a KOTOR set. Though I highly doubt it'll happen especially since the TOR sets, a game that's still out, seems to have died out.

I strongly recommend you to read the "Darth Bane Trilogy". You will get to know where from and why there was a rule of two being invented... Palpy actually had nothing to do with it...

To stay on topic, with Revan being confirmed to be the promo minifig, TLG forces me to buy something at RRP from them (again). With the last waves being a bit weak and me already owning everything of interest, i do not yet know what to get. Too bad the summer wave won't arrive in time. It is about to become the best wave in years... :wink:

Well, of course you're entitled to your opinion as to the questionable nature of characters like Ventress, but that "bullcrap" is all canonical points from canonical sources, and in Star Wars, canon = fact. Another way you can look at it that's a handy gauge - can the character cast Force Lightning? Force Lightning is detailed in a variety of sources as a pure manifestation of hatred, truly on another level than simple dark-side abuse of Force power. Sidious and Tyranus can cast it, and Anakin could have, in time, had he not lost his arms. Maul, Savage, Ventress, etc. - no lightning, no Sith. Obviously there's exceptions to this rule, but it's generally an effective litmus test. This isn't really the place to discuss this at length any further. To brush up on your knowledge, you can read up on it more at http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rule_of_Two and elsewhere on the wiki (note that the Force Unleashed references are outdated since that franchise is non-canon now).

As to Revan...I would say definitively that there will be no KOTOR sets in the pipeline. It's simply far too old a franchise, and only Revan himself had a tentative link to the TOR franchise. Also, if you look at the schedule, it's clear that the rest of 2014 and early 2015 will likely be Rebels-focused, as well as our last chance to get old PT and OT stuff before the new era begins - late 2015 and the years beyond will be devoted utterly to the colossal marketing push that will come with the advent of episode VII. So we barely have a shot at ANY more EU in the next couple waves, let alone KOTOR. I feel like we'd be more likely to see something from Clone Wars season 6 (a faint possibility as well) before any KOTOR stuff.

But we have Revan, and that's still unbelievably awesome enough as it is.

Saying "Back on topic" or "to stay on topic" doesn't excuse an off-topic post; it merely demonstrates that you know you're off-topic and you decide to make the post anyways. It seems clear to me that this discussion has now become one of the meaning of the Rule of Two and of KotOR sets you want to see, which would belong in the Star Wars topic in Culture and Multimedia and in the Future Star Wars Sets topic, respectively.

Darth Revan? Ugh! I was soooooo hoping we'd get nameless random Jawa #3 from the left, my favorite Star Wars character since childhood! Or Aunt Beirut, at least! With a cup o' blue milk! Instead we get a fricking awesome real Sith lord? Soooooooo disappointing!! What is LEGO thinking?! Do they care about us at all!?!

Yes, that was sarcasm. Boo-hoo!