Izzy

LEGO in Film & TV: Index of Appearances

I was just watching the music video for Rita Ora's How we do and at 46sec you can see the nerd has a Lego bow tie

Not really in film or TV but on the Radio yesterday. Driving home from work I was listening to a programme called 'More or Less' on BBC Radio 4. It had an article on it where somebody had written in asking if you stacked LEGO bricks on top of each other how many would you have to stack until the bottom brick was crushed? They did some sort of experiment to find out how many, and it was some ridiculous amount that would stretch well over 3Km high, but obviously they would not be able to do that as it would fall over. i think they used some sort of crush testing machine and then calculated the number of bricks it would take to create that much mass. They were using a 2X2 brick I understand. Anyway it was quite interesting.

You can find the article on the BBC i-player under Radio and search for it in A-Z under M.

This isn't actually in film or TV, but rather a comic book. In Ultimate Spider-Man Volume 2 #19, Lego is referenced. Apparently, Ganke, Miles Morales's (The ultimate version of Spider-Man) friend has a Lego fund. He was saving up for the "limited edition Death Star", but he decided to put it towards helping Miles make new web fluid. I thought it was pretty cool

On tonight's new episode of The Cleveland Show: A Rodent Like This, it features Cleveland trying to get help from 'LEGO Martin Scorsese', a couple times :classic:

Some that I found recently (so I added to my site, but I could mention them here too)

From TV series "Guys with Kids", ep 1.12, some bricks on a table, not sure if these are real Lego:

2281583-1.jpg

In "The Middle" in episode 4.09, Frankie (the mother) works in a store and tries to hide Christmas presents that she'll buy later, but these are found by a co-worker. Two Lego sets are involved; first 6913 then 6912:

1442464-9.jpg

1442464-11.jpg

There were other previous Lego appearances in that series: http://bricks.inmovi.es/movie_1442464_The-Middle.html

It's probably been mentioned but Sheldon plays with LEGO on several occasions and tries to convince Amy to go to the LEGO store sale for a date in 'The Big Bang Theory.'

Tonight's new episode of Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman: "Is There a God Particle?", used LEGO (specifically Duplo) to demonstrate an analogy of quarks and their binding gluons :classic:

I did notice on Monday this week (18/03/13.) that there was a large picture of LEGO DUPLO used as a backdrop in quite a bit of the BBC News on News 24. Not sure why as there did not seem to be any mention of it in the news, but every time they went back to the anchor it was in the background?

While not a Film or TV show, Astonishing X-men #8 refferences LEGO. After the X-mansion is destroyed in a Battle, Wolverine remarks 'Next time lets just build it out of LEGO'. Referencing the multiple times the School has been destroyed and Rebuilt.

Another comic book reference, this time in the Rainbow Dash issue of the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic micro-series published by IDW. A multicolored LEGO castle is one or RD's unconventional methods for defeating a pair of cloud gremlins.

It could of course be interpreted as a clone brand-- if it were unquestionably a LEGO shout-out then Hasbro might have vetoed that panel, given their nature as a competitor to TLG-- but Occam's razor tells me that LEGO is most likely what the writer and artist expected the reader to see, especially since there is no Castle, Creator, or Duplo equivalent that Hasbro owns the rights to.

LEGO Dinosaurs on the One Show Monday night on BBC1 at 7pm. It was an animation using the recent Dinosaurs that some young lad had put together.

LEGO Dinosaurs on the One Show Monday night on BBC1 at 7pm. It was an animation using the recent Dinosaurs that some young lad had put together.

Oh yeah! I saw that, well made movie for a 13yr old.

Hey guys so i figured it would be convenient to build a small index of sorts regarding TV shows that feature legos and lego specials/programming so we can all find new and interesting things to watch surrounding the topic of lego. I thought i would start by listing some shows that I am aware of.

PS- This is not intended for any clone wars or ninjago indexing since we are all aware of their existence. This is more intended for the stuff that everyone might not be aware of.

1. Ultimate Factories - Lego (aired on NatGeo)

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/ultimate-factories/galleries/photo-gallery-lego/at/such-a-blockhead-18883/

2. James May's Toy Stories - Lego House (Aired on BBC2) Episode 5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_May's_Toy_Stories#James_May.27s_Lego_House_.28Episode_5.29

3. The LEGO Story (Aired on LEGOclubTV)

4. AFOL A Blockumentary (Adult Fans of LEGO Documentary)

Any one know of any others?

Ooh a 'block'umentry! Must watch that at some point. Loved that Ultimate Factories and JMTS episode was the best one of the series. The LEGO story was a nice watch as well.

I was trying to make a list of programing that is directly about lego. Not an index of appearances of lego in programming that isnt specifically about lego and somehow my post got moved here. :look:

On Friday on the game show "The Price Is Right" they had a kids episode and one of the items they had to guess the price of was 70503 The Golden Dragon.

This Monday gone in the UK on Shipping Wars on History, It was Season 2, Episode 3,

One of the guy's had to move some giant Lego statues/models to a museum, it does really annoy me when people call the plural of Lego, Legos....errrr

In flushed away this lady(rat) is getting married in the sewers and she has a lego flower. :tongue:

Sounds like some really old-time LEGO romance to me...or something :grin:

The movie, Now You See Me, there was a couple buildings built. They were your mediocre 4 solid wall, no roof contraptions in their 'hide out'. I certainly got excited and squealed a bit when I saw them.

A LEGO PF or Mindstorm set or MOC was used in thursday nights, new episode of Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman: When Does Life Begin? :classic: