Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

I liked Loki's helmet. I may be the only one though.

This theme definitely will be the must have this next year. Good thing some of those leaked images for other themes weren't as appealing to make up the monetary difference.

The set list in numbers and pricing for the January wave can be found here!

70800 Movie set 1 $15

70801 Movie set 2 $15

70802 Movie set 3 $25

70803 Movie set 4 $20

70804 Movie set 5 $30

70805 Movie set 6 $30

70806 Movie set 7 $30

70807 Movie set 8 $35

70808 Movie series 9 $50 (confirmed)

70809 Movie series 10 $70

Why are there only two "expensive" sets (of course by my standards)? Is LEGO playing it safe? I'm not mad about it though, as that means more LEGO for me! The USD price I put is based on the Euro price and how it usually works for Euro -> US prices when it comes to LEGO. That's how the pricing on this site was used last year.

Edited by just2good

Thanks for the info, so only 10 sets the first wave, and the other 7 are for the next?

Not really much to go on, but it looks like this could be relating to the type of sets. A bunch of medium size sets for each theme they utilize. That would be the most logical since the original description sounded like it would be a sort of throwback theme.

Found these while trawling LEGO's customer service database (checking one part at a time starting with the decorated pig face from the Minecraft sets so I had a good shot at finding new stuff). No matter what theme they end up being in, I'll bet spacers will love them.

6065598 (same windscreen from the new UCS X-Wing, but in Transparent Yellow)

6065600 (old-school space windscreen that has never been in this color)

6065601 (this came in Tr. Yellow in the Space Police III Lunar Limo, but this is a new Element ID for it, hinting that it's appearing again)

Aanchir found these in LEGO's database. The first thing I thought of when I heard "yellow windscreen" was Classic Space, as that is part of the iconic color scheme.

Maybe this theme will feature some new Classic Space sets? In addition it looks like Castle and Space are absent in 2014. This theme could fill in there.

I like that most of the sets will be on the cheaper end, easier to find on sale and might pick a few up, I do wonder what the big set will be.

I like that most of the sets will be on the cheaper end, easier to find on sale and might pick a few up, I do wonder what the big set will be.

Most likely the big set will be a vehicle used by the hero and is features heavily in the movie.

Maybe this theme will feature some new Classic Space sets? In addition it looks like Castle and Space are absent in 2014. This theme could fill in there.

If so, I'm gonna need a lot more money than I currently have.

Why are there only two "expensive" sets (of course by my standards)? Is LEGO playing it safe?

If bigger sets include the most important scenes from the movie, smaller sets mean that they give the smallest "spoilers". It feels like that these sets produced before the film are used to promote the film.

Lot easier to sell smaller sets to casual consumers... Makes sense. I'd also bet there's some strong sales analysis regarding the Constitution Chase, Goblin King Battle, Silver Mine Shootout, and other larger price point movie tie-in sets.

Woah, that robot seriff from the second trailer/spot looks totally cool. I mean, molded mustache piece. Now how awesome is that? No I just wish he would come in the collactable series or in a rather cheap set.

Yes, I like Lord Business too. He fits with the spirit of the movie, which is the same crazy and auto-ironical spirit of Lego and its IPs.

(price list)

Why are there only two "expensive" sets (of course by my standards)? Is LEGO playing it safe? I'm not mad about it though, as that means more LEGO for me! The USD price I put is based on the Euro price and how it usually works for Euro -> US prices when it comes to LEGO. That's how the pricing on this site was used last year.

Wow, why so cheap. :laugh: Not that $25-$50 is cheap, but these seem a lot cheaper than previous years... Financial improvements? (crosses fingers it stays this way :tongue:)

Just saw trailer #2, wow the cast is crazy! Nick Offerman!? Alison Brie!? Not to mention Chris Pratt, Morgan Freeman, Will Arnett, Will Ferrel, Charlie Day and Liam Neeson!

EDIT: Actually, what's the bet that Nick Offerman will be playing the cowboy?

Edited by KingPixels

EDIT: Actually, what's the bet that Nick Offerman will be playing the cowboy?

On IMDb they have Nick Offerman listed next to "Metalbeard" as well as "(rumored)" so let's not jump to any conclusions. :wink:

Edited by Lego Spy

I found this on 2ttoys.nl, they have listed the names of the sets:

Dutch:

LEGO® Movie 70800 Ontsnappings-glider

LEGO® Movie 70801 Smeltkamer

LEGO® Movie 70802 Achtervolging

LEGO® Movie 70803 Dwaas paleis

LEGO® Movie 70804 IJsmachine

LEGO® Movie 70805 Afvalkraker

LEGO® Movie 70806 Kasteelcavalerie

LEGO® Movie 70807 MetalBeard's duel

LEGO® Movie 70808 Supermotor achtervolging

LEGO® Movie 70809 Lord Business schuilplaats

Google translate:

LEGO ® 70800 Movie escape glider

LEGO ® Movie 70801 Melt Room

LEGO ® Movie 70802 Pursuit

LEGO ® 70803 Fool Movie Palace

LEGO ® Movie 70804 Ice Machine

LEGO ® Movie 70805 Waste Kraker

LEGO ® Movie 70806 Castle Cavalry

LEGO ® Movie 70807 Metal Beard's duel

LEGO ® Movie 70808 Super Motor pursuit

LEGO ® Movie 70809 Lord shelter Business

Anyone here speak dutch, that can provide a better translation? :grin:

Anyone here speak dutch, that can provide a better translation? :grin:

There really isn't much to go on to provide a better translation.

LEGO® Movie 70800 Escape Glider

LEGO® Movie 70801 Melting Room

LEGO® Movie 70802 Pursuit

LEGO® Movie 70803 Fool('s?) Palace

LEGO® Movie 70804 Ice machine

LEGO® Movie 70805 Waste Crusher

LEGO® Movie 70806 Castle Cavalry

LEGO® Movie 70807 MetalBeard's Duel

LEGO® Movie 70808 Supermotor Pursuit

LEGO® Movie 70809 Lord Business' Hideout

I would be entirely surprised if we're gonna see a large classic spaceship in that series :wink:

I would be entirely surprised if we're gonna see a large classic spaceship in that series :wink:

So you're saying it will be in the second wave of sets? I sure hope so. The release of the blue classic spaceman in the trailer, and a couple of merchandise items (torch and light) makes me think we'll get at least one classic space influenced set.

I found this on 2ttoys.nl, they have listed the names of the sets:

Dutch:

{list}

Nice find! These don't sound as good as I expected, as I was hoping for more Western stuff. Oh well, I'm sure the set pictures will be great.

Hoping that Escape Glider is the four-man Batman one we saw! :D I see a lot of potential so far, I hope we are not dissapointed!

I don't think so I am sure I saw emmet on a hang glider but I cant find it now :wacko:

Edit: its in the trailer

and 70808 is Super Cycle Chase as we have seen the box

Thought it might help to put set names and costs together so what we know so far if it is true?

LEGO® Movie 70800 Escape Glider $15

LEGO® Movie 70801 Melting Room $15

LEGO® Movie 70802 Pursuit $25

LEGO® Movie 70803 Fool('s?) Palace $20

LEGO® Movie 70804 Ice machine $30

LEGO® Movie 70805 Waste Crusher $30

LEGO® Movie 70806 Castle Cavalry $30

LEGO® Movie 70807 MetalBeard's Duel $35

LEGO® Movie 70808 Super Cycle Chase $50

LEGO® Movie 70809 Lord Business' Hideout $70

so for $15 we wont be seeing batmans 4 seater plane thing, sorry I wanted that one too

Edited by SMC