I Scream Clone

LEGO Star Wars 10236 Ewok Village

1. yellost, I used poor wording. The set is the newest version, but not new, as it is a 2011 set. To find it in retail stores will take some looking.

2. Thanks, Dragonfire! That head was familiar, as it is also used on Stan Shunpike's second variation, which I have.

3. @kbcakir: Marcos Bessa is indeed the designer of Arkham and Ewokville. (Whenever a LEGO employee discusses a set in a designer video, they made that set.) Marcos is indeed a great set designer, as Arkham, Spider-Cyle (I know this because the initials and year of birth on the license plate are the same as in Arkham), and the Village are amazing. I am really happy that he joined LEGO!

Is there ever a such thing as too much detail on a minifigure? It might just be me but the triangle fold across Luke's torso just looks weird; they should've kept most of it shades of black.

Other than that, this whole thing is pretty awesome.

Very nice set! If they can do this, they can make a proper Lord of The Rings Rivendell set as well :tongue:

Seriously though, it is indeed a bit too expensive for non Star Wars fans, but I can appreciate its beauty nonetheless. Impressive number of minifigs by the way...

Is there ever a such thing as too much detail on a minifigure? It might just be me but the triangle fold across Luke's torso just looks weird; they should've kept most of it shades of black.

Other than that, this whole thing is pretty awesome.

Yeah, I can't stand that fold.

Edited by Gremer

Just lovely set. Trees are great, and collection of minifigs too. It`s good to see decent playset after all this ships.

But the price is on dark side...

After having looked at the set time and again, i can only say that it is designed well. While impressive at first sight, it remains a huge invest. At this price tag, such size and minifig composition is to be expected to say the least.

The caption of the movie's village is well executed. Virtually everything has been covered and there is a lot to be discovered and played with. A set with such a prominent cast promises to offer quite a lot of fun to have with it.

The redesign of the Scoutie is a little too black, IMO. Luke instead is great. Finally the correct suit and hair colour. Leia's skirt looks a little silly (Hawaiians on Endor, anyone?).

As a diorama or environment, it may come to use for several other themes and topics that are related with wilderness, tree houses and nature in general. Not necessarily medieval/fantasy but pretty well suited for it.

Bottom line: Will i buy it? I don't deny considering this. But Orthanc comes first and might remain the only set above 150 bucks on my wishlist. Will i buy it at this price? No and that's fairly sure. You get a lot for the money - the set is high value - but the amount is extraordinarily high. And too high for a set i do not necessarily 'need'. I do not plan to skip too many other sets i am planning to buy for just this one.

250 USD makes a perfect gift when i'm on holiday in NYC! 250 EUR is, as always, a ridicilous high transfer rate for us europeans... Anywho, great set and long awaited. I myself only collect OT sets, and this will be a nice addition, but IMHO not above the level of the Death Star. Just imagine... TLG is giving us huge playsets of iconic moviesets/scenes.... I'd better save up for that mighty Bespin set that is bound to be redone. Cheers!

JC F.K.A. MalastarianMadness

Edited by JayCal

Am I the only one who likes the Scout Trooper redesign?

Nope I love the new design it's more accurate to the scout uniform used in the films

Nope I love the new design it's more accurate to the scout uniform used in the films

Same. I will definitely buy the one from the Advent Calendar and possibly pick one of these up from Bricklink.

If I can ever manage to pick my jaw back off the floor, I'll get this. Truly epic. And a massive improvement on the Death Star playset that it inevitably will replace.

Honestly I think they are both pretty bad, I just watched Return of the Jedi again today and I think the only way we could get a proper Scout Trooper is with actual arm printing with a combination of white and black.

The designer (marcosbessa) really did an exemplary job on this lovely Ewok Village! :thumbup: You could see how this is a work a brilliant MOCer coming from the AFOL community with all the clever building techniques we haven't seen before (rope walkbridge, the convincingly organic-looking huge trees, etc.) while meeting the building standards of a LEGO set. Unfortunately for me the price is out of my budget range, and with other amazing sets around, I would have to skip this one out. But great for those who will get it for their LSW collection. :sweet:

Now I wonder how OT fans who hated didn't like ewoks in ROTJ feel about this set... :grin:

The concept for this set is nothing new as myself and other MOCers have done ewok villages in the past. That rope bridge is similar to the one I did back in April 2010.

AC

8928702616_fac2b28071_c.jpg

I must get this set. I know it costs quite a lot. But with the minifigure count, and how some of them are exclusive, it sort of in a way balance the price out a bit. At least its not Limited Edition or Special Edition, then buying this set straight after launch isn't too worrying to get the set. Still after this set was announced I have never been so interested in the OT part of Star Wars before.

This set is too awesome to pass up! Although I won't have enough money for it beside the Defender, I think every SW fan that can afford it should get this magnificent set. The trees and every plant detail is really make the treehouses look like real plants (as it can be). The figs are superb too, although a new Han with his Endor coat and printed legs for the snowtroopers would have been better. I really like the new Leia, although her skirt looks strange on the pics but in the designer video its okay. Its good to see that this set turned out so great, when I heard that there will be an ewok village, I thought that okay I can live without it, but seeing these awesome pictures... wicked set for sure.

The two things I dislike about this set is Luke's torso and the fact that the second and fourth tree from the left get skinnier until you reach the village and then they get fat again.

Edited by Gremer

Wow! Just wow! This is by far one of the best SW sets ever produced. Next to the Death Star, it is one of the best must-have sets LEGO has ever made for SW fans. I'll break down my thoughts into three categories: the set itself, the figs, and the price.

The Set: this is by far one of the most aesthetically pleasing sets ever made. It has all of the iconic bits from the film crammed into four amazingly built trees. All of the functions are really cool, and definitely make it one of the most interactive playsets in years. This combined with 2009's Endor Bunker set make for the greatest Endor diorama produced by TLG.

The Figs: holy crap! 17 figs! That's so ethng only SW would get! All of the Ewoks are brilliant! The droids and Rebels are kinda old news (although more Rebels is always nice). Chewie and Han are nothing special (but I love Han's vest. While not new, it just looks SO much better than the old version). The Imperials, again, kinda old news. Even thought the Scouts are new, they aren't the stars of the set. To me the two best figs of the set are Luke and Leia. Leia is perfect! They couldn't have done a better job [and it proves that when something so obvious appears in CMF or elsewhere, we should expect the figure to come eventually (the hair)]. Now, I don't understand, but some people seem to be dislikeing this new Luke. He is by far my favourite version of the character LEGO has ever produced. I've always wanted Luke in his outfit from the Death Star duel, but LEGO never made him. He always had his robes. Now, along with the right hair colour, we have one of the best, most accurate Luke figs from ROTJ. I'm just so happy.

The Price: eek! Why, LEGO, must Canadian sets be so much more expensive than US prices. $300? Why! While the price is kind of a punch to the groin from TLG, I'm gonna have to save up for this set. It's just too amazing to pass up.

All in all, bravo LEGO! You've achieved wonders in both set quality and making the fans happy! Now, imagine a 17 minifig Bespin! I'd gladly wait a few years for that!

That rope bridge is similar to the one I did back in April 2010.

Ooh nice! Just goes to show that great MOCers think alike! :thumbup::grin:

I like the redesigned Scout Trooper, I think it's the right call to give it black legs considering it has more black in the legs compared to the all-white legs of Stormies:

250px-Scouttrooper22.jpgStandard_Phase_3_Stormtrooper.jpg

Excellent set, I really like it and I will buy it... I was waiting for a new Endor Luke with his poncho and helmet maybe in another small set will appears. LUKE_Endor.jpg

Am I the only one not impressed with this set?

First of all, is overpriced like all recent OT sets. European prices are highway robbery.

This is not a problem by itself, but as a Lego exclusive we are forced to pay full price.

Some people here compare this set to the Death Star which costs 439 € at the Spanish Lego store.

Recently I got one from amazon.es for 309 €, only 60 € more than the Ewok Village but twice the piece count.

Half of the figures are just recycled. And the other half are rehashed, the only true new figure is Leia.

The Scouts are too black, the arms should been white. Luke is nice, at least his hand is black now

(not like Desert Skiff and Rancor). And Leia looks silly, ALOHA!

Don't get me wrong, the set is nice but in no way I will pay 250 € for a bunch of trees, yet another speeder bike and a castaway Leia.

I am really confused about this set right now.

PROs:

• It looks really great, yes.
  • A lot of iconic scenes from the movie; I especially like the flying chair and how it is done.
  • The minifigs are also well chosen and in a high amount.
  • The price is in a way acceptable. Especially in Europe we know how LEGO SW prices are with a high number of minifigures. Nowhere near 10 ct per piece.

But to be true, I even expected a little bit more.

CONs:

• Everyone was discussing force ghosts and the way they could have been done. I was really hoping for a (good) solution as that the ending is to important for the whole saga to not include it.
  • Furthermore an At-ST in 'playable' size is missing.
  • Is 10188 really going to end? I expect that and I don't have it yet :sing:

So for me I will first get me a DS

Edited by henning1010

Wow. I love it. :wub: It'll have to wait until I've finally gotten the Death Star, but I definitely want this one, too.

It's good to finally see a little more Ewok love from TLG. Considering the importance of the Ewoks to the final sixth episode of the film saga, and the existence of numerous additional stories revolving entirely around them (including not one but two feature-length live-action TV movies, plus an animated series with its own book and comics spin-offs), it's kind of astonishing there have been so few sets with them - just three sets prior to this one, in the entire history of the theme (!). I would have loved to have seen more Ewok characters included here, especially ones we haven't seen before, but all things considered this is still a rather generous selection of minifigures.

(The Artoo fan in me also takes exception to setting Artoo apart from the other minifigures in the official description - I mean, I get why it was done, but still. But obviously this quibble with the description doesn't affect my enthusiasm for the actual set.)

Only criticism - why can't we get stormtroopers with printed legs - every other trooper has printed legs, even the scouts these days!!

OTOH, I actually wish we had the older stormtrooper torsos in this set, since I'd already gotten dozens of stormtroopers over several years of collecting LEGO Star Wars prior to the release of the current 9489 Endor Rebel Trooper and Imperial Trooper Battle Pack and 9490 Droid Escape sets, and I want all my uniformed troops to be, well, uniform (I'm using the non-printed legs in the Endor battlepacks to replace the printed ones from 7264 Imperial Inspection, actually).

Alternately, better still (to me) than having the older troopers in this set would be having no Imperials at all, and instead having more Ewoks in their place. There's a slew of other sets with Imperial troops, after all (and more coming all the time), but as I noted there have only been three other sets with Ewok minifigures (and most of the ones here are duplicates of characters from those other sets). Of course, having the opposing faction offers more play value, but given that this is targeted more at adult collectors one might think they could get away with omitting that in favor of other features, like more (and more varied) Ewoks.

But no matter. This is still a gorgeous set, with lots to offer. I'd love to get a couple copies if possible.

Luke is nice, at least his hand is black now

(not like Desert Skiff and Rancor).

His hand is black in this set because he's wearing a black glove, which he puts on after leaving Tatooine (to cover the damaged area on his prosthetic hand, damaged during the very scene in which the Desert Skiff appears). He doesn't have a black hand in those earlier sets because he's not wearing the glove yet.

His hand is black in this set because he's wearing a black glove, which he puts on after leaving Tatooine (to cover the damaged area on his prosthetic hand, damaged during the very scene in which the Desert Skiff appears). He doesn't have a black hand in those earlier sets because he's not wearing the glove yet.

Good catch! Luke's hand gets shot while on the Sail Barge's upper deck, so the minifigure hand should be flesh-colored in the Rancor Pit and Desert Skiff sets. Props to LEGO for paying attention to movie detail.

While I’m generally into the UCS sets, I’m :wub_drool: all over this one. It is refreshing to see TLG produce something this size that is not a ship. Just like the Death Star I’ll be buying this one on sale someday. These play sets are really growing on me and are usually the most enjoyed by friends and family when I show off my collection. Even with all my UCS sets, all they can talk about is Jabba’s Palace and the Rancor pit. I guess there is something to this mini-figure craze. :iamded_lol: