just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

To everyone saying that the sets, whether Marvel or DC, are based off or may be based off the games... isn't it probably the other way around? :P I doubt Tt games has the superior designers.

To everyone saying that the sets, whether Marvel or DC, are based off or may be based off the games... isn't it probably the other way around? :P I doubt Tt games has the superior designers.

but they mean the storyline and general locations, not the individual designs for the sets. if for insatnce in the game they go to Oah(?) to collect a ring, lego could make a Oah based set.

As much as I love the games and the "models" in the games, I can't remember the last time we've ever got sets based on stuff from the video game. I don't want to crush people's hopes - I know Lego and DC approves all the stuff WB/TT includes it in the game, but it doesn't mean we'll ever see them as actual sets or minifigs.

From Lego Batman 2 we got the Batboat. From Lego Marvel we got Doc Ock and Spider-man's vehicles. I assume that trend will continue and a handful of elements in the game will turn out to be real sets.

From Lego Batman 2 we got the Batboat. From Lego Marvel we got Doc Ock and Spider-man's vehicles. I assume that trend will continue and a handful of elements in the game will turn out to be real sets.

in that situation its lego that designs the sets first

Except that was almost surely LEGO making stuff that Tt games used, not the other way around. I mean, you could tell that some vehicles like the Hydra tank looked more like sets than, say, the X-Jet. If LEGO took inspiration from Tt games and not vice-versa, then all of the games' vehicles would be more similar in complexity.

but they mean the storyline and general locations, not the individual designs for the sets. if for insatnce in the game they go to Oah(?) to collect a ring, lego could make a Oah based set.

Maybe; I'm still fairly confident LEGO doesn't need Tt games to install the idea of sets based off prominent locations in their minds, though, and Super Heroes sets generally don't have a uniting storyline beyond "Look! It's your favourite Super Heroes!"

I just want a GL before the movie, knowing that maybe the rock will play John Stewart rather than Hal Jordan if the rumors are true, maybe who knows... I am sure the winter 2015 sets will be great, I wish they release microfighters, battle packs, or just cheap kits with these minifigures....

in that situation its lego that designs the sets first

Except that was almost surely LEGO making stuff that Tt games used, not the other way around. I mean, you could tell that some vehicles like the Hydra tank looked more like sets than, say, the X-Jet. If LEGO took inspiration from Tt games and not vice-versa, then all of the games' vehicles would be more similar in complexity.

I think you misunderstood me. I never said Lego wasn't designing the sets first. I simply gave a list of things that we saw in game first that turned out to be real sets. My point was that the games regularly feature real Lego sets and minifigures before they're released in physical form.

I think you misunderstood me. I never said Lego wasn't designing the sets first. I simply gave a list of things that we saw in game first that turned out to be real sets. My point was that the games regularly feature real Lego sets and minifigures before they're released in physical form.

Ah, yes, I did misunderstand. There was so much other talk about whether this game would inspire sets that I incorrectly grouped your comment with those. My bad.

Edited by BFN

I think most of the winter wave marvel sets were based off vehicles/figures from Lego Marvel Superheroes.

Heck, even the exact same wolverine and cyclops from the x jet were in LMSH

I'd say the developers got sneak peeks of the unreleased sets (Lab Smash, Blackbird, Truck Heist) and based the characters/vehicles in-game off of the sets. Some elements, like M.O.D.O.K.'s chair are slightly different from the physical models,meaning the sets may have been tweaked since the game was made prerelease. I'm fairly certain that TT Games don't have the LEGO rendering skills to create their own models from scratch for the games without a reference. So yes, the sets existed and the game designers used those as reference for the game, and then the sets were released. I hope that's cleared up now.

Edited by 8BrickMario

TT does have their own renderings, it's in the book Lego batman book, they had to create their own renders of minifigures, while TLG approves them, that's why some minifigures are inconsistent in that sense, by the time Lego Batman 2 was made they would have known a new Mr. Freeze was coming up in the winter set of the following year, but in the end they ended up releasing the old figure from the first one...

