Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

The retail catalog and the toy fairs said August.

I don't wanna wait that long for my Spaceship, Spaceship, Spaceship! :tongue::cry2:

Does anybody have finalized prices for summer sets? I was thinking Mech $50 (though Brickset says $60) Dropship $80, Spaceship $100.

...but also look the most expensive.

Well technically the Sea Cow is the most expensive, but its an exclusive so I suppose there's a difference there. :classic:

Oh gosh, I just had a horrible thought. What if the DVD/Blu-Ray release comes with a different minifigure depending on where you buy it? Like, buy it at Target and it comes with Emmet in Robot Disguise. Buy it at Best Buy and you get Emmet in one of his many costumes from his apartment. Buy it from Wal-Mart and you get Wyldstyle in Robot Disguise.

I hope this wouldn't happen, but I do remember that Target was the only store last year to come with an exclusive minifigure for The Hobbit DVD release.

Oh gosh, I just had a horrible thought. What if the DVD/Blu-Ray release comes with a different minifigure depending on where you buy it? Like, buy it at Target and it comes with Emmet in Robot Disguise. Buy it at Best Buy and you get Emmet in one of his many costumes from his apartment. Buy it from Wal-Mart and you get Wyldstyle in Robot Disguise.

I hope this wouldn't happen, but I do remember that Target was the only store last year to come with an exclusive minifigure for The Hobbit DVD release.

Then we will riot, breaking through their realms with our Spaceships!!

Has anyone considered an early 2015 wave for the Lego Movie? The are some vehicles in the movie that have some serious set potential. It would be such a shame if they didn't.

Personally I hope it is Vitruvius from the prologue that comes with the dvd/blu ray! That is the only character variant of the main three cast members Lego hasn't made. It was a cool design with the amulet, silver headband, strange scarf thing and the normal eyes. It seems the most likely to me unless green lantern is finally going to be released. I also hope that they do what they did with the Lego batman movie and include the figure at ALL retailers rather than limiting it to target in the USA. Then again warner blu ray titles are always region free so if I have to import to get the figure then so be it! I suspect it will be like the Lego batman movie which was released everywhere with the figure. I'd estimate the release date somewhere in June as that is the usual month to coincide with February film releases (approx.4 mths after cinema release) I also hope they include his prologue staff.

Edited by legofreak86

I don't know if anyone has seen this yet but here is a nice video showing how the lego movie was made, there are also some clear pictures in the video of the sea cow set :classic:

(The close ups of the sea cow ship appear at about 1:45 into the video)

Then I would get it from Walmart cause Robot Emmet comes in the ship and the costumes are just CMFs with his head.

:roflmao:

Edited by Tolkien

$250 American? Are you serious? That's likely at $300 Canadian. Ridiculous. More pieces than the Simpsons House and all, but I'd rather get the Simpsons House (which I have) at a cheaper price point and a nicer set IMHO. I like the Sea Cow and have been thinking of likely getting it but if it ends up at $300 Canadian...just a big WTF. $250 Canadian maybe (and even then I'm very meh on that price; albeit lots of pieces) but that being the American price...??

Someone else in the thread said that it's £170, which translates to about $200. This person also received the info from a LEGO store.

Someone else in the thread said that it's £170, which translates to about $200. This person also received the info from a LEGO store.

Prices never translate correctly. Usually UK has higher prices though.

I wouldn't think it'd end up being more than the Simpsons set, the Seacow should have a better price (since it isn't licensed). You never know though. :look:

We should know on the 17th though. :wink:

the $250 price is directly from employee who had the job of putting the price stickers on the boxes. Other countries prices aside, 2700+ parts and many large ship parts 250 is certainly reasonable.

the $250 price is directly from employee who had the job of putting the price stickers on the boxes. Other countries prices aside, 2700+ parts and many large ship parts 250 is certainly reasonable.

True. It's not unfair to us Americans as much as it is fairer-than-usual to our cousins across the pond. The American price-per-piece is still far more equitable than the Imperial Flagship ($180 for 1664 pieces).

Obviously, a higher price is going to be off-putting to a lot of people, especially those who are already uneasy with a non-traditional pirate ship. But from what we can see, the Sea Cow is every bit as elaborate and ornate as you'd expect of a D2C set, and I'm sure there are lots of goodies in the set that we haven't seen yet.

I wonder what faces Emmet will come with in this set. It'll be nice if he has the same face as in Emmet's Constructo-Mech, since that face is otherwise exclusive to that set.

I wonder what faces Emmet will come with in this set. It'll be nice if he has the same face as in Emmet's Constructo-Mech, since that face is otherwise exclusive to that set.

I think someone mentioned that he has the same face as the one from Cloud Cuckoo Palace

Still kind of sad Feb wasn't The LEGO Movie Month, where we hold contests for building something creative out of pre-exisiting City sets. Would've been awesome!

-Sci