just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Sorry but it looks nothing like a Sentinel to me. The closest would be Cyclops in his Astonishing costume.

And Cyclops' alternate costume in LMSH. Is his Astonishing and that one looks like an offical figure. Though the hands arent yellow on the costume

Look above it looks like a Sentinel! Also I meant after the Simpsons minifigure series it was rumored that the next series might be Marvel

No it isn't. That's just because All About Bricks said there were supposed to be Marvel CMFs some time ago that were never produced. :wink:

We aren't only getting one xmen set because the picture below storm and magneto has a minifigure that looks like a sentinel on the top of the box and wolverine is on the side of the box.

For the future of DC it would be amazing if we got more sets with Flash with the Rogues and maybe a flash museum. We could even have other heroes come in an help him and NOT JUST BATMAN, its DC Super Heroes not Batman! We need more JLA and Secret Society sets. Imagine the Watchtower or Hall of Doom

Also is it confirmed that the next minifigure series will be Marvel?

zoom in look at the head its not round, its and its purple maybe I'm just hoping for one

To be honest, it just looks like Magneto. I.e. light color hands, round shaped head, dark colored figure.

$90 is bigger than anything we have gotten in this line yet (except Arkham) so that's a little surprising, but very cool if we'll get more sets of that size in the future. :thumbup:

I'll probably skip the GOTG sets and just get the X-Men one. $50 was what I was expecting anyway. :classic:

Also, I don't think that figure is Magneto. :sceptic: If it was, I think he would include a cape, and the colors just look more like Cyclops than Magneto or a sentinel to me. It is preliminary though, so we could all be wrong.

If I recall correctly the animated Wolverine and the X-Men (2009) and X-Men Evolution (2000-2003) had Mister Sinister in them.

What would be a great boost for X-Men sets would be a new X-Men animated TV Series.

And the 90's X-Men show, that was the best one

Definitely. The voice was perfect and the design blows the Wolverine and the X-Men one away.

Unlikely as it is, words cannot decribe how happy I'd be if Sinister turned out to be the second villain in the Storm/Magneto set. He's one the easiest X-Men villains for Lego to make.

i35ok9.jpg

I was just going for more recent exposure. But the 90's version was indeed the best. I still have his action figure somewhere.

After seeing those prices, I think I'll pass on GotG unless the movie and sets absolutely blow me away. I will, however, be picking up any and all X-Men sets, regardless of price on those.

I just don't like the dynamic so much. Never really piqued my interest. I'm more of a Daredevil kind of guy.

And yet your profile pic is of an "X" character. The world is truly a strange and wonderful place. :)

First of all, Chris Claremont's X-Men is by far the best. You can't beat the Dark Phoenix Saga or Days of Future Past. Second of all, Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men is definitely the second best take on the X-Men.

I'm way excited to hear that LEGO is making some expensive sets for Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm anticipating this movie the most for 2014 because we have no idea what to expect. The Guardians of the Galaxy is by the far the the craziest idea and superhero team that Marvel could put on the big screen. Not to mention the bizarre midcredits scene with Benicio Del Toro as The Collector!

I could see the minifig on top of the box being an Astonishing X-men Cyclops. I hope it's not a Sentinel. I want a big brick built one like the Ent from the Tower of Orthanc.

http://img833.images...3/1619/673k.jpg

Edited by Jim
Exceeded image size

I could see the minifig on top of the box being an Astonishing X-men Cyclops. I hope it's not a Sentinel. I want a big brick built one like the Ent from the Tower of Orthanc.

Brick built is definitely the way to go, although I wouldn't mind it having a special molded head piece like Modok.

First of all, Chris Claremont's X-Men is by far the best. You can't beat the Dark Phoenix Saga or Days of Future Past. Second of all, Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men is definitely the second best take on the X-Men.

I'm way excited to hear that LEGO is making some expensive sets for Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm anticipating this movie the most for 2014 because we have no idea what to expect. The Guardians of the Galaxy is by the far the the craziest idea and superhero team that Marvel could put on the big screen. Not to mention the bizarre midcredits scene with Benicio Del Toro as The Collector!

http://img833.images...3/1619/673k.jpg

Off topic, I know, but I 100% agree with you Moon_Knight, nothing beats Claremont, although I think Grant Morrison and Marc Silvestri did a pretty good run in the early 2000's. If you, Numbuh1Nerd, are having trouble with the prices with the graphic novels, or are unsure you want to invest a lot of money into a collection of comics you've never read, then I'd highly recommend buying (If they are available in your country) the Marvel Pocket Book series. Some of the best comics that have ever been published, they retail for between £4-£5, full colour, and although it varies, there are usually between 150-200+ pages. I've found loads at discount as well, so sometimes they can be cheaper.

