you know...i'd like to see what you would come up with if you make an airplane :P

i really can't stop watching this beauty man...that's extreme !!! :laugh:

Do you have regular work? It takes so much time to build with so many details, order parts and stickers...I am shocked Edvin....

Edited by rm8

How do you start these MOC's? I also am curious how do you fine tune the small details to be so exact? Does your memory serve you so good that the entire Lego part database is stored inside of your head which lets you order exactly what you want from Bricklink? This is just to awesome.

The copper cone is a nice touch :thumbup: one thing I'd like to know is how do you know how many parts to order? :laugh:

Again an awesome creation!! You surely are da man!!

Do you have regular work? It takes so much time to build with so many details, order parts and stickers...I am shocked Edvin....

Best rm8.

I am entrepreneur and have an enterprice in car windows and work 60 to 80 hours a week.

The most off the lego building is late in the evening and i don't need a lot off sleep :laugh: .

The copper cone is a nice touch :thumbup: one thing I'd like to know is how do you know how many parts to order? :laugh:

Best legomuppet9,

I now you follow mine ships and many thanks for the nice comments.

For ordering the parts is simpel.

I build in sections and i orderd and calculate what i needed for every section and than i spend evenings to find all the parts at BL.

Because i don't make LDD first and than placed it the wanted list at BL is this for me the best way for order parts.

How do you start these MOC's? I also am curious how do you fine tune the small details to be so exact? Does your memory serve you so good that the entire Lego part database is stored inside of your head which lets you order exactly what you want from Bricklink? This is just to awesome.

For all the details it's also simple, be creativ :wink: .

I learning with every new moc how i must find all the parts and think it's stunning how many different lego parts there are and what you can use in your project( for example) i use for stoprocks, flowers from mine daughters friends lego and for lifebuoy, orange toilets seats.

Great ship.

Nice chair you got there and that is why I think the chair for the cranedriver is a bit to low.

You have right and have changed it, thanks.

Again an awesome creation!! You surely are da man!!

Thanks mate,

When you start your first ship Gekke Ted ??!!

I now you love ships and make your dad happy :wink: .

Edited by VFracingteam

Best legomuppet9,

I now you follow mine ships and many thanks for the nice comments.

For ordering the parts is simpel.

I build in sections and i orderd and calculate what i needed for every section and than i spend evenings to find all the parts at BL.

Because i don't make LDD first and than placed it the wanted list at BL is this for me the best way for order parts.

Aha, makes sense :grin:

This is really fantastic model... I have no words - only emotions... I'm impressed!!!

What's it's weight?

Between 35 and 40 kg

Thanks mate,

When you start your first ship Gekke Ted ??!!

I now you love ships and make your dad happy :wink: .

Hehe I know. But he will be disappointed my ships will not be as fantastic as yours :wink:

I am putting all of my eggs in the "EV3 Basket" for the rest of this year :laugh:

I am entrepreneur and have an enterprice in car windows and work 60 to 80 hours a week.

The most off the lego building is late in the evening and i don't need a lot off sleep :laugh: .

Glad to hear that you are "normal" AFOL like most of us, who build only at nights:)

Between 35 and 40 kg

40 kg of LEGO!!!!

Edited by rm8

Best EB members.

I am waiting now for the stickers to come in house and wand to make some fill ups for the main deck. The Sl Gabon is a offshore ship what's asit the oilrig's and i make a deep sea stoprock, but i want to make some extra offshore stuf for the main deck.

For the first time i have a builders block and mayby you have extra idea's :wink: and hope you can help me :thumbup:

9368104606_4316c6f421_c.jpg

9349649395_c9e5fe0965_c.jpg

Edited by VFracingteam

I have a couple of rope nets in house and can try something to make from it.

Thanks Alasdair :thumbup:

Edited by VFracingteam

How About a Small subsea installation, or hardware for a rig, or an ROV or a deep sea small submarine?

the deck will surely fit pretty big stuff!:-)

The model is absolutely mindblowing!

How About a Small subsea installation, or hardware for a rig, or an ROV or a deep sea small submarine?

the deck will surely fit pretty big stuff!:-)

The model is absolutely mindblowing!

Thanks D3K,

The deck is surely big enough, but an ROV is not realistic for this ship and that's the same for a small sub.

The hardware for offshore are good.

I make some small joke and put mine daughter 41015 Friends Dolphin Cruiser at the main deck and there you can see how big the SL Gabon is. :wink:

9368730654_b2e1a70208_c.jpg

9365946127_7d47e505f5_c.jpg

Edited by VFracingteam

Also, to go from this:

Best EB members.

I starded a new moc and it's gona be even a bigger one than mine last one.

...to this:

9315769758_14bf0137cf_c.jpg

...in a mere couple of months (whilst working 60-80 hours a week) is as hard to wrap my head around as the actual size, weight and number of parts of your creation! :wacko::laugh:

I take my hat off to you! :thumbup:

Mind = Blown! There's no word to describe how awesome your tug boats are OP. I think the only thing that can out do those 2 boats is an aircraft carrier with miniature nuclear reactors!

Just read through the thread and watching the progress on this amazing model is something quite special!!! You have done an exceptional job on this boat, the detail is quite astounding! *huh* I wouldn't even know where to start with something on that scale.... I will stick to my modular but I look forward to seeing this and more beautiful creations from you in the future :classic:

Happy building :laugh:

40kg!!! That thing is just massive! I dont think words can describe the epicness of this MOC. Hope they pay you got for all the work you put into it!

Just spotted this off the front page, what a truly awesome build! The ingenuity of the techniques used with the liftarm system! Do you start with an overall plan of how the liftarms create the hull shape or just build till you find the right balance for the shape?

Again, amazing build :)

Just spotted this off the front page, what a truly awesome build! The ingenuity of the techniques used with the liftarm system! Do you start with an overall plan of how the liftarms create the hull shape or just build till you find the right balance for the shape?

Again, amazing build :)

Thanks, you must have a plan and find the right balance and now with mine 4 ship i can give it with every new one better shapes, but the liftarm have many limatations :wink: