This diorama represents a full year of work (of my little free time).

Here is his short story: at the end of 2011 I presented on EB my Winter Church who has won the fifth place in the contest "Expand the Winter Village II". The church was located on a small winter diorama consists of 4 baseplates 32x32 with the first two sets of Lego official winter.

In December of 2012 I presented instead the Winter Town Hall for the "Expand the Winter Village Contest III" that won the second place!

These two buildings were needed for my new project: I decided to completely rebuild the first rudimentary village to build a large diorama winter.

After several months of work have come to the end of my first goal.

The Winter Village you see is composed of 12 baseplates 32x32 but my final project will provide for the use of 40 bases (10x4 = 2,5 x 1 meter). It will probably take at least another 3 years for this goal but in the meantime I'll keep you updated!

At present the village is composed of a central square with a stone fountain, statue and Christmas tree decorated, a church, an outdoor bar, the bakery, the town hall, the toy store, the post office (modified), a souvenir shop, a motorized water mill, a stone bridge, the Lego cottage (modified). All surrounded by snow covered trees and various funny skits with characters more or less famous.

I hope to post soon new detail images on flickr.

Village exposed at Ballabio 2013 (Lecco - Italy):

Winter_Village_Ballabio_2013S.jpg

Village exposed in my house:

Winter_Village_2013S.jpg

HD images:

http://www.unafotoal...labio_2013L.jpg

http://www.unafotoal...llage_2013L.jpg

Hoping that this work captures your interest, good vision at all!

Sandro

Edited by sdrnet

Sandro,

This is astounding! Each building looks wonderful! And the trees with touches of snow look so realistic. I want to visit this visit in real life! And spend a few days walking around enjoying the scenery.

Congratulation on your winter village....very well done!

What a beautiful layout :wub: ......is it going to be expanded in the future ? :wink:

Brick On in the snow 'Sandro' ! :sweet:

Edited by lightningtiger

Sandro,

This is astounding! Each building looks wonderful! And the trees with touches of snow look so realistic. I want to visit this visit in real life! And spend a few days walking around enjoying the scenery.

Congratulation on your winter village....very well done!

Thank you very much!

The village is a figment of my imagination for many things but I was inspired by real places. I'm very glad you like it. As soon as I have some time I'll put other more detailed photos for a better look at buildings and landscape.

What a beautiful layout :wub: ......is it going to be expanded in the future ? :wink:

Brick On in the snow 'Sandro' ! :sweet:

Yes! The final project involves 40 baseplates, with an average of 10 bases per year inclusive of medium-sized buildings and various scenes.

I really like it. I especially like the paved town square that has been cleared of snow. Some parts look a bit too cluttered though. And I really like the smoke coming from the chimneys.

This is a gorgeous layout. You've done an awesome job at bringing it all together so cohesively, like a real little town.

Awesome :thumbup: :thumbup: I see live and it's aboslutely better then in photo :wink:

This looks great! I'm probably going to be getting the cottage soon and start my own village. Since the other three sets are retired, they have climbed in price a bit. Which would you suggest is the best set out of the Bakery, Post Office, and Toy Shop? Thanks!

Can't believe I missed your original posting of this layout. I just love it. I really like the way you have made it into 32x32 sections so that it can be expanded. Looking through your pics on flickr, you have put a lot of time and patience into this. I look forward to seeing this continuing to expand.

This is amazing. I somehow missed it originally, but thanks to the bump I was able to see this. Very impressive!

Very inspiring too. I'd love to make a Hogsmeade village for Harry Potter someday and the Winter Village line actually is very fitting for the aesthetic I'm going for. WIth that said, this whole diorama is very fitting for what I'd want to go for. I will definitely look back at this for inspiration for my own builds.

Best of luck on the future. Forty baseplates is somewhat ridiculous!! :tongue:

Keep up the great work!

With a little 'late I want to introduce the new modules I'm working on for the new Winter Village 2014.

I think I will be completed by the end of June and will consist of 24 modules! Enjoy everyone and thanks for comments.

11287439323_9bf8b10a5e_c.jpg

11287308105_657916f31d_c.jpg

12430044305_2f63aae2b8_c.jpg

12430193263_2e73096579_z.jpg

12430192443_032ab22926_c.jpg

Other images here:

Love your winter village creation and so detailed! Excellent work. I really like the pull out Wompa cave too. :)

Hello to all!

After a long silence I would like to introduce you to new pictures of my Winter Village. I know some of the new module of my new village ...

This is a gazebo stage with the musicians:

14088833168_4716d622fc_c.jpg

14295671963_827e22f397_c.jpg

14088830728_f247887e50_c.jpg

Snowy tree house, library kiosk, car service technician repairs streetlights:

14098928667_ef22577531_c.jpg

14284989124_16b24bcde3_c.jpg

14283469422_67a41a1e06_c.jpg

Tree detail:

14098862960_dd1cd4bc06_c.jpg

Fisherman's wharf:

14285500605_d749ebae17_c.jpg

14283481012_dfc698abc7_c.jpg

The two modules connected together:

14098882140_86332d0422_c.jpg

14285507905_f4c071e55c_c.jpg

Other images here:

https://www.flickr.c...57638505699563/

The new diorama 2014 will be officially presented for the first time on 19-20 July 2014 in Lecco (Italy).

Comments very welcome.

Enjoy!

Great work as ever Damiano! Such a bunch of detailes...

I love the tree... one of the most natural one I have ever seen. Something I have tried hard to make, but without the same effort.

I find the newspaper shop very nice. I was thinking about one similar with an octagonal base for my diorama.

Excellent work my friend...

Ottimo lavoro!