Liked the movie very much. To be honest I wasn't expecting a story that good.

Very much looking forward to the blu-ray and hopefully a ton of bonus features and behind the scenes.

...Metalbeard is awesome, as is his ship.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this already, but I just noticed something interesting:

The Kragle has the same color scheme as Octan!

29115900.jpgOctan_logo.png

Is this maybe why they made Lord Business the head of Octan? Perhaps he built his empire around the Kragle and adopted its color scheme? These are also the colors of the Mexican flag, so maybe that's how the whole "Taco Tuesday" thing came about? Or maybe it's all just coincidence.

Either way, just thought I'd point that out.

Watched the move today. It was much, much better than I possibly imagined it could be!

I think the thing that I really loved was the fact that it stayed true to Lego itself throughout – anything that was possible with Lego IRL was possible here, characters talking with their head turned 180 degrees for example!

It was beautifully animated and was just like how I imagine a Lego world in my head! The “relics” such as glue and an earbud were a fantastic reminder of scale.

I think the scriptwriters were incredibly clever in their approach, as proved by the twist towards the end.

Not sure how I feel about a sequel. I think the movie was so beautiful as a one-off and some of the magic could be lost particularly as the ending rather put it all into context. However, I’m also happy at the news as the scriptwriters were so good with this one, I’m sure they’ll find a way to make the next one just as good with its own twists and turns!

Today I discovered this interview with Dan and Kevin Hageman from earlier this year. They describe what their involvement was in The LEGO Movie. I hadn't realized that their part in the writing process actually began and ended before they became the writers for LEGO Ninjago. It's clear that they were very passionate about both projects, but they seem to agree that passing the torch to Phil Lord and Chris Miller was the right decision and helped make the movie what it was. I'm glad these two are on board as screenwriters for the LEGO Ninjago movie!

A few months back I stopped by my theater and told them I was interested in the Lego Movie promotional material. I got the call today that my name was drawn so I recieved the two large movie posters from the movie! It may be worth checking in with your local theater if the movie is still running...

The DVD box art has been leaked:

BlG0cMXIIAA7XvB.jpg

Edited by Lance

This film is the best. It has so many references, and jokes that you barely get to think about before another one appears! It was hilarious, it had some nice plot twists, and overall it was much better than "Clutch Powers: The 90-Minute Commercial". :wink::thumbup:

This doesn't mean it's the release of the collectors' Blu-Ray, right?

It's also the release of the regular Blu-Ray, so I would imagine the collectors' one is the same time. I think Amazon have listed it for the same date too.

The Lego Movie finally reached New Zealand! Yay! And I saw it today and...

...what do you mean the movie has been out in the rest of the world for two months???

:ugh:

It was a strange experience, because I'd watched all the trailers, all the TV spots, studied all the toys and listened to all the music, so there was hardly anything about the film that I wasn't already familiar with... and yet somehow I managed to avoid any spoilers about the end of the film, so that bit at least was a nice surprise. :laugh:

Went to the Lego Movie today in NZ and it was awesome, far exceeded my expectations which were already high. Laughed most of the way through, the graphics and sets were amazing and the way it was made was outstanding as was the action. Definitely the best children/animated movie I have seen, definitely for adults too. Really go and see it. 10/10 :classic::thumbup:

Edited by technicfan

This hasn't been mentioned yet: HISHE (How It Should Have Ended) posted a rather nicely done episode on YouTube, this time about The LEGO Movie. If anyone knows anything about HISHE, they know that Batman and Superman always appear in every video about a superhero movie. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I hope you do, as well!

Apparently Warner Bros. consider the LEGO Movie as 'evergreen'. They see Dc/Harry Potter potential in the series. So we may see many more LEGO Movie sequels in the future.

http://au.ign.com/ar...r-2017-and-more

Sigh...

Does everything has to be a franchise these days? Honestly, the movie was pretty good as a one-time-only thing, but I cannot see it standing up to sequel after sequel.