just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I would but Electro is so pretty..... :tongue:

I just realized I still need the Daily Bugle. Was that a good set?

It's pretty good, I only dislike the helicopter but the minifigs are good and location sets are a big plus for me.

It's easy to get the budget together - just skip the crappy USM sets. :wink:

They at least have decent figs. Although most of the sets themselves are pretty crummy.

Edited by Ultron

HL Joker? That's a surprise, although it makes sense. I wonder if this person is being honest. How would they have seen the Tumbler?

Does anyone else think LEGO would benefit greatly if they just made Batman and Spiderman themes again and left DC and Marvel Superheroes to other heroes? Sure Bats and Spidey could be in sets tying in to the Superheroes theme but I think that'd give us more room for diverse DC and Marvel sets while LEGO can still produce Spiderman and Batman all they want. Hopefully they take an example from 2006-2008 Batman and make sets have better looking dark villains. And better non comical looking heroes. I'd really like to see how that'd go... :classic:

I think both Marvel Disney and WB DC have finally figured out that encouraging a certain synergy and blending between their brands and sub brands is actually far more beneficial. Something that really has not happened since Mego went under decades ago. By keeping the lines linked they gain spillover fans and brand growth. A kid who buys the Batmobile now has a Flash minifig. That kid will in turn watch the new Flash TV show just to find out more. That same kid may grab a Spider-Man or Iron Man set off the same shelf and discover a whole new world. What the key players are discovering (finally after decades) is that it is no longer the days of competing on the drug store spinner rack for nickels and dimes. In fact the comic properties are no longer a zero sum game. When you raise one to prominence you are boosting all. And a gateway drug...errr... I mean toy line, that let's kids flow seemlessly between the competing properties actually boosts all. Having the similar mastheads on the box places them all in a familiar place that encourages exploration between them. Case in point GotG sets. This is a fairly obscure modern property. If left to their own line they would sell like PoP. No one would know what it was. But under the comfortable banner and red boxes of Marvel Super Heroes? It's something new and worth checking out. And it flies off the shelves. And thus boosts the movie, the overall property, and the Lego line.

This is not unique to Lego. Disney and Mattel have discovered much the same with the Disney Princesses line. The overall Princess line does orders of magnitude better than the individual movie stuff.

I personally don't want this theme to become another Star Wars in the sense of the amount of sets released each year. Many sets have great builds and Minifigures. I already miss out on about a quarter of the sets each year, and settle on just getting the Minifigures. I can see that choice getting people frustrated like our Star Wars buyers, at least I know I would be.

I doubt they'll give him a new hairpiece. If they did, it'd be the Arthur Weasley one in black. (I don't know the name of it). But leg printing looks like a must this time around.

They could also use Draco's. The hairstyle isn't unique enough to warrant a new hairpiece. Are they actually making sets for DOJ?

^ I think they confirmed it

PS Look at the suits new belt!

Edited by MODOCTORDOOM

^ I think they confirmed it

PS Look at the suits new belt!

Really? I mean the movie's not out for another two years, do they know that far in advanced? I mean it's pretty much a given anyway

Really? I mean the movie's not out for another two years, do they know that far in advanced? I mean it's pretty much a given anyway

But the film was meant to come out next year, at toy fair Lego essentially said they new what they were doing for the BvS sets and what they were going to be.

^ I really wanna a see Jessie Heisnberg's Luthor!

About Wonder woman I think I read some where that she will be a warrior which means we could get her cool shield and swords!

Yeah, I read she will habe the tiara, leggings, the top and a meather jacket, she will have her lasso, spear, sword and shield

*leather jacket

During The LEGO Movie press junket, LEGO executives said that they had designed the sets for Batman v Superman; however, since the movie got pushed back, they have to design ones for 2015. I believe it was the same interview where they first said that Superhereos are now an evergreen theme.

HL Joker? That's a surprise, although it makes sense. I wonder if this person is being honest. How would they have seen the Tumbler?

I hope he is in fact telling the truth... Anyway, I wonder how The Brick Show knew about this that early. Wasn't it like in February or something?

It would have been a great opportunity to include Lucius Fox.

Didn't know we already had 3 sets until I looked it up. Was this also released as a UCS?

1208231062_THUMB.jpg

Edited by Cammo

If the Tumbler is TDK related, I can skip it. I hated that movie, and thought Ledger was terrible as Joker.

TBH figure wise I'd prefer the Begins suit over TDK as we have a TDK one. What I'd want is Ras Al Ghul, Lucius Fox, Begins Suit, Ledger Joker, catwoman, Scarecrow, Alfred (Caine).

@Cammo - No, that's just a fake. Lego has only released one UCS Batmobile so far (#7784) which is very reminiscent to the first batmobile created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane with the shield on the front.

I'm excited to hear that we're getting DoJ sets and it make senses that Lego would already have sets designed because of the change in release.

I'm crossing my fingers for the HL Joker and I hope if these rumors are true and include two minifigs, that the Tumbler will be minifig scale. These are just skeptical rumors though. Are we sure that it's not the batwing from the Lego Movie?

Edited by Moon_Knight

It's going to be a DC exclusive set. The TLM commentary said that the Batwing/mobile from the film was not going to be made. The previous Tumber was in The Joker's Ice Cream Surprise. This would be the first UCS one.

The new info we are getting on this set really doesn't make sense. We know it's UCS, which generally means large scale--ergo not minifigure scale. So why would we get two minifigures? And just two? And if the Tumbler is indeed minifigure scale, why the heck is it $200+. No minifigure scale Tumbler would (Or should) rack up that much of a cost. It is large in comparison to other "normal-sized" vehicles, but it's not a space ship. Personally, I don't know how we can trust the source on this development anyways. It's all just hearsay...granted this is the rumors thead afterall, so everything should be taken with a grain of salt until there's offical confirmation.

On a side note, how many people would be willing to spend so much for a Tumbler and a Ledger Joker? I don't understand the appeal of this set; everything we've heard about it seems ridiculous to me.

The new info we are getting on this set really doesn't make sense. We know it's UCS, which generally means large scale--ergo not minifigure scale. So why would we get two minifigures?

Not sure I believe the information either, but the new term for UCS from LEGO is minifigure scale. Look at the Sandcrawler and upcoming Slave I.

Not sure I believe the information either, but the new term for UCS from LEGO is minifigure scale. Look at the Sandcrawler and upcoming Slave I.

The Sandcrawler isn't minifig scalle, and we haven't even seen the Slave I. UCS to LEGO still just means big sets for collectors, I feel.

Captain Nemo is absolutely right that a Tumbler that expensive couldn't be minifig scale (even the Ice Cream Surprise one was actually way too big). But I don't actually disbelieve these rumors. I could see LEGO making a big UCS Tumbler and plopping a couple desired figs in it to make it sell better. Minifigs are everything these days, and it wouldn't be out of line to have a couple with a model that they don't even fit into.

The minifigs could just be extras.....little treats to sit on small bases next to the UCS model........or figures for the owner of the UCS to give to their kids to stop them breaking up their new UCS ? :wink: