Bonaparte

Exclusive CO-Creation Model 41999

Lego has done OUTSTANDING this year!!! EV3, lots of green, 5x11 yellow's revived, more pneumatics, tons of new white, new orange, new 3x11, micro panels, and a nice shade of long awaited (at least for me) BLUE!!!

I guess the question is how limited is limited, 20,000 pieces does not sound very limited in the Technic market place, is this was a Gold C3PO in the Star Wars forum or the limited 5000 gold minifigs from series 10 of the collectable minifigures it would be a different story. With a price tag of circa £140 or 170 Euros, it's not going to be an ad-hoc purchase for most families.

For me it's a little disappointing they are not selling just the body and a new set of wheels, a parts pack so to speak, but you can imagine the confusion that would cause if a child purchased it and found it did not come with the motors, etc.

I still would have liked it to be this way the competition was to build a "new body" for the crawler without changing the subframe. But hey ho, it's only money another cunning trick by TLG to extract my hard earned cash :sweet:

I hope like hell I will be able to buy this from NZ at the same time as every one else, otherwise they will be all gone by the time it would normally come out in NZ. :hmpf_bad:

Looks great though, hopefully it is the same dark blue as used in the Bionicles, because I actually have some Technic beams in dark blue already. :classic:

Well, well, well... I am very amazed by an appearance of the final version of The Boss Crawler. RM8 You were right. In the beginning I wasn't convinced that this creation should become a winner of the competition but in the end I have to admit that You and your BOSS are very well deserved winners of the whole lego technic challenge. Once again congratulations to You RM8 for the design and to TLG for a very nice "facelifting". I wasn't convinced to the blue colour in the beginning (when I heard rumours) but I was wrong. The dark blue colour looks astonishing plus the new wheels with these metallic stripes make The Boss an amazing american muscle crawler. Once again my sincere congrats to You RM8. A very well deserved win :) And I've changed my mind: I am buying this american muscle beauty :)

Edited by TechnicMati

hopefully it is the same dark blue as used in the Bionicles, because I actually have some Technic beams in dark blue already. :classic:

That's impossible. I assume you meant to say blue beams...not dark blue. This color is only available in Hero Factory and Bionicle sets. But I guess dark blue will now be part of the Technic color palette.

That's impossible. I assume you meant to say blue beams...not dark blue. This color is only available in Hero Factory and Bionicle sets. But I guess dark blue will now be part of the Technic color palette.

This set has DARK blue Technic beams in it.

I actually have two of them, so I have 36 dark blue Technic parts. (6 connectors, 4 beams, 8 thin beams, and 18 bent beams)

I hope it is the same colour.

I hope like hell I will be able to buy this from NZ at the same time as every one else, otherwise they will be all gone by the time it would normally come out in NZ. :hmpf_bad:

Looks great though, hopefully it is the same dark blue as used in the Bionicles, because I actually have some Technic beams in dark blue already. :classic:

Dont know about Bionicles, but this dark blue is usually used in Star Wars theme!

Well, well, well... I am very amazed by an appearance of the final version of The Boss Crawler. RM8 You were right. In the beginning I wasn't convinced that this creation should become a winner of the competition but in the end I have to admit that You and your BOSS are very well deserved winners of the whole lego technic challenge. Once again congratulations to You RM8 for the design and to TLG for a very nice "facelifting". I wasn't convinced to the blue colour in the beginning (when I heard rumours) but I was wrong. The dark blue colour looks astonishing plus the new wheels with these metallic stripes make The Boss an amazing american muscle crawler. Once again my sincere congrats to You RM8. A very well deserved win :) And I've changed my mind: I am buying this american muscle beauty :)

That is OK, we are different and have different tastes. I geard many good and also many bad feedbacks (from russians also) while finals and after that. No "ideal" mocs. Thank you, glad that finally you like it.

Feel free to buy it:)))

is it RC?

