Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

The 'interchangeability' argument is utterly daft - there are limitless plain mini fig parts and one would not seriously claim that arm printing on a storm trooper would reduce the already zero transferability, surely?

I never said it wouldn't be possible to interchange items and parts, it would just be less, not zero. besides, on most figures, having just plain arms and legs can leave room for some general creativity. Don't get me wrong, I am not opposed to a lot of printing. What I said was that on the more mundane and common-place figures, there gets to be a point were it is just unnecessary.

So far LEGO has not crossed the line, but it may be around the corner.

From what we've seen so far of this wave, I think these sets are gonna be amazing! Tarfull and Chewie are fantastic, and I've been waiting for so long for LEGO to finally update their Wookiee molds. The clones looks ridiculously good as well, and the fact that we are getting army builders for both Kashyyk and Utapau is astounding. To me, this wave will finally give ROTS the epic attention it deserves.

When should we expect to start seeing official images?

I never said it wouldn't be possible to interchange items and parts, it would just be less, not zero. besides, on most figures, having just plain arms and legs can leave room for some general creativity. Don't get me wrong, I am not opposed to a lot of printing. What I said was that on the more mundane and common-place figures, there gets to be a point were it is just unnecessary.

So far LEGO has not crossed the line, but it may be around the corner.

I basically agree. The leg printing e.g. of the new phase II trooper is nice. I do not see, however, that it actually improves the phase I trooper or the regular stormtrooper, but I believe that we will see leg printing on future stormtroopers. To me, the recent scout trooper is an example of "too much" printing. While the previous scout trooper somehow "lacked black", the new one has too much. The printing looks to complicated and not consistent with the simplicity of the helmet.

Edited by Brickadeer

A Vader Tie Advanced UCS would certainly makes for some serious 'swooshing' with a Red Five!

I think he was referring to the rumor about a system scale Tie Advanced, though another UCS version would be nice seeing as the prices on the secondary market for the first are atrocious.

I basically agree. The leg printing e.g. of the new phase II trooper is nice. I do not see, however, that it actually improves the phase I trooper or the regular stormtrooper, but I believe that we will see leg printing on future stormtroopers. To me, the recent scout trooper is an example of "too much" printing. While the previous scout trooper somehow "lacked black", the new one has too much. The printing looks to complicated and not consistent with the simplicity of the helmet.

That's a good example. However, if the arms were just white instead of black it would be 20 times better. That's what I did.

And this only proves my point, If all the arms are to be printed on, I could not change the color. making very unique pieces.

I think he was referring to the rumor about a system scale Tie Advanced, though another UCS version would be nice seeing as the prices on the secondary market for the first are atrocious.

Hi

What are those rumors based of?

I only accept something as a rumor that have at least some background, a leaked image or a statement from a person that is known for reliqble news.

If we just "hope" a new set will come out or it have just some kind of logic like "it is 5 years ago we had the last time this set..." it is still no rumor.

So i would ask you kindly (just if you know) the source of those rumors. AT AT, UCS S1, Vaders TIE.

I love to know becaus ALL are on my "hope" wishlist.

Dino

Hi Dino

There's a thread about it on Brickset: (link). If you look at the posts during the last couple of weeks there's been a lot of talk about it. Nothing is 100% certain yet, but it's looking very likely that the AT-AT and Slave 1 are next in line to receive the UCS treatment :wink:

Don't expect a Slave-1 till september as for May an At-At would be the wrong planet

I don't understand what these rumors of a UCS Slave-1 or ATAT are based on? I mean, people are just talking about and taking it fro granted. if someone could show me a link to some evidence that would be great because I am curious myself. Otherwise I just think of it as a wishful item.

Don't expect a Slave-1 till september as for May an At-At would be the wrong planet

Wow. Talk of a tease. Well, there was an AT-AT on Endor as well, not prominent, but was there :classic:

I don't understand what these rumors of a UCS Slave-1 or ATAT are based on? I mean, people are just talking about and taking it fro granted. if someone could show me a link to some evidence that would be great because I am curious myself. Otherwise I just think of it as a wishful item.

In most cases you won't find real evidence. The only "evidence" is the credibility of the members who published the information.

Edited by Robert_88

In most cases you won't find real evidence. The only "evidence" is the credibility of the members who published the information.

but who brought up that there was a possibility of a Slave-1 or AT AT? I am not even searching fro evidence really, I just want to know where the idea was sparked.