I reckon we will get a wave based on the game in winter 2015 as these look like new designs and the story of the game couldn't be more set friendly. I mean a quest to collect objects to beat the baddie? That's Lego all over. Plus the change of location gives Lego another reason to make more batman sets as this game involves other planets which could amount to a set on each planet and lantern ring to collect which fans would just eat up. Plus as It says JL and the legion of doom are at first in competition then team up to stop the baddie that could mean each set could involve Batman and a hero or/and villain versus braniac's forces for the rings. If there were 5 or 6 sets with a ring in each then imagine the amount of leaguers and legion of doom members we could get. I certainly would expect space bats in the smallest set and lantern and new 52 in another and maybe some new villains and leaguers as this would be heading away from Gotham. Maybe the flagship would be braniac attacking the watch tower like the poster implies with some exclusive villains and heroes and batman maybe.

Nah, the ring thing is a bit too toyetic for Lego. Lego Marvel also had the perfect toyline set up with the huge amount of characters and in the end Lego only released a new Doc Ock and a couple of the side characters that didn´t even appear in story missions like Power Man, Taskmaster and Electro. The sets will probably end up a bit more earth based than the game, especially when the Hall of Justice is confirmed to be in the game and there needs to be some kind of main hub where the standard costumes make sense. If the game would be 100% in outer space everybody would only be able to appear in space suit variants of the costumes and just making all heroes and villains walk around in their regular gear in the Watchtower would be really lazy.

When can we expect to see a list of playable characters?

Full list a week before release but they will probably reveal a couple characters the nearer we get to release.

I'm fairly certain that TT Games don't have the LEGO rendering skills to create their own models from scratch for the games without a reference.

The games have their own designers that don´t have to care about sturdiness and which part is possible to make in certain colors. Before 2012 these designers worked all by themselves and were like ships passing in the night with stuff like the LSW2 AT-ST being a 1999 AT-ST cockpit with new legs while 4 months later a complete redesign was made. I think nowadays the game designers and Lego discuss this thoroughly from both sides like how Lego wants TT to use all their current toys while TT proposed a new set with Doc Ock because they didn´t want to include USM Ock that prominently when he is far off other appearances of the character.

In all honesty, all I care is the pre order version mini figure of this game. that Iron Patriot was sure nice and a scam though, war machine mk.II in gunmetal only showed up in the comic book that detailed why he wasn't seen in the avengers and in between IM3, but in the only play set we got that version that wasn't even seen in the movie not by a long shot, TLG knows that they are doing and how much those figures are worth...

Anybody have suggestions for making a plant Groot? I think the best way might be to use these three pieces: the brown bucket/flower pot found in the 79008 Pirate Ship Ambush (and other sets), the green plant stems found in 4738 Hagrid's Hut (and other sets), and the dark red open stud found in the new Ghostbusters set. I don't think it's in any other sets yet. I might be wrong though. Anybody else have any ideas for a Groot plant to go in the Milano?

We're for sure getting a Green Lantern soon if we're seeing the same design in the Lego Batman 3 game that we saw for the LED light.

Edited by Moon_Knight

Seeing that new cowl really reminds me of Black Panther's for some reason. If we do get the purple one, I may just buy it, if only just to laugh at how ludicrous it looks. Here's the purple one in various forms:

http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/5005d9ce6bb3f72460000012-590/august-1958--2009--2011-the-batman-of-zur-en-arrh--no-this-isnt-bruce-wayne-rather-its-tiano-an-alien-from-the-planet-zur-en-arrh-his-costume-consists-of-red-yellow-and-purple-with-a-much-different-logo-the-character-returns-over-the-years-in-comics-and-television-appearances.jpg

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

I think that purple suit is when he is infiltrating a disco and is only meant as a joke. However, the suit on the far right has the new Batman mask. Isn't that the space suit from the game trailer? This is a good comparison between the two different styles of masks.

Can anyone tell if the Space and Purple Batman are physically photographed or are they digitally created?

Can anyone tell if the Space and Purple Batman are physically photographed or are they digitally created?

All of that image is digital.

The purple suit is from the Batman RIP story arc, can't quite remember the name of it and don't have my graphic novels to hand...

It's the "Batman of Zur-En-Arrh" costume, originally from a story from 1958, but resurrected recently by Grant Morrison and in the "Brave and the Bold" animated series. Originally it was worn by the Batman of another planet, but when Morrison used it it was a "backup personality" Bruce Wayne had set up in case his own personality was even compromised (talk about being prepared for every eventuality.

Wether or not we'll ever see it in a set is anyones guess.

Like others have mentioned, Lego probably gives TT a handful of sets that will be coming out in the future that are also in the game. These aren't game based sets as they're more future Lego sets in a game.