Sign in to follow this  
xwingyoda

Pimp my Ties !!

My fellow SW enthusiasts,

Like I told you in the Fleshie topic, I was bored and I decided to look for parts I needed to finish the mods on my 3 Interceptors. I also wanted to totally redesign Vader

Yeps , good job on improving the color scheme and adding greebles.

I never understood why Lego put blue pieces on the original ties |-/ ...

Tks for the kind words ;-)

They trans blue tiles at the back really adds something to the advanced and makes it look like it really should, its a damn shame lego felt the need to do ties in blue instead od grey.

Yeay, its funny you mention that because last night when I did my photoshoot, there was no engine :-D It was like 1am and realised that it lacked some trans blue tiles for the engine *wacko* So I redid the rear asap and redid my photoshoot ;-)

And I agree that it looks way better !! And I really like the combination bley/trans blue ;-)

Tie On !!

*yoda*

thoose look way better then the ones lego put togther, i don't remember there being ble on em in the movie (then again i have not seen it ages), yours look better anyway. lord *vader* would be proud to fly in won of thoose!

thoose look way better then the ones lego put togther, i don't remember there being ble on em in the movie (then again i have not seen it ages), yours look better anyway. lord *vader* would be proud to fly in won of thoose!

Well my goal was NOT to make the exact replica as seen in the movies BUT mod the Lego version to make it look more accurate and sweeter ;-)

And *vader* better be :-D

*yoda*

Holy schamoly! That's better than the UCS Tie X1, even. WOW! GREAT INTERCEPTOR! It looks like a LEGO genius did that. Wait, that's what you are, kinda. Right? Oh well. Vader's right, a shame they went with blue. Although the TIEs are only grey once the are applied to the colorless atmosphere of space. They were painted blue in the hangars and are blue when the land on a planet. Or when they are driving on one. That's you, Tie Crawler. Same with the X-wing; same idea, but for white and grey. This is something I heard, mind you, so it may not be accurate. Funny they went with grey for the UCS X1. Was that even before the Interceptor? *wacko*

These look infinitely better than the standard ones! I never bothered to buy an interceptor, but if I had the money I would now :-D The one thing you really need to pimp is the engine on the interceptor. It's called a TIE for a reason, I just wish Lego realized that when they made it :-P

And that X-1 is a true piece of art. No criticisms at ALL :-)

Wow yoda, those are totally sweet!

When I read the topic title I thought you meant adding chrome exhausts and custom paint jobs! :-D

Tks again guys for all these great comments !! This brings warmth to my heart :'-)

Keep those coming ;-)

When I read the topic title I thought you meant adding chrome exhausts and custom paint jobs! :-D

Looooooooool !! Actually I have another project for that :-D Patience looool !! It will be worth it I hope ;-)

Pimp ON !!

*yoda*

Yes, looks cool mate, great work, i know how hard work it have bin for you *sweet* *y*

Coming in late in the tread I just can get in line with the most of the others: Nice *y*!

Looks really good - now I just need to bookmark this so when I get time :-| I can go *yoda* on my TIE

Coming in late in the tread I just can get in line with the most of the others: Nice *y*!

Looks really good - now I just need to bookmark this so when I get time :-| I can go *yoda* on my TIE

I never understood why Lego put blue pieces on the original ties |-/ ...

Me either, but here we see the way the Tie Fighters should have been done!

Tks for the kind words ;-)

Yeay, its funny you mention that because last night when I did my photoshoot, there was no engine :-D It was like 1am and realised that it lacked some trans blue tiles for the engine *wacko* So I redid the rear asap and redid my photoshoot ;-)

And I agree that it looks way better !! And I really like the combination bley/trans blue ;-)

Tie On !!

*yoda*

Well im glad you added them mate, and im glad you finaly finished them as i know its been a project of yours for sometime.

So will you be mocing any other ties?

*vader*

So will you be mocing any other ties?

I modded my 3 Tie Fighters (I have another 2 in old grey that are fully modded, but I retired all my old grey SW vehicles ;-) )

They are nearly 100% finished: the only parts i need are a couple of Blue Wedge, Plate 3 x 6 Cut Corners in light bluish grey ;-)

Also I will need to start sorting parts for the upcomming Crawler ;-)

Tie On !!

*yoda*

Ahhh yes the upcoming crawler should provide you with some hours of mocing then mate, looking forward to seeing what that one turns out like :-)

Wow, fantastic work! I love the new colors, much better than the blue (which I never understood).

They probably just felt like all grey/dark grey/black wouldn't appeal to children, so they threw a color in. Red, yellow, green...none would've gone well with it. Blue was probably the best choice.