Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Newish afol here. :sweet: I have the recent modulars, DO, PR, PC, PS (with the latter 3Ps arriving soon, any recommendation on what order to build them in?)

I plan to get the BB sometime later this year. On the fence about the Firehouse HQ. Not a fan of ghostbusters but the set looks to be iconic one day? Is it a good addition to my modular street - size wise? I read some replies that mention it being a rather repetitive build thou.

Any recommendation on what other sets to get to fit along/ spruce up my modular street?

>A tad sore I decided to get the architecture studio over the haunted house. Look which is still reprinting! :sadnew:

If you are in to trains, the 60098 Heavy-Haul Train is on sale at S@H now, in the USA, $40 off regular price. $159.98. Regular price is $200.

I am glad I procrastinated on it! ;-)

If you are in to trains, the 60098 Heavy-Haul Train is on sale at S@H now, in the USA, $40 off regular price. $159.98. Regular price is $200.

I am glad I procrastinated on it! ;-)

This or 60052 Cargo train?

If you really don't care about either IP, I'd go with Ninjago. And that's coming from a guy that primarily collects Star Wars.

It's not that Slave 1 is bad, but if you're not at all into Star Wars it becomes a slightly harder set to justify for the minifigure selection and for being a very specific space ship. The build is fun and I really like the color palette and the ultimate version of Boba Fett is a huge selling point. The Temple has way more minifigures and much more cross-line use.

Thanks. The promotion ended while I was trying to decide. :wall:

Hey guys, I want to finally start collecting physical Lego and I'm not entirely sure what to get. I only have a few castle pieces left over from before the dark age but I'm more interested in City and modular Mocs and although LDD is good enough for my AG, I think it does not quite work well with my other interests. I've got £30-40ish ready to spend for now currently my shopping list is:

60044 Mobile Police Unit

31046 Fast Car

60072 Demolition Starter Set

From where I buy my things that adds up to £40 and it gives me a little bit of everything. Is this the way to go? Should I start with one larger set instead? Would you guys recommend anything different? Thanks for the help in advance!

Hey guys, I want to finally start collecting physical Lego and I'm not entirely sure what to get. I only have a few castle pieces left over from before the dark age but I'm more interested in City and modular Mocs and although LDD is good enough for my AG, I think it does not quite work well with my other interests. I've got £30-40ish ready to spend for now currently my shopping list is:

60044 Mobile Police Unit

31046 Fast Car

60072 Demolition Starter Set

From where I buy my things that adds up to £40 and it gives me a little bit of everything. Is this the way to go? Should I start with one larger set instead? Would you guys recommend anything different? Thanks for the help in advance!

The Demolition Starter set is the best from that lot, and all three of those sets are pretty good. However, I think you might find more enjoyment in starting out with one large set, such as the Demolition Site or Prison Island. That way your first set is memorable and impressive right out of the box. :classic:

Looking at getting one of the following:

42042 Crawler Crane

42052 Heavy Lift Helicopter

42039 24 Hours Race Car

Which out of them would be the best to get?

Okay! I want to get one of the newest amusement park sets, either the 10244 Mixer set or 10247 Ferris Wheel.

Currently, I'm leaning towards the Mixer, as I think it's cuter with the small additional attractions (dunk tank, strength test, etc) and I really love how everything folds and is put neatly on the two trucks. Also, while the Ferris Wheel is big and impressive the build looks much more boring than the Mixer.

Anyhow, what do you think?

Edited by Ecclesiastes
removed huge pictures

I don't have the mixer but I have the Ferris Wheel. There may be some mass assembly and monotony, but I thought it was pretty amazing to see how everything came together during the build.

Personnally I would go with the mixer but I guess you've got to find what's more important to you. Cute or Awesome? One big thing or a few smaller things? This helped me when I bought my first sets :laugh:

I have the Mixer and I think its great set. As amazing as the Ferris Wheel is, its only one attraction, where as the Mixer has 3 plus two trucks and a ticket stand.

Which one should I get? 70571 Temple of Airjitzu or 71006 The Simpson's house?

I really like the look of Airjitzu, but being half a building really bugs me. What do you guys think?

Hello Eurobricks community my local Walmart has two sets I always eyed but was never sure on. They have the Jurassic World raptor rampage set and the scooby doo mystery machine. Which one do you guys recommend?

Depends on what you are more of a fan of. The MM (as a vehicle) is probably a one and done set. Unless you REALLY like the vehicle in the RR set then I would pass on it because you'll probably see the dinos and variant of the same figs for the next movie. That is totally assuming LEGO will release sets off of the next movie.

Hello Eurobricks community my local Walmart has two sets I always eyed but was never sure on. They have the Jurassic World raptor rampage set and the scooby doo mystery machine. Which one do you guys recommend?

Topic merged.

I'm thinking of picking up a Power Miners set. I love the color scheme and the chunky builds. I'm most interested in

8708-1: Cave Crusher

8960-1: Thunder Driller

I'm the type to build a set once and then break it down into my MOC supply. Given that these are discontinued sets, what's going to give me the most useful parts for the price? Is there another good set that I'm overlooking?

I'm thinking of picking up a Power Miners set. I love the color scheme and the chunky builds. I'm most interested in

I'm the type to build a set once and then break it down into my MOC supply. Given that these are discontinued sets, what's going to give me the most useful parts for the price? Is there another good set that I'm overlooking?

Take the Cave Crusher ! The minifigs are very cool, and you'll find a lot of pieces for your M.O.C. !

The thunder driller is a fantastic set! It looks good on shelves and it has great play value! But for pieces I would definitely go with the cave crusher

The Thunder Driller is a classic set, buy that if you're looking for an impressive build.

The Cave Crusher has better parts, including several saw blades, so buy that if you're more interested in MOC'ing.

For my first modular building, should I get the Pet Shop or the Parisian Restaurant? Pet shop is going to become unavailable on the primary market sooner, but is it skippable?

Get the Pet Shop. It gives you two buildings for the price of one, plus it's the only Modular that's almost entirely reserved for residential purposes, which is really welcome IMO. You get two beautiful buildings to kit out and make a home for your minifigs. :thumbup:

Pet Shop will be gone soon and it will get marked up significantly on the aftermarket, so if you ever change your mind, you'll probably never be able to get it again. I bought it recently after a change of heart (I originally too thought I could skip it, so I bought the Palace Cinema instead) and now I love it. I think if you ever think you'll want a bit of residential stuff in your street, then you can't really skip Pet Shop.

Parisian Restaurant is amazing, though. I personally would recommend that you collect the Modulars in back-order as I am doing (getting the oldest ones first) to ensure that you can get all the ones available before they get discontinued and bumped to ridiculous prices on the aftermarket. Personally, I would recommend that you buy the Pet Shop and wait until a birthday or Christmas (if you celebrate it) to get the Parisian, because although the Parisian is the superior set, it will likely be available for longer, and the Pet Shop - another gorgeous set- is on it's final legs.

However: If you really, really feel like the Pet Shop is no good to you, the Parisian is a beautiful, beautiful set.

Edited by AnnaBuildsLego

I actually bought the Pet Shop, built it and got tired of it really quickly and sold it. It's part of the "old" modulars, where LEGO focused more on size. With Parisian Restaurant they started focusing more on details and less on size. IMO Pet Shop clashes astethically with the newer ones. If I were you I'd start with the Parisian Restaurant and work my way up from there.