I found the RC Diamond Rail crossing in Belfast last Easter. They actually had 3 of them! It was about 20 euro. I was delighted though, I really wanted that rare piece!

I got a giant bin oflego from my brothers friend for free. In it, it contained 17 pounds of various different Lego themes along with 55 minifigs including some rare star wars guys. The pieces from this bin are from sets around 2000-2005.

unfairthers no good that kinda shops in estonia :sad: :sad: :sad::cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

Me too! We don't get any deals in Canada :hmpf:

and no that kinda deals in Estonia either

I found this site: www.TrainsByMail.com

They have some discontinued sets for sale at or around MSRP...

If I would have lived in the US, I'd have bought tons there, especialy that cheap discontinued clone battle pack :devil:

My best lucky finding was ages ago (by that time, we were still playing basketball with boulders).

Early 80s, I was 9 or 10, and as every year, my hometown held its traditional "flea market for kids". I bought a random bag of several kg of miscellaneous bricks there, sold by some kid, for 100BEF (2.5€). Turns out that amongst all the bricks, it contained the complete yellow castle.

It still happily shines on my shelf, more than 30 years later :laugh:

Found a MISB 7996 double crossover track on a random toy website for $25 shipped. Currently it sells for about $75 on Bricklink - now to decide whether to keep or sell :)

New/Sealed:

7686 Helicopter Transport

7996 Train Crossing

4109 Curved Road Plates

4110 Straight Road Plates

...for $71 and free shipping...

I think I have a good one:

While out shopping w/ my mom at walmart, I found a lego Alantis Exploration HQ(8077) on sale for 15 dollars! Orginal price 50 bucks! I'm building it now. I'm about to start step 20 on book 2.

At Kmart,A hero factory drop ship for 37.00 and gateway of the squid at 30.00,but thats not all! Kmart had taken 50 percent off the sale price and that made the drop ship 18.00 and gateway of the squid 15.00!This is not really lucky but I found at toys r us breez 1.0 and stormer 2.0 for 6.39!

The fred meyers here currently has 30% off of Legos so I picked up some mini figures from the 4th series, im pretty happy about it actually.

The fred meyers here currently has 30% off of Legos so I picked up some mini figures from the 4th series, im pretty happy about it actually.

Got around 1000+ Legos from the late 70's, 80's, and early 90's for $60. Lots of good stuff, classic space, monorail, M-Tron, more of the older space stuff and lots of town sets.

I picked up about 600 pcs of Duplo including the 15x15 plate and a Duplo storage bus for $60.....on kijiji

My 3 year old is thrilled...............now its time for daddy to find some deals

I got pretty lucky while at the lego store

In the BAM bin, I found parts for clowns and magicians and even some cheerleader(no signs of the body for the cheerleader). here's what I got from the bin:

PAB minifigure bin - one lego series 1 clown w/ a blue hat for the 5th piece, one lego series 1 magican w/ top hat for 5th piece, and a mermaid tail and top w/ a Cheerleader series 1 head and hair and a forestman hat(minus feather) for the 5th piece. Plus I was really lucky mom was there b/c she was the one who spied the tail and helped me find the very last pair of black pants and I think even the top.

Then I also got lucky w/ getting 3 lego series 4 figures(Artist, Werewolf, and surfer girl). All I can say about the store is WOW. I was trying to locate any of those 3 by the feel method. Except for what I assume was the kimono girl dress bottom, I couldn't tell one thing from the other. The man working there saw me having trouble and he helped. He pulled out a big handfull and found all 3 like it was nothing. I wasn't sure if it was right until yesterday morning when I opened but it did turn out he was 3 for 3 O_O

I got pretty lucky while at the lego store

In the BAM bin, I found parts for clowns and magicians and even some cheerleader(no signs of the body for the cheerleader). here's what I got from the bin:

PAB minifigure bin - one lego series 1 clown w/ a blue hat for the 5th piece, one lego series 1 magican w/ top hat for 5th piece, and a mermaid tail and top w/ a Cheerleader series 1 head and hair and a forestman hat(minus feather) for the 5th piece. Plus I was really lucky mom was there b/c she was the one who spied the tail and helped me find the very last pair of black pants and I think even the top.

Then I also got lucky w/ getting 3 lego series 4 figures(Artist, Werewolf, and surfer girl). All I can say about the store is WOW. I was trying to locate any of those 3 by the feel method. Except for what I assume was the kimono girl dress bottom, I couldn't tell one thing from the other. The man working there saw me having trouble and he helped. He pulled out a big handfull and found all 3 like it was nothing. I wasn't sure if it was right until yesterday morning when I opened but it did turn out he was 3 for 3 O_O

Ok you need to get a system down. First thing you want to do is feel out the obvious parts. Legs, torso, figure stand plate, and head. All sets have that. So dont waste your time too long feeling those in the bag. The next thing is to find something unique.

Surfer girl is the easiest. Her surfboard is HUGE. It is long and flat. No other figure in series 4 has anything like that.

Artist, feel for small items like the paint brush or I prefer to look for the painters palate.

Werewolf is harder. I look for the bone to be absolutely sure. Sometimes hair pieces can feel the same. So i dont waste my time on feeling hair.

Yesterday I picked up 5 Star Wars sets used from craigslist.

Tusken Raider Encounter

Jabba's Prize (no Boba Fett but came with Jedi Luke from endor (gray printed torso)

Darth Maul Light Saber Duel

Ep 1 Naboo Fighter with Anakin and R2D2 (no battle droid or service vehicle)

Final Duel II (Jedi luke, Imperial Officer, and Stormtrooper)

All that for $40

Here is a pic.

p1060053j.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

I picked up 5 Star Wars sets used from craigslist.

Tusken Raider Encounter

Jabba's Prize (no Boba Fett but came with Jedi Luke from endor (gray printed torso)

Darth Maul Light Saber Duel

Ep 1 Naboo Fighter with Anakin and R2D2 (no battle droid or service vehicle)

Final Duel II (Jedi luke, Imperial Officer, and Stormtrooper)

All that for $40

Wow, that's a good haul! Did you notice the newer pieces in there, aswell as the printed legs on the Stormie?

:wink:

Wow, that's a good haul! Did you notice the newer pieces in there, aswell as the printed legs on the Stormie?

:wink:

Actually that was just me putting him in there. I love my 4 printed leg Stormies. They are the elite Stormtroopers of my small army haha. Also if you look closely, Jedi Luke has been changed to flesh colored head and hand.

I found this site: www.TrainsByMail.com

They have some discontinued sets for sale at or around MSRP...

Thank you for that :thumbup:

If I would have lived in the US, I'd have bought tons there, especialy that cheap discontinued clone battle pack :devil:

I just paid $18 for that set and $41 for Vader's TIE, I could have gotten both for under $35!

Edited by Macoco

Actually that was just me putting him in there. I love my 4 printed leg Stormies. They are the elite Stormtroopers of my small army haha. Also if you look closely, Jedi Luke has been changed to flesh colored head and hand.

Okay, I was wondering if you did that, or if that was done by the seller :tongue:

I love my printed leg Stormies too :wub: