Just one month left in the Summer Joust!

There have already been 40 entries :excited:

Oh, that's great! I thought the deadline had almost been reached, silly me! :wacko: I may be able to build an entry then :classic:

Just one month left in the Summer Joust!

There have already been 40 entries :excited:

The main MOC for the guild creation category now has the record for the longest time taken for me to finish a model!

Through the years, GoH has had lots of very enthusiastic members, but over time, many have gone inactive. I'd love to see these builders return and GoH become more active again. I think an outreach via PM to members who have gone inactive, and you'd like to see come back, could help get some to return to GoH. And some promotional posters created using inspiring builds from GoH through the years could also be motivating.

I plan to send out some messages myself, and could also make some promotional collages, though my photo editing skills aren't great, so if someone else wanted to help with that you're more than welcome to.

Let's see if we can get some members back and raise GoH's activity levels again!

It may be better to coordinate this with the start of the next book, or some other major event. This typically provides more incentive to rejoin/participate again.

Through the years, GoH has had lots of very enthusiastic members, but over time, many have gone inactive. I'd love to see these builders return and GoH become more active again. I think an outreach via PM to members who have gone inactive, and you'd like to see come back, could help get some to return to GoH. And some promotional posters created using inspiring builds from GoH through the years could also be motivating.

I plan to send out some messages myself, and could also make some promotional collages, though my photo editing skills aren't great, so if someone else wanted to help with that you're more than welcome to.

Let's see if we can get some members back and raise GoH's activity levels again!

I sent messages to quite a few people about a Kaliphin team for the summer joust before finally managed to get a team together, quite a few of the messages went unread, their recipients not being very active on EB anymore.

On the other hand, I know for a fact that Dr Rod, Tazmaniac, Gabe, Si-MOCs and ISC intend to build for GoH again in the future, it comes down to being busy with other MOCs and themes.

BoBS and Andromedas gates have caused quite a few people to build for there instead of GoH, not that that is a bad thing, but it does take time away from the guilds.

A very fine idea, I think! But we should indeed keep in mind that some of these are not very active on EB anymore

It may be better to coordinate this with the start of the next book, or some other major event. This typically provides more incentive to rejoin/participate again.

Yes, I was planning on sending messages out either around the start of book 3, or challenge 5. The above post was mainly to get your guys' thoughts on this before the next challenge/book comes around. :classic:

I sent messages to quite a few people about a Kaliphin team for the summer joust before finally managed to get a team together, quite a few of the messages went unread, their recipients not being very active on EB anymore.

On the other hand, I know for a fact that Dr Rod, Tazmaniac, Gabe, Si-MOCs and ISC intend to build for GoH again in the future, it comes down to being busy with other MOCs and themes.

BoBS and Andromedas gates have caused quite a few people to build for there instead of GoH, not that that is a bad thing, but it does take time away from the guilds.

You're right that quite a few aren't very active on EB anymore, but I think some people do get emails if they receive a PM. And, there are also still some people who are active on EB, but not in the Guilds much. :classic:

A very fine idea, I think! But we should indeed keep in mind that some of these are not very active on EB anymore

Glad to hear you like it! I'm hoping we can get quite a few older builders back (or even new ones!) in GoH :classic:

@LittleJohn: Sounds like a good idea to me :thumbup: Obviously, not everyone is going to come back, but if we could get some veterans to return that would be great!

...BoBS and Andromedas gates have caused quite a few people to build for there instead of GoH, not that that is a bad thing, but it does take time away from the guilds.

Yes, BoBS is taking up a lot of my build time. But I do have a GoH MOC that I just finished!

Trying to get some of the veterans back sounds like a good idea to me! I might be able to make a few promotional collages in the next couple of weeks as well.

Yes, BoBS is taking up a lot of my build time. But I do have a GoH MOC that I just finished!

Trying to get some of the veterans back sounds like a good idea to me! I might be able to make a few promotional collages in the next couple of weeks as well.

Cool! Would you like any suggestions for MOCs to feature in the collages? There are a lot of Book I builds I still admire and get inspiration from.

Edited by soccerkid6

That would be great! If you would like suggestions, Gideon Barqua springs to mind as well as Gabe's lecture theatre.

Cool! Would you like any suggestions for MOCs to feature in the collages? There are a lot of Book I builds I still admire and get inspiration from.

I was thinking of:

Gideon's Barqa (Kaliphlin)

DC's Durnovaria (Avalonia)

SK's Nordheim Keep (Mitgardia)

Jacob Nion/LV for Nocturnus

That way, all guilds are well represented

Ah, I was thinking way more than just 4 builds being highlighted. Perhaps a poster for each guild, with 10-15 builds :moar:

I personally think Nocturnus can't be represented by one person, since many members have their own specific niche. I understand that you can't fit many builds for every guild on a single poster, but it may be nice to (also) have a poster per guild. Quite tough matter to deal with here.

edit: oh, seems like you ninja'd me, Sk!

Edited by Exetrius

@Exetrius/@SK6:

Ah, I didn't know we where seeing things that big! In that case, more builds per guild may indeed be better. Maybe every guilds should decide on a certain number of builds, and these are then send to someone willing to make a poster out of them

Ah, I was thinking way more than just 4 builds being highlighted. Perhaps a poster for each guild, with 10-15 builds :moar:

Yeah, we could certainly do more than 4 builds. In fact I think we could probably do maybe 1 poster per guild, with 10-15 top-notch builds, and then one overall poster with the builds that are a notch above top, if you know what I mean. With all the years GoH has been around, I'm sure we could find enough!

Suggestions would certainly be appreciated. Maybe we should start a new thread for this. We should probably get at least a verbal permission from builders before using their pictures.

Yeah, we could certainly do more than 4 builds. In fact I think we could probably do maybe 1 poster per guild, with 10-15 top-notch builds, and then one overall poster with the builds that are a notch above top, if you know what I mean. With all the years GoH has been around, I'm sure we could find enough!

Suggestions would certainly be appreciated. Maybe we should start a new thread for this. We should probably get at least a verbal permission from builders before using their pictures.

How about MOCs of retired builders then?

How about MOCs of retired builders then?

If a builder can't be contacted in any way and we can't get permission from him, I don't know that we should use his builds. I'm sure there will still be plenty to choose from.

I don't think it will be an issue using an entry submitted for GoH in a GoH poster, as long as we are not making a profit.

I don't think it will be an issue using an entry submitted for GoH in a GoH poster, as long as we are not making a profit.

I agree. It's an advertisement for the Guilds, using builds submitted in GoH. Seems straightforward to me, and it's publicity for the builders.

I agree. It's an advertisement for the Guilds, using builds submitted in GoH. Seems straightforward to me, and it's publicity for the builders.

Absolutely, and anyway, I don't think any of the builders would mind.

Absolutely, and anyway, I don't think any of the builders would mind.

If that's the consensus of opinion it's fine with me. I don't see why on earth anyone would mind either. :sweet:

The next book is in the works and that always gets people who don't do free-builds a lot into building again. I'm working on something again that will be displayed at brickworld Chicago.

Teaser:

27205845320_17cbe3486a_z.jpg

It's good to see you all are still liking the whole project! :classic: