Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

The more I look at Mos Eisley, the more I'm impressed by it, well done Lego! Oh, and I'm delighted to see that the designer resisted the urge to add a battery of defensive flick-fire missiles to the bar roof! :wink: Perhaps they're listening to AFOLs after all....the one added to Jabba's Palace was just pointless.

Looks amazing looks like they fixed the visor line on the stormtrooper but the B Wing just looks awesome on display espically that pilot figure and numb fig there superb.

I honestly can't tell the difference between the normal snow troopers and the commander, But beside that, they look really good. I especialy like the new cloth capes. The at-at looks pretty good. Better than the last one anyway.

I honestly can't tell the difference between the normal snow troopers and the commander, But beside that, they look really good. I especialy like the new cloth capes. The at-at looks pretty good. Better than the last one anyway.

I think its because his arm is in front of his insignia; you can see a couple of minor differences other than this anyway (look at the belt area for example).

And I agree, the AT-AT is one of the must buys for me, along with the ISD and the Cantina.

Edited by Admiral-Ackbar

The ISD looks a lot smaller (based on the Instagram pics). Doesn't really look like there is much detail in the interior unfortunately.

I think the Jedi Scout Fighter is my favorite of the wave, it's a pretty neat looking ship, and it has 4 great new figs. I wish there was a better shot of the astromech, but it looks like its a great color. I'm not big on OT stuff personally, but all of the new figs look excellent, and I just might have to pick some of them up, especially for those new Snowtroopers. The only set that doesnt stand out to me at all is the ISD - looks essentially just like the 2006 one, with updated parts and figures. Meh

-'Skintas

Can someone tell on which page are the pictures or repost the link please? :)

Does anyone else notice they are now printing Kenobi's brown robe down to the legs over his tunic rather than just using the cape.?

Over at figures.com they've got even more pics!

We're actually flooded now!

I like most of the new sets, but I will probalbly only get the ones from the films. The minifigs of the other sets look tempting, but they will probalbly cost a fortune over at sites like bricklink.

However, I do not like the redesigns of many figs, as some look less good and I will have to start all over again with an army :(

Even though from all the images I've seen online the Phantom docks into the Ghost with cockpit facing inward, LEGO has created it so that the cockpit faces out:

DSC_9173_RESIZED.jpg

Great… We already knew they were out of scale, and I guess it's still kind of cool that you can put them together, but the result is pretty weird. That's when happens when you put a maybe-minifig-scale fighter into a way-scaled-down big ship.

seeing the Advent calendar, my thoughts:

It's completely different, and almost as cool as mine.

The xmas tree droid is hiarious!

What is that thing with the tan sticks? Some kind of droid? EDIT: Okay, it is a Tatooine moisture..thing)

I count only 23 days.. (4 with Luke, 4 with the Hoth base, 5 with the tie-fighter, 5 with Vader Claus, 5 with the vulture droid).

Edited by Yooha

I was slowly losing interest in this theme, but it seems like the summer wave will pull me back in. I was hoping to spend less this year. I have you many themes to buy for. I guess I'll wait and see how expensive some of these new minifigures are.

I don't have an AT-AT, snow speeder or ISD, so those might need to find a way into my collection. The cantina for sure will be in it. Do we know the color of the land speeder?

Well I didn't expect to see that face. I really can't work out if I like it or not. :wacko:

Edit: The interior to the ISD is amazing! Brickshow have a video on their channel.

Edited by Legoman123

The at-at looks really weird though, I don't know but it looks really skinny with a very large undetailed head... The rest is very good IMO

Edited by Brickviller

Ouch, looking at that Brickshow video I'd say there was more of a "minifig on a plate" vibe to the interior of the ISD... hopefully I'm wrong and better images will reveal more details... The Emperor hologram is cool though!

That new Darth Vader face... ew...

But that Emperor Palpatine microfig - WOW!!!

37cc8e1c970c11e3964c12d46efe1c53_8.jpg

-Sci

Does anyone have any indication on what the back of Vader's new head will look like? If you remember from ESB, Darth Vader's helmet is being place on his head from within that chamber/pod thing, one of the Imperial Officers (I can't remember which one sorry) saw him. Before the helmet covered his head you could see flesh as if part of his head was missing. Could this be included as back printing on the head or would it be too "Gruesome" for a younger LEGO audience.

Edited by Phoenix__Phyre

The landspeeder is awesome. It finally looks pretty color accurate to the film. All I can say though is that it better be printed as I hate applying stickers to rounded surfaces.

The Bith band is pretty good. And the new Luke is interesting, but I'll reserve judgement until I see some better pictures. Obi-Wan's robe printed on was sort of an unusual idea too, but I think it worked well.

No, it's much better than that, they have given us a b-wing helmet on Nien Nunb and a full ROTJ y-wing pilot. This is absolutely fantastic news, the Y-Wing pilot looks incredible.

Yeah you're right. On the box they even label it as "Gray squadron pilot" so I guess they know what they're doing. Still odd that they put him in the cockpit rather than Nien Numb.

I feel that the catwalk in the Star Destroyer is taking up too much space.

Would prefer it to have more weapons feature, control station, crew quarters

You could probably put your own crew quarters in. There is some empty space so it would probably work quite well.

The Brickshow have just put a video up of The Ghost, I personally don't like it that much because there is barley any interior at all. :sceptic:

It's great to see these pictures! :classic:

I will definitely buy the AT-AT, Mos Eisley Cantina and the Snowspeeder. I will also buy the ISD if it is big enough :wink:

Vader's new face print looks strange. I'm glad he is wearing a helmet :laugh:

I don't like the new designs for almost all figures. New Greedo is worse than old one, Kenobi with printed robe is very needless, new stormtrooper print I don't like at all, neither the caps for imperial officers. And did we need a new design for general veers, or the at at driver at all? Much of the new figs will not fit into our old armies now.

seeing the Advent calendar, my thoughts:

It's completely different, and almost as cool as mine.

The xmas tree droid is hiarious!

What is that thing with the tan sticks? Some kind of droid? EDIT: Okay, it is a Tatooine moisture..thing)

I count only 23 days.. (4 with Luke, 4 with the Hoth base, 5 with the tie-fighter, 5 with Vader Claus, 5 with the vulture droid).

I'm inwardly groaning, as I was hoping the calendar would be more Episode III-centric with more army builders.

Like: Santa Vader and the Tree Droid.

OK: The Phase II Clone Trooper (I wish he came with a helmet instead of or in addition to a Santa hat). the Super Battle Droid (we got one in 2012, but I guess more of those rare guys are OK), the Snowspeeder Pilot (technically got one in 2011, but this one's colors are accurate).

Dislike: Tatooine Luke (I have two, don't need another), General Rieeken (including specific people in the calendar is weird), the Snowtrooper (got one 2 years ago), the Tie Pilot (got one in the 2011 calendar).

Wish we'd gotten: an Episode III Clone Pilot instead of the Snowspeeder pilot; a Magna Guard instead of the Super Battle Droid; a Wookiee instead of Rieeken (maybe Taarful); and an updated Tusken instead of Tatooine Luke.

The fireplace instead of the usual useless weapons rack is nice, though.