Savage Oppress

What Lego-related thing did you do today?

Same thing I did earlier in the week......bid up a retired modular building auction on ebay to over $800. Just got outbid, so I'm out of the auction. There are limits, even for crazy folks like me......

My wife bought me a whole bunch of second hand lego. I pulled out one piece at random and then using Peeron discovered it was from the Police Van from last year. Then I grabbed the rest of the pieces and built it. Now I'm searching for a SW build.

My son and I built the Mobile Police Unit (7288). He enjoys building things with Legos and I'm trying to get him ready for the Cargo train build that he will be getting for Christmas.

I braved the snow and ice (had a slow motion collision with a tree and lost the tailgate from the Truck) and picked up another BL order from the Post Office...

...Truck's fine BTW

Spent the time disassembling, cleaning and sorting a big pile of LEGO donated to me by my brother.

Cheers

Rog

About six weeks ago my wife was out of town so,to kill time, I bought 42009 ( the mobile crane). I learned very quickly that I'm not a Technic person. I don't have the brains or patience.....even though I completed the build. So, today I got everything together and mailed a picture of it to a friend. She is going to give it to her nine year old nephew. He will learn two important lessons about life in my country. First, you can get something for nothing. Second, he will probably spend a lot of hours during his life correcting someone else's mistakes....in this case, mine with one set of gears.

No more Technic for me. It's great stuff, but I don't have the brain for it. I'm going to stick to clicking bricks together with modular buildings and the like. :-)

I've decided to BL the Corner Cafe.

So I obtained the Parts list in Bricklink, chucked that into a wanted list and ran it to see how much money the pieces are going to cost. I knew some of the pieces were rare , but still got sticker shock on several pieces so my plan is to build it with alternate pieces initially and if I'm not happy with the result then I'll wait to see if the original pieces come down in price...

Tonight I'll reconcile the amended Wanted List to my Inventory and see what kind of figure we're dealing with.....

I've decided to BL the Corner Cafe.

So I obtained the Parts list in Bricklink, chucked that into a wanted list and ran it to see how much money the pieces are going to cost. I knew some of the pieces were rare , but still got sticker shock on several pieces so my plan is to build it with alternate pieces initially and if I'm not happy with the result then I'll wait to see if the original pieces come down in price...

Tonight I'll reconcile the amended Wanted List to my Inventory and see what kind of figure we're dealing with.....

I'm curious as to cost. Sometimes I bid for sport ( but pay if I do win) on ebay. I was runner up last week on a CC that sold for about $850 with box and instructions, which is about what I paid for mine last spring. Btw, fortunately I do get outbid the vast majority of times.

Good luck with it. With over 2000 parts, I'm sure you could substitute a few without losing the character of the building. Might even make it better, eh?

Edited by Off the wall

I'm curious as to cost. Sometimes I bid for sport ( but pay if I do win) on ebay. I was runner up last week on a CC that sold for about $850 with box and instructions, which is about what I paid for mine last spring.

I've seen others in the forums over the last year saying $350-$400 and upwards for a full build. Nowadays I think that's on the low side, but I won't be spending anywhere near that - there's just no way I could justify nearly $7.00 for a single DrkBlue Arch, or the $1.00 each for the 36 DrkRed Slope's you need, or the $4.00 for each of the 20 White panels (even if I could find them in the US).

Purists may scoff but I'm going for a Cafe Corner reboot with alternate colors (black or DrkBlueGrey roof) and alternate pieces (windows instead of panels) in an effort to keep the total cost down around the $200 mark. Take out the stuff I've already got in my inventory and I'm probably looking at a set of BL orders at about half that.

So I'll end up with a Corner Modular for about $100 (and a depleted inventory) - who can argue with that?

Might even make it better, eh?

No chance!

I built my daughters Olivia's House set. Then I built it again when I dropped it, because I forgot the roof came off...

Steve

It has been a couple of very full on LEGO days for me.

- Scored 7 LEGO Technic sets for Christmas plus a LEGO note book and ruler.

- I have added another shelf to my display cabinet to fit the above in :)

- Yesterday afternoon I ended up parting out 42009 which I have added to my parts collection.

- I have spent 11 hours today working on my latest Technic MOC, once it is finished I will post it up :)

Disassembled and sorted a bunch of sets and MOCs. My fingers are killing me.

This wasn't something I did today but I received me 2014 Lego catalogue in the post two days ago.