Back on topic, I'm pretty annoyed that we'll only get one X-Men set, that's pretty ridiculous. And the Blackbird better be as big as or bigger than the Quinjet. I'm thinking, based on what's popular X-Men wise and most known, I'm thinking they'll go with, in addition to Magneto and Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops, Professor X and Mystique due to there parts in the latest X-Men film. They're unlikely to do Rogue, as I'm pretty sure her part in DOFP has been cut, I don't think Colossus is too well known with such small parts in almost all X-Men media (90 Animated, Wolverine and the X-Men, X-Men 3 etc), however, they still made Deadpool... That leaves, in my mind, a few remaining contenders. Jean Grey, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Angel, Bishop, and Beast. I'm also thinking, that there must be a limit at how many Minifigs can be included. The Quinjet had 5, Daily Bugle had 5, Malibu Mansion had 5, Batcave had 5, Two Face chase had 5, Battle for Smallville had 5, Joker's Steamroller has 5. You see the pattern. The only exception is Arkham, which was a D2C and has 8. So, in conclusion, if it's a regular set, I think It'll have 5. If it's a D2C, then It'll have 8.

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

Its a £50 set I think has been said so hope its more or not the blackbird. Only 1 set why so little love fir x men.

X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy? YES! Has it been confirmed to be the Blackbird? I hope that it is and not just some generic made-up Brotherhood ship...

Only 1 set why so little love fir x men.

LEGO was probably commissioned by Marvel to create three sets to promote Guardians of the Galaxy because it is a relatively obscure team and needs more merchandise. The X-Men set sounds like an extremely loose "tie-in" (I know that LEGO doesn't have the rights) to a movie with an already large franchise, thus only needing one set to capitalize off of the inevitable X-Men craze.

Judging by that South African shop, the GotG sets are expensive!

~$35

~$55

~$90

I imagine that the $90 set is the Guardian of the Galaxy's command ship, appropriately titled Ship. :grin:

If it is based off the current comic design, we could be in for a great looking set!

Edited by montyofmusic

I am not sure on those prices since I never heard of GOTG until this message board started talking about them. So, it will depend on how awesome the figures/sets look before I decide to pick them up since I have no nostalgic attachment to them like X-Men or Batman.

But at those prices, it may be a tough sell for me since there are other sets that are needed before they get retired.

The minifigures alone for Guardians of the Galaxy should look awesome, so many great characters.

Judging by that South African shop, the GotG sets are expensive!

~$35

~$55

~$90

Plus, that X-Men set is ~$55. I really hope these are good, or I might have to halt my LEGO Marvel Super Heroes buy-every-set creed. :look:

Yes! Big sets are good!

And yet your profile pic is of an "X" character. The world is truly a strange and wonderful place. :)

I knew someone would bring that up! It's actually just because I like the figure. And I suppose the character as well, even if he's getting overused recently.

January 21-23 is London Toy Fair. We sgould fibd out stuff then, if stuff then

That is what I am thinking, at least descriptions of what the sets include.

Yes! Big sets are good!

I agree, it is about time we get some larger builds for Marvel, that $50-60 price point for the X-jet is about what I guessed it might be. If it comes with Astonishing Cyclops, I will be very happy. :wub:

With three sets for GotG potentially, there will be a good amount of minfigs included. I am expecting at least Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Gamora, Drax, Groot (Big Fig), Ronan, Nebula, and maybe Thanos, Iron Man Mk 39 Gemini, and Nova.

zoom in look at the head its not round, its and its purple maybe I'm just hoping for one

Why would you want a minifigure of a 14 meter giant robot? That would be totally useless.

Only 1 set why so little love fir x men.

Really hope that we still get a Marvel D2C X-Mansion with Sentinel and some other new characters. There are quite a few figs you could do with the existing pieces, the game alone has at least 5. Just make the Mansion in style of Arkham Breakout, put ≈10 figs in there with a Sentinel or two and done.

If not I hope the Black Bird comes with a masked Wolverine.

January 21-23 is London Toy Fair. We sgould fibd out stuff then, if stuff then

The March, May and April sets from the last years were already not there or were in some super secret section from which only came crappy pics and descriptions of people. Wouldn´t be surprised if there weren´t any August sets at all.

And nobody cares about London, they don´t allow pics. New York is from 16 - 19 February, the only relevant Fair.

Well I guess the X-jet will be okay for $55, but i'm just worried that there won't be much interior.

5 seats tops, probably less but that´s depending on the fig count. All in one line behind each other with a wall between the cockpit that has one or two seats and the rest of the ship. The Quinjet already had no interior, this will be worse considering the lower pricepoint and scale.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

Though I won't go out of my way to say that London Toy Fair is irrelevant, I agree with Navy Trooper Fenson that we are more likely to get a better understanding of sets from the New York Toy fair, since it does allow photography.

Though I won't go out of my way to say that London Toy Fair is irrelevant, I agree with Navy Trooper Fenson that we are more likely to get a better understanding of sets from the New York Toy fair, since it does allow photography.

They didnt allow photos last year for thw movie sets, same thing will happen this year, most likely. Toy fair generally have thing theat are to be realeased up til August.

Last year we had guys who just didnt know how to desribe the sets, while big sites just remeber the figs becuase the set really were not that memorable.