Of course:)

I guess the question is how limited is limited, 20,000 pieces does not sound very limited in the Technic market place, is this was a Gold C3PO in the Star Wars forum or the limited 5000 gold minifigs from series 10 of the collectable minifigures it would be a different story. With a price tag of circa £140 or 170 Euros, it's not going to be an ad-hoc purchase for most families.

For me it's a little disappointing they are not selling just the body and a new set of wheels, a parts pack so to speak, but you can imagine the confusion that would cause if a child purchased it and found it did not come with the motors, etc.

I still would have liked it to be this way the competition was to build a "new body" for the crawler without changing the subframe. But hey ho, it's only money another cunning trick by TLG to extract my hard earned cash :sweet:

In that case all have possibilty to buy it. 20 000 is blessing for us:)

I think this set will cost and arm and a leg! :thumbdown:

Yes, it will be a bit Higher than 9398. But if ypu want it just for play or for your child - take 9398. Performance is the same

I wonder about the steering. Picture looks like rear axle is not steered.

Relax mate:) chassis is 99% the same

@ OzBen... that's exactly what I thought of when I saw it the first time too! Haven't seen one in years. I would see them quite a bit when I lived in Moree back in the mid 90's as they were popular hunting vehicles. Just the other day I was looking at my own (VZ) Holden Crewman Ute and wondering how I could mod it to be like an Overlander! I decided the build of the current utes were a far cry from the sturdiness of the old HZ and that this was a stupid idea LOL! Was also thinking of how I could MOC the good old Aussie 1 Tonner Ute!!! Imagine a regional release of the Lego One Tonner at the Great Aussie Ute Muster!!! Awesome!

This is the first time I've noticed the winch on the front of this model. Does it work or is it just for decoration? I think a functional winch is a cool idea for those who want to take their crawlers outside so there really isn't any obstacle they can't get up and over!

How nice would it be to see this set with a silver chromed bullbar/winch!!! If it's going to be a limited edition as I heard mentioned it would be possible for TLC to make a short run of these chromed parted for it surely.

To say the truth I planned to do Ute like Chevy El camino but pickup - was very popular theme at challenge. I have some ideas how to mod boss. Pickup is one of them:)

The model looks very good.

There is only one pic available for now, but I do prefer this model than 9398. The dark blue is great and work perfectly with the red chassis. Tan seats are a nice touch too.

Congratulation Rm8 !

And congratulations to the Lego group too who launched an interesting contest with well defined rules (the previous Lego Technic constest organized by the LTG were kind of meh to me).

Yes, it will be a bit Higher than 9398. But if you want it just for play or for your child - take 9398. Performance is the same

I already bought the 9398 but I'm thinking I should have saved that money to buy this limited edition instead :sceptic:

It reminds me of the "Goodyear Grabber" Oldsmobile and other custom offroad vehicles of the 1970s. I like it!

41OmXXE.jpg

The only difference is the ground clearance...

The next challege is: Build a new chassis for the Boss :laugh: :laugh:

You might be laughing but there had appeared an idea in my mind just before I read your post: to make an american muscle supercar using The Boss body on a supercar chassis with new rims (the ones with metallic stripes that are gonna be launched by TLG) and 42000 F1 tyres ;)

MrNumbskull13

Right Now I am gathering money and I am buying everything this year. No decissions... This year it's too difficult for a lego technic fan to decide which set to possess and which to omit. I am buying everything. :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by TechnicMati

Good idea! :P

Right Now I am gathering money and I am buying everything this year. No decissions... This year is to difficult for a lego technic fan to choose which set to possess and which to omit. I am buying everything. :laugh: :laugh:

Lucky you...This year there's the EV3, the 42009, this set and I still need to get the 8110...OMG!

I like that the seats have been changed. One thing that bugged me about the BOSS entry was the seats were like the original 9398 seats.. :thumbup:

I wonder if the winch is motorized how that will work?. I can only see the one PF receiver poking out the top of the new model.

My guess is that the winch function and maybe some lights will be manual controlled with switches probably in/near the cab. Still hooked up to the one battery box but not part of the RC control..