Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Yeah, at this point, I've already waited a month, I should be able to hold off for another two weeks... (Well, the movie may convince me otherwise...)

So, do I wait for the Hulk promotion to buy the Quinjet, or do I just go out and buy the Quinjet? Currently, I really just want the Quinjet....

Depends on if you want the fig or not, really. If you don't really care one way or the other, get it now. Otherwise, hold out another two weeks.

Hi everyone I'm looking at maybe buying a modular building and to start collecting. I'm looking at buying the 4 which are currently available through LEGO.com. at the moment I'm loving the avengers sets and am looking for amodular which would blend in well a new york environment. So out of the four available which one?

See, I have about $150 to spend on Lego Pirates and I was wondering if anyone have any suggestions for what to buy. I already have Lego Pirates 6242 Soldiers Fort, 5x 6239 Canon Battle, and 6241 Loot Island. I really like Soldiers :bonaparte: , thus, I was thinks of buying the QAR and transform it. Or should I just get the Black Pearl and give the Soldiers my three row boats. Or should I wait and see if TLG releases a new ship

Thanks,

Commander Law

P.S. I'm know it's up to me, I'm just looking for suggestions.

Edited by Commander Law

Buy Fire brigade. Its most New York type of all and it will disapear first

I am merging this with the existing thread.

Please search before making a new thread.

hey I was curious to what would be a better buy/build/value between "the tower bridge" or two smaller sets, "the royal joust" and "the medieval marketplace"? Thanks ahead

Hi everyone I'm looking at maybe buying a modular building and to start collecting. I'm looking at buying the 4 which are currently available through LEGO.com. at the moment I'm loving the avengers sets and am looking for amodular which would blend in well a new york environment. So out of the four available which one?

Fire Brigade would be the one to get, as it will disappear from shelves first.

hey I was curious to what would be a better buy/build/value between "the tower bridge" or two smaller sets, "the royal joust" and "the medieval marketplace"? Thanks ahead

Well, of you're a Castle collector or looking to get into Castle, I'd definitely go with the latter. I don't have Tower Bridge, but I saw it on display at a LEGO store, it really was a nice looking model. MMV is one of the best sets ever(some say the best) and the Joust is a great set with a revamped Falcon knight.

See, I have about $150 to spend on Lego Pirates and I was wondering if anyone have any suggestions for what to buy. I already have Lego Pirates 6242 Soldiers Fort, 5x 6239 Canon Battle, and 6241 Loot Island. I really like Soldiers :bonaparte: , thus, I was thinks of buying the QAR and transform it. Or should I just get the Black Pearl and give the Soldiers my three row boats. Or should I wait and see if TLG releases a new ship

I'd get the big Imperial Flagship.

I'd get the big Imperial Flagship.

I kinda don't have the money right now for that. :sad:

Commander Law,

I would split the $150 on 2 different purchases. For the first purchase, get either the Queen Ann's Revenge or Black Pearl. Amazon currently has a slight discount on both ships, here's the link. I recently posted a 15% coupon from BN, so you could try to get either set from them too. The saving should be similar, factoring tax.

With your remaining funds, go to Bricklink and pick up a handful of soldiers.

Now you have both a new ship and soldiers to play with. :classic:

Edited by Donut

Commander Law,

I would split the $150 on 2 different purchases. For the first purchase, get either the Queen Ann's Revenge or Black Pearl. Amazon currently has a slight discount on both ships, here's the link. I recently posted a 15% coupon from BN, so you could try to get either set from them too. The saving should be similar, factoring tax.

With your remaining funds, go to Bricklink and pick up a handful of soldiers.

Now you have both a new ship and soldiers to play with. :classic:

Great Idea! Thank you. Question: What's BN?

Edited by Commander Law

Sorry, BN stands for Barnes & Noble. It looks like they only have the Queen Ann's Revenge: Link. With 15% off, that knocks it down to $102 and with tax it is a slightly better deal than Amazon.

15% off code is: HMW3NCANL4VA9

Sorry, BN stands for Barnes & Noble. It looks like they only have the Queen Ann's Revenge: Link. With 15% off, that knocks it down to $102 and with tax it is a slightly better deal than Amazon.

Thanks, that's AWESOME!

Need this quickly...

The Naboo Starfighter planet set, the Elite Clone Trooper & Commando Droid battle Pack, the Endor Battle Pack or the Clone Trooper Battle Pack?

Edited by Calanon

QAR is probably a better set than the black pearl for what you want. More space and I think pretty straightforward to mod into a navy ship if you wanted to

Need this quickly...

The Naboo Starfighter planet set, the Elite Clone Trooper & Commando Droid battle Pack, the Endor Battle Pack or the Clone Trooper Battle Pack?

Depends what your needs are - OT or PT, minifigs or ships or planets :)

I went for the Endor pack recently. Four minifigs and a speeder bike, plus a few extra plant/tree pieces. Perfect if you need to boost your OT minifigs or are doing any RotJ MOCs

Edited by mrklaw

I just thought of this. Do I get the Quinjet now, to get the TC-14, or do I wait and get the Hulk promo? I'm still leaning towards the Hulk promo...

Depends what your needs are - OT or PT, minifigs or ships or planets :)

I went for the Endor pack recently. Four minifigs and a speeder bike, plus a few extra plant/tree pieces. Perfect if you need to boost your OT minifigs or are doing any RotJ MOCs

Thanks, I decided to get the Endor and Elite pack in the end. :tongue:

Rattlecopter & Jay's Storm Fighter or... Fangpyre Truck Ambush?

Edited by TheRedGuy

I just thought of this. Do I get the Quinjet now, to get the TC-14, or do I wait and get the Hulk promo? I'm still leaning towards the Hulk promo...

I'd go with TC-14. I think the Hulk fig is a bit weird looking, especially compared to his bigger counterpart. TC may also be rarer because it's only a two day deal, I know that part really is hard to say...

I'd go with TC-14. I think the Hulk fig is a bit weird looking, especially compared to his bigger counterpart. TC may also be rarer because it's only a two day deal, I know that part really is hard to say...

Yeah, I'm leaning more towards TC.

Which one first - Diagon Alley or MMV? I have one MMV, but yearn for a second. Which one will disappear from stock first?

Which one first - Diagon Alley or MMV? I have one MMV, but yearn for a second. Which one will disappear from stock first?

If you already have MMV, I'd say go for Diagon Alley. I would think they will disappear around the same time, but this is a pretty hard decision.