Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

Read this from an eBay auction of the Press Kit set:

If they are revealing the Ewok Village (likely as it's a Star Wars themed event), it might be the biggest set ever! I'm guessing $400-$500 with 5000-6000 pieces. :grin:

I'm guessing it's a statue like the big robot they built on top of my local LEGO Store. (Mall of America!) The thing's pretty huge.

-Sci

I can't see why it should be a Star Wars related model, and if it should be a Star Wars related model, why it should be Ewok Village, which, in the strictest sense, is not really a model. If it should be a Star Wars model, I'd rather suppose it to be the Cuuso Sandcrawler.

Because of the press release kit they have released for it, being the Yoda Chronicles set... that is SW themed, which perhaps not guaranteed to prove it is a SW themed display, is enough to hint towards it being a SW themed display.

And as I mentioned in the SW YC kpress kit release, I do not believe it is going to be a retail set they unveil, more like a 'record-breaking' display model.

A Jedi Temple would be good,

Ah, if only... it is wayyy overdue.

I really am looking forward to the Yoda chronicles, But I am upset to know it is unlikely anyone will ever actually open and build one of these sets. Oh well :sad: .

Anyway I have done a little writing on the set- http://www.madbricks...romo-set-found/

I suppose finding the instructions would be good enough. That way we can build the set and particularly that droid.

I actually reverse-engineered the set in LDD using the parts list and the rendering of the finished set.

Perhaps a Cloud City in the same similar design as the Death Star, just bigger? I'd drop 600 on that in a second.

Edited by StoutFiles

Wouldn't be LEGO Yoda, without rubber head, I think! Head made out of plastic, not likely it is.

I think the Duel on (yet another set in) Geonosis the Sail Barge, and the Spider Droid are the best ones. I shouldn't complain about Jabba's barge, as I don't have the old one, so any repesentation is welcome.

I thought the first Yoda minifigure had a soft plastic head.

Well, I wouldn't know, as the old Yoda I own is the horrible quality one from the Yoda Pen, and that one's head is rubber. I don't know about the one in the sets, though.

Well, I wouldn't know, as the old Yoda I own is the horrible quality one from the Yoda Pen, and that one's head is rubber. I don't know about the one in the sets, though.

I think Yoda's head has to be the softer rubber because of the thin and pointy ears.

Perhaps a Cloud City in the same similar design as the Death Star, just bigger? I'd drop 600 on that in a second.

This is the set that would complete everything for me regarding Lego Star Wars. A real Cloud City that would rival 10188.

I think Yoda's head has to be the softer rubber because of the thin and pointy ears.

Thats understandable, though its disapointing that almost every new mold is made of rubber and not ABS. The only one I'm not sure about is Padme's new hairpiece.

The thing that concerns me most about rubber pieces is how well its going to hold up long term, especially when other companies such as Hot Toys and Toybiz are know for their rubber either drying up and cracking over time, or leaking a sticky oily residue.

I find LEGO's rubber pieces to be good quality. There's no way Padmé has rubber hair. That's ABS for sure.

Why is the jedi padawan without pupils in the Yoda promo?? Not that I will be getting it, I mean 1.200$ is just a "little bit" over the top he... Wouldn't even give a 100$ for this.

Why is the jedi padawan without pupils in the Yoda promo?? Not that I will be getting it, I mean 1.200$ is just a "little bit" over the top he... Wouldn't even give a 100$ for this.

and as i saw the hairprint on her torso i could immediately say its annakins torso from the new dropship.

im not sure if the hair or head are exclusive to this promoset (guess the hairpiece is from castle) - if not there is imho pretty much no reason to get it other than for the instructions and box :wacko:

Or Marshall's sand crawler passed the review!

I do hope so!! :wub: :wub:

It's been 'In Review' since 12th August, which is 280 days according to Excel; how could it possibly take that long to make a decision.... It's UCS, it's Star Wars, it's OT, it's iconic & will be massive so it's bound to sell well - what else is there to say?

Count me in :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Good to see you back StoutFiles :classic:

Am I wrong, or is padawan's face the same as Leia's from 2007 Sail Barge?

Seeing as they gave us a young child Han Solo with the Padawan Menace, maybe that child Padawan fig is a young Leia?

The Brick Show somehow got a hold of this and reviewed it:

-Sci

Supposedly it is given to everyone who were considered "press" or "media" visitors at the Toy Fair. :wink:

The Padawan's hair was first seen on Princess Tamina from Prince of Persia. I hope to high heaven it's not Leia!

Seeing as they gave us a young child Han Solo with the Padawan Menace, maybe that child Padawan fig is a young Leia?

No, that CAN'T be leia. Remember, she was born after the jedi temple was attacked.

At the time leia was that old, yoda was already chilling on dagobah.

I think Lego realises that too, or they would really have messed things up.

No, that CAN'T be leia. Remember, she was born after the jedi temple was attacked.

At the time leia was that old, yoda was already chilling on dagobah.

I think Lego realises that too, or they would really have messed things up.

well yes. If we are actually paying attention to star wars cannon and chronology. But the cutesey lego animated sw shows are not exactly known for that are they? Not saying thats a bad thing. The lego shows poke fun at it all in an entertaing way.

Besides. If you want to get really technical about it. Yoda fid know who and where Leia was. Whos to say he never taught her history?