Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

I am also thinking of the TRU BOGO for POTC and other sets. How long does it last? Are the other new sets out, like City?

Is the BOGO useless with the TRU Markup? Should I just go to the LEGO store and get points for the sets?

I have a $5 coupon off $50 or more, and 18 points away from a reward.

Which should I buy - 5 Series 3 Minifigs and 5 Series 4 Minifigs? Or Cannibal Escape? Birthday's in about a month or so, I'm getting a bunch of PotC, but it would A, help channel this fund to the Queen Ann's Revenge, and B, give me a taste of the sets. With the figs, well, they're just that awesome. :laugh: But I'd have to buy it online, I've never seen a hint of any in any store.

Should I buy the 10188 Death Star and/or 10195 AT-OT with Republic Dropship, and do you think they will be reduced tomorrow for the May the 4th sale. OR All the POTC sets.

Edited by Brickus

Few years ago I was in difficult position: standing in a Lego shop and deciding between Cafe Corner and Market street. I only had money for one and chose (of course) Cafe Corner, which was, as I later found out, wrong. Just a few weeks later Market Street was of the shelves and the price had risen so much, that if I would buy 2 Market streets and just sell one, I could buy Cafe Corner (which in the store at least for next half of year if not more) AND Green Grocer fot that money.

So, a good thing to do is to always buy sets which will be gone earlier. In above cese that would of course be Death Star (Dropship is, I think, not that kind of set which will atract a lot of people after it will be gone).

Sets to get ASAP are (if you like them of course): Emerald NIght, Fire Brigade, Medieval Market Village, Death Star, Imperial Flagship and all Prince of Persia and Toy Story sets. Cargo Train will be also out soon (there is new one coming this fall)

Edited by Cwetqo

Sets to get ASAP are (if you like them of course): Emerald NIght, Fire Brigade, Medieval Market Village, Death Star, Imperial Flagship and all Prince of Persia and Toy Story sets. Cargo Train will be also out soon (there is new one coming this fall)

Would it be dumb to wait for a sale on TS/PoP sets or buy them now at current prices?

EDIT: S@H, not other places.

Edited by Iysk

For my 1st set i was thinking of 7744 police headquarters.

Opinions please....

Update:

After watching the lego documentry,I only find it fitting to go with a police set as my 1st!

Thanks,

Edited by bricklayer

My main focus is City, Trains and Creator houses. I'm trying to decide between: 7637 (Farm) and 10199 (Winter Toy Shop).

What do you think?

My main focus is City, Trains and Creator houses. I'm trying to decide between: 7637 (Farm) and 10199 (Winter Toy Shop).

What do you think?

I don't have either set, but I've passed on Winter Toy Shop and wish I'd picked up the Farm when it was available. For that reason I'd say Farm. First, it is discontinued (in the US at least, and most likely soon to follow elsewhere). With the farm you get some nice animals which are fairly rare.

The Winter Toy Shop is a nice looking set, but as a 'Winter' set, would you want to display it year round? That's why I passed on it. I like it, and I'd like to display it at Christmas, but I don't think it would fit in my LEGO City during the rest of the year and it seems a shame to pack up such a nice set for 10 months out of the year.

Hi, I'm wondering whether I should buy the lego medieval market village or 4842 hogwarts castle. The MMV is slightly cheaper and has more pieces. But the minifigures aren't as good. It seems like the interior of Hogwarts is just a bit better than MMV, though. But I like the MMV too. The exterior of the MMV is much more detailed.

Please help me! MMV or Hogwarts Castle? ( and plz tell me why you think it's better)

Or are there any other great sets that I should buy?

Link to hogwarts castle 4842

Link to MMV

I'd highly recommend MMV. It likely won't be long before it disappears, and if you are pondering getting it you probably should or you will regret it. It is a great set and a great value.

MMV. Great value, lots of useful pieces, plenty of play value, and definitely expandable in the future.

MMV!!!

Thx a lot for your help! :sweet:

MMV. Great value, lots of useful pieces, plenty of play value, and definitely expandable in the future.

thx very much for ur information! :classic:

I'd highly recommend MMV. It likely won't be long before it disappears, and if you are pondering getting it you probably should or you will regret it. It is a great set and a great value.

Thx! I agree it won't be around for long. I was just wondering if it was better than hogwarts, as it would be no use buying it if it wasn't good, even if it won't be around for long. :thumbup:

Thx all of u who've helped me! :laugh:

Edited by Ferrik

The Medieval Market Village is still available on lego.com, and possibly other stores. I was just wondering if it's still worth buying it. It's a lego Castle theme (before kingdoms). I'd like to hear your opinion. Many say it's got excellent detail, pieces and design.

The Medieval Market Village is still available on lego.com, and possibly other stores. I was just wondering if it's still worth buying it. It's a lego Castle theme (before kingdoms). I'd like to hear your opinion. Many say it's got excellent detail, pieces and design.

Would you buy this set? And I was thinking about whether buying this or lego 4842 Hogarts Castle cos I'm a bit of a lego HP fan. :sweet:

Edited by Ferrik

Well the answer is YES, it fits well with the newer Kingdom's sets and well worth the money spent.

Brick On ! :grin:

Well the answer is YES, it fits well with the newer Kingdom's sets and well worth the money spent.

Brick On ! :grin:

Thx for your opinion! :sweet:

Edited by Ferrik

Thx for your opinion! :sweet:

No problem, you'll love the tavern especially the upstairs bedroom and also the stove in the blacksmiths upstairs is great too ! :sweet:

buy it before it's too late! you still have time before hp castle goes out of production, and I'm quite sure you'll have chance to find the hp line on discount sooner or later, but no chance to see anything off the medieval market village!

what??? you still here reading??? GO GO GO before the store is closed!

have a nice lego day

mrBlue

I asked this question in another part of the forums the other month, and subsequently, I bought it.

It's an excellent set, and a very enjoyable build. I would highly recommend that you buy it before it's too late.

Since the question has already been answered, I'll be moving this to the "What Should I Buy?" Thread in the Gen. Discussions.

Hi,

I'm somewhat torn between two vastly different Sets which I'd like to pick up.

The first one is the LEGO Creator 5892 Sonic Boom. I really like the Creator series, and I'm especially fond of this model, as it would look great on display.

The other one ist the Alien Conquest 7066 Earth Defence HQ. Also a great display model, and probably most useful to me partswise, as I have a soft spot for Robotic and Space MOCs. I love the blue colour scheme, and the minifigs are awesome, too. But it's also twice the price of the jet.

A good parts-per-buck ratio is quite important to me, as I recently got out of my Dark Age and still don't have access to my old collection.

Which of these two should I buy?

Zyniker, I'd probably go with the Sonic Boom because it has been around longer and is likely soon to be discontinued. The new Space sets will be around for at least a year, so you don't need to rush on those.

I am getting some Ninjago sets to boost my meagre skeleton army. I have 1 Garmadon's Fortress, 6 Ninja Ambushes, and 1 Skeleton Chopper. I was thinking either get 1 of each Skeleton spinner for a somewhat "cheap" source of the skeletons (and their armor pieces!!!) I don't already have (cheap as in I don't have to buy a 30 or 50 dollar set for them). But the I read that they have not as good plastic.

Or I could shell out the extra money and get the Spiritzu Dojo, Ninjago Motorcycle and Ice Dragon. I get less skeletons and accessories but I get more bricks and the normal quality pieces.

I guess I could always do both? Have 1 of each spinners and try to get the sets too? At least the cheaper Motorcycle and Ice Dragon. Not sure about the Dojo.

The spinners are a horrible value if you aren't planning to play the game. I'd go with the sets, at least you'd get a good amount of extra pieces in addition to your skeleton.

Hello LEGOfriends!! :sweet:

I was making an order for a friend of mine in Amazon, within the day,

I usually wait for the liscenced themes to reduce in price but this time I cant wait!

I just want one now! They both are 19.99GBP! I was reading reviews and pictures but I cant make up my mind! :wacko:

So... what do you think? :hmpf:

Damn I made a mistake on the title and I cant edit it!! :sceptic:

LEGO®Pirates of the Caribbean 4192 : Fountain of Youth

OR

LEGO®Pirates of the Caribbean 4181 : Isla De la Muerta

Edited by Stab