Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

Has Coleman Trebor been confirmed as a figure for the AT-TE? Skimmed through the info released, only saw Adi and Poggle.

And I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but is Disney (as Lucasfilm is now a subdivision of it) affecting set choices? If they are, doing a good job. Now I need a redesigned Mos Eisley Cantina and a set with Oppo Rancisis.

I wish that when the images leaked a while back there was more than two.

Edited by master3019

Great to hear we're getting Adi-Gallia/Stass Allie along with confirmation of Boba Fett, Poggle the Lesser and the Weequay. The Mandalorian Super Commandos sound like they might be the red ones from Maul's faction which adds some nice variety from the regular Death Watch ones.

Its too bad they didn't go into more detail about the new Leia, Obi-Wan, Anakin and Padme. I'm really looking forward to them, especially Leia. :wub:

My only disapointment is we're not getting Bo-Katan this year. Hopefully we'll her and Satine before Lego is finished with Mandalore. Also seems like a bit of a missed opportunity not throwing Zam Wesell into the Advent Calender with Boba as she's the only AOTC figure left to be updated. Fingers crossed for a Bounty Hunter Pursuit in the 2014 line up.

I'm just wondering how they do a new print for Slave Leia. Would they just switch the head and give her a new hair piece?

I'm just wondering how they do a new print for Slave Leia. Would they just switch the head and give her a new hair piece?

Hopefully they've updated the torso with more detail and back printing. Maybe even add boots this time to the legs? I am curious about whether the hairpiece for Leia (and Padme) is going to be a new mold or an older part.

I'll be happy enough if she looks like this:

20dqq.jpg

I would not be in any way shocked if they kept the head the same print. I have doubts that they will make a new mould for the hair so yeah that is probably the piece they will use. Back printing is necessary but I do not recall her wearing boots.

^ It's been confirmed that the Slave Leia minifigure will have a new print. And she does wear boots (or some type of fancy footwear) in the film. :wink:

And I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but is Disney (as Lucasfilm is now a subdivision of it) affecting set choices?

Realistically, no. I mean it took Disney sometime after they got the Marvel license to really effect the Marvel movies, so at this point given how far Lego plans out, Disney probably won't be anywhere near bothering to put a say into anything until next year. Besides, given how successful Lego is, Disney is probably just fine letting them do their own thing without interferring for the time being. Once Disney starts drumming up the next Star Wars movie, then I'm sure things will be different.

And, man this summer is going to be expensive. Seems to be some good vehicle choices that I don't already have and some obviously good figure choices. Trebor, Poggle, Arena Padme, updated AOTC Kenobi (mullet FTW), and updated Dooku. The only downside is the amount of Clones/Droids as filler - I'd rather see another Jedi.

^ It's been confirmed that the Slave Leia minifigure will have a new print. And she does wear boots (or some type of fancy footwear) in the film. :wink:

I did not notice that she has boots, haven't seen the movie in a while.

Does anyone think the new print for Dooku and new mold for Yoda will be the same as the ones we saw in the Yoda Chronicles trailer? Also I will hopefully be getting the Republic Gunship, but it would be a total seller if it had the battle droid with 3PO's head :laugh: ! Hope that will be the pre-order exclusive for the rumoured Lego Star Wars IV.

I did not notice that she has boots, haven't seen the movie in a while.

Does anyone think the new print for Dooku and new mold for Yoda will be the same as the ones we saw in the Yoda Chronicles trailer? Also I will hopefully be getting the Republic Gunship, but it would be a total seller if it had the battle droid with 3PO's head :laugh: ! Hope that will be the pre-order exclusive for the rumoured Lego Star Wars IV.

I think its safe to say they will. The real question is will Anakin, Padme and Jango be the same as the ones on the cover of the scholastic book that was revealled late last year.

11144z7.jpg

Hmm, disappointed. I love rebooted sets...but at the sane time I want a balance with new sets. A superficial change to the gunship isn't so bad as the 2008 version was fine...but the 2008 AT-TE featured large gaps in the sides and never quite got the shape right. It's a shame that at attempt no.3 it's still not right

Oh wow! So Jango Fett is confirmed, and Santa Jango Fett sounds pretty cool. Some modification and maybe he could be a red Mandalorian. :classic:

Speaking of which, I wonder what the Supercommandos are? I only know the old-fashioned type with the bulky armour.

The rest sounds interesting. I particularly want to see what the Duel on Geonosis set looks like.

I believe the rumor I heard is that LEGO Star Wars IV will be based on later season of TCW. If that's the case, I'm doubtful we'll get a C-3PO with Battle Droid body. I'll probably end up wrong though.

Oh My Goodness, this is going to be e GREAT year for LSW! :moar: I'm going to have to allow for every single SW set in my budget and probably enough for an extra gunship or two as the older ones are still holding tremendous value. Every one of these sets has figs that I just absolutley have to own.

I am confused. It says on the fbtb.net recap that thet sets are episode ii and iii centric. I fail to see where episode iii is the theme of a set? they all seem to be episode ii

I am confused. It says on the fbtb.net recap that thet sets are episode ii and iii centric. I fail to see where episode iii is the theme of a set? they all seem to be episode ii

You're right. Although some of those vehicles were in both films, the minifigs are clearly from AotC. Maybe we will get more RotS sets next year, as the 3D release was originally intended for 2014.

I believe the rumor I heard is that LEGO Star Wars IV will be based on later season of TCW.

What else could they do? The Ewok movies?

Oh wow! So Jango Fett is confirmed, and Santa Jango Fett sounds pretty cool. Some modification and maybe he could be a red Mandalorian. :classic:

Speaking of which, I wonder what the Supercommandos are? I only know the old-fashioned type with the bulky armour.

Either red Mandos or blue Death Watch Mandos with new jetpacks, since they got new tube-like jetpacks in the season 4 episode.

Death_Watch_control.JPG

The pic is from Vizsla, but everyone got those.

Does anyone think the new print for Dooku and new mold for Yoda will be the same as the ones we saw in the Yoda Chronicles trailer? Also I will hopefully be getting the Republic Gunship,

Probably, since the wave seems to be made to tie in with AOTC and the Yoda Chronicles I wouldn´t be surprised.

Episode 2 and 3 get re-released in 3D cinemas this fall, so they/he probably thought the sets were based on both movies since he has no clue about Star Wars, even though he writes frontpage material for a Star Wars themed site.

A Max Rebo without his band.....

i'm already yearning for a Sy Snoothles and Droopy McCool.

It's just pure mortification to give us Max and not the others...

About the Super commandoes, those have been confirmed to be the red Death Watch soldiers with the horns on their helmets. It'll be interesting to see those.

How else do you think they can sell future sets then? By including the other band members that people are wanting. If you put everything into one set that people will buy then you can't guarantee future sales. But if you include a figure that people want, people will buy that set and then buy the future sets too. It makes good business sense, but not great fan sense.