Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

At this point, I am leaning towards not getting the Death Star, but what would I get otherwise?

Definitely get the Landspeeder if you don't get the Death Star. You get 5 minifigures and the landspeeder to recreate that iconic scene. The only other one I would suggest since you're not a big fan of the TIEs, is the Battle of Endor set. That would round out the main "good guy" characters from the OT. It is a bit pricey though.

I saw a 10184 Town Plan in a local store today for a 125€. I'm very tempted to buy for the price alone.

If anyone can justify the cost buy the Death Star 10188,

bought it for my son last Xmas (me really) and it's amazing.

Didn't get too build it though, the wife hogged it.

Quick Question... looking to TRU's Bricktober for the first addition to my Black Falcon clan in 26 years!!

I thought of going with two separate $20 sets to get two soldiers, but that's probably a waste of my money... so I looked to my City want-list, and the question is:

5891 Apple Tree House or 7213 Off-Road FireTruck & FireBoat???

As of now I'm leaning towards the Apple Tree House, just because I've always wanted it for my town layout, and besides, how many firemen does the place really need? But I'm curious to hear any feedback on the decision... Thanks as always!

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

Definitely Apple Tree House. Creator sets are pretty good value for money and I passed on the big fire truck mainly because it's 8-wide and huge compared to the rest of the City vehicles.

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if I should get two family homes, two apple tree houses, or hogwart's castle on Black Friday (that is, if they have sales on those). I'm trying to get a crapload of tan and black.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Edited by The Soup Nazi

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if I should get two family homes, two apple tree houses, or hogwart's castle on Black Friday (that is, if they have sales on those). I'm trying to get a crapload of tan and black.

Definetly get Hogwarts castle. Unless you want lots of white and blue pieces, get Hogwarts.

Definetly get Apple tree house. Its really great for a town house.

And I think that 7213 is an oversized fire truck that would not fit into a city at all.

I saw a 10184 Town Plan in a local store today for a 125€. I'm very tempted to buy for the price alone.

Get it! And get me a copy too :laugh:

Apple Tree House. The fire truck looks too out of place in a town setting.

Hello everyone,

I'm pretty sure Hogwarts won't come on sale, but if you have enough money, get it. Second option would be two family homes, unless you want dark blue roof shingles.

Quick Question... looking to TRU's Bricktober for the first addition to my Black Falcon clan in 26 years!!

I thought of going with two separate $20 sets to get two soldiers, but that's probably a waste of my money... so I looked to my City want-list, and the question is:

As of now I'm leaning towards the Apple Tree House, just because I've always wanted it for my town layout, and besides, how many firemen does the place really need? But I'm curious to hear any feedback on the decision... Thanks as always!

Not to be a downer, but the promotion isn't designed to give you a minifig magnet for each $20 you spend on LEGO; as a matter of fact, it's officially limited to one per person, per week - you're not supposed to get more than one of each of the four at all, let alone in one purchase. Some individual stores or store personnel might be less strict about this (my local TRU let me get two bluecoats the first week), but I wouldn't count on being able to get more than one unless someone there has already confirmed you could.

Sorry; I really do wish it were otherwise... :sceptic:

I guess a better question would be how do you guys rank those 3 sets?

In the exact order in which they appear in your post.

Not to be a downer, but the promotion isn't designed to give you a minifig magnet for each $20 you spend on LEGO; as a matter of fact, it's officially limited to one per person, per week - you're not supposed to get more than one of each of the four at all, let alone in one purchase. Some individual stores or store personnel might be less strict about this (my local TRU let me get two bluecoats the first week), but I wouldn't count on being able to get more than one unless someone there has already confirmed you could.

Sorry; I really do wish it were otherwise... :sceptic:

Easy tiger... I have 2 TRU locations in my immediate area. my plan was to do the $40 purchase at one store, then make a $20 on a separate occasion to the other, to avoid any Imperial entanglements. Fortunately I did proceed to get the Apple Tree House today, and to my delight the clerk was willing to give me TWO BLACK FALCONS for a grand total of an additional $0.02!! Consider my day EPIC :grin::grin::grin:

Well, I've just about given up on the Death Star, unless anyone else has anything to add for/against it.

Right now, I am looking at possibly buying a magnet set (either Ackbar, Leia & C-3PO or Boba Fett, Slave Leia & Royal Guard). If anyone can comment on whether magnet fig quality has improved recently I would greatly appreciate it. I've done some searches, but they offer conflicting or old information.

Of course, I could go to Bricklink for the figs, but then I could possibly end up buying a magnet fig at regular fig prices! :sceptic: I am mostly looking at Ackbar and Boba Fett, although the other figs are not bad.

Also, has anybody else noticed that Ackbar's torso isn't sitting completely flush on his legs in the picture at Lego S@H? Not something you would expect to see on Lego's official site. :wacko:

Definitely get the Landspeeder if you don't get the Death Star. You get 5 minifigures and the landspeeder to recreate that iconic scene. The only other one I would suggest since you're not a big fan of the TIEs, is the Battle of Endor set. That would round out the main "good guy" characters from the OT. It is a bit pricey though.

After looking at reviews of Darth Vader's TIE fighter, it has grown on me and I think I will pick one up. As for the Battle of Endor, I haven't seen that in-store for months...

I'm considering getting the 7239 Firetruck and then one of 7638 Tow Truck or 3179 Repair Truck. The firetruck retails for $30 while the tow truck and the repair truck retail for $18. I do have a 20% off coupon though. I guess a better question would be how do you guys rank those 3 sets?

Are you using the 20% off Chapters coupon? I'm also getting the Firetruck with this deal. I personally would go for the Repair Truck over the Tow Truck, but that's just my personal preference. I have both and I find the orange-ness of the tow truck a bit gaudy (but it does have more parts).

In the exact order in which they appear in your post.

Agreed. If you're getting 20% off, why not get all three?

Okay I've got a question now. I've got the cash to get Slave I but I'm also interested in the new summer Clone Wars sets. Currently I'm really leaning towards getting Slave I. What do you guys think?

Okay I've got a question now. I've got the cash to get Slave I but I'm also interested in the new summer Clone Wars sets. Currently I'm really leaning towards getting Slave I. What do you guys think?

Slave one is way over priced. Wait till it goes on sale. :classic:

It really depends on if you are A PT or OT sort off guy so if your a PT sort off guy go for 8086 otherwise if your a OT sort off guy go for 8099 :classic:

I'd go for 8099. :sweet: But that's just me. :classic:

I think thats just because its the more Expensive one :laugh:

Edited by Darth Jar Jar

I'd go with the Droid Trifighter. It's cheaper, and IMO, way cooler.

I remember this being a fun build. (If I recall correctly, this is one of the sets I built for the LDD official sets thread.)

Hi,

the title says it all already. I found the UCS Batmobile new and sealed in a toystore today.

It costs 70€, but maybe I could get it a little cheaper, as it boasts pretty heavy shelfware. The seals are intact though, even if almost not intact :wink:

I need your opinions now. Should I buy it?

I am not much into Bat-Man, so I'd probably use it as a parts pack. Selling would also be an option if I can make good profit.

So guys, is it a good offer? Let's discuss.

Cheers,

funkybrick

Well, they were on a big sale a few years ago. Three or so. They were ar 50% and I thought I bought mine for about 49 EUR at that time.

The part count is good and also the type of parts are nice in my opinion.

For resale value check BL: 7784 Batman UCS