Edited by Republican

You'll find a link on this page to a brickset forum. Apparantly cavegod and a guy called 1974 know something more than the rest of us...

Wow, pretty sweet when/if that pans out, a proper spec AT-AT would be awesome, the Slave 1 could be either OT/PT also, no hints regarding which on that Brickink topic. personally I hope its an AOTC Slave 1 as there has only been one, however I feel I will be in the minority for this and Lego will make EPV and VI slave 1.

Wow, pretty sweet when/if that pans out, a proper spec AT-AT would be awesome, the Slave 1 could be either OT/PT also, no hints regarding which on that Brickink topic. personally I hope its an AOTC Slave 1 as there has only been one, however I feel I will be in the minority for this and Lego will make EPV and VI slave 1.

The UCS Slave 1 should come with extra pieces / stickers so you can build either the Jango or the Boba version. If not, there's no way it'll be anything but the Boba version. Have a feeling we'll be seeing the Slave I in the new movies.

Agreed, that's why it should be the AOTC one as it will soon be consigned to history...

Or at least have the colours common enough to swap out.

From my reading of the rumours on brickset from those that have a reliable record is that the implication is that there will be a Slave One later in the year, however the earlier release will be a ... Sandcrawler. The rumours about an AT-AT took on a life of their own after someone misread a post and said something like "Awesome, I can't believe we're getting an AT- AT, thanks for the info!"

Are we assuming that the 'Troopers' in the Imperial BP are going to be Death Star Gunners? Or at least new figs?

Thanks,

Batman1

From my reading of the rumours on brickset from those that have a reliable record is that the implication is that there will be a Slave One later in the year, however the earlier release will be a ... Sandcrawler. The rumours about an AT-AT took on a life of their own after someone misread a post and said something like "Awesome, I can't believe we're getting an AT- AT, thanks for the info!"

I feel like these rumors change all the time.

Are we assuming that the 'Troopers' in theImperial BP are going to be Death StarGunners?

Or at least new figs?

Thanks,

Batman1

It is confirmed that there are gunners in the battlepack, that is, at least one.

I can't see them remaking the sandcrawler yet, I'm glad we got one, but is another necessary? It's not particularly attractive model (because it isn't supposed to be), and as far as figs go, the old jawas are already perfect, the best we could get would be Owen and Beru. Thats just my opinion on it, though I'm biased since I have the old one.

Yep!... I slightly misunderstood that bit... although a nice standard TIE Advanced would be lovely too... Might have to pick up another standard TIE to flank it as per the original poster!

I'd have thought also that with the Cuusoo Sandcrawler project being turned down recently that particular model wouldn't be close to release in any form just yet. I mentioned over on the Cuusoo thread about me believing that items extending from existing lines shouldn't be included on Cuusoo for this very reason.

I do think the Lars homestead is one of the things that could be produced in the OT thread as Tatooine is very 'underdone' although I think Mos Eisley lends itself better to a set. Unless TLG release blackened skeleton figures to use after the Sandtroopers had arrived looking for the droids?

...and for Slave 1... I have a deep dislike for the prequels so it would have to be available in ESB form or at least be moddable to that for my liking.

Edited by Robianco

I can't see them remaking the sandcrawler yet, I'm glad we got one, but is another necessary? It's not particularly attractive model (because it isn't supposed to be), and as far as figs go, the old jawas are already perfect, the best we could get would be Owen and Beru. Thats just my opinion on it, though I'm biased since I have the old one.

Actually, I now re-read the whole brickset discussion, and not just parts of it. What I conclude based on posts of people who have reliable information from TLG, it seems almost certain that we are getting the Sandcrawler as UCS and an AT-AT as a system set.

I am quite dissapointed and would have prefered if it was the other way around, but marketing-wise this appears as a smart move for TLG. Slave I in September wil be THE UCS of the year (an UCS AT-AT would only steal its spotlight) and besides, AT-AT would sell well in whatever size.

As an UCS enthusiast (sadly not hyped over Slave I) I can only patiently await a nice 3k+ parts minifigure scale AT-AT UCS... :sceptic:

I really can't wait to get my hands on the battle packs! All three of them have something very exciting and interesting to offer (that been the minifigures :wink: ).