Sign in to follow this  
sever

LEGO's first transparent minifig arm!

I have been trying to find somewhere to post this for ahwile so correct me if i make some mistakes spefically pic wise. (im still new here)

If anyone here still gets lego magazine you would notice the yoda chronicles ad. And the mysterious guy in the back well i did some digging and i found this.

yoda-chronicles-lego-jek-14-minifig-0.jpg?20130213-125356

THE FIRST LEGO LICENSED MINIFIGURE WITH A TRANSPERENT ARM!

yoda-chronicles-lego-jek-14-minifig-2.jpg

Im not sure if you guys are excited as me to have this minifig in my collection. if you want to see more just type in google lego transperent arm

Please tell me if i've done something wrong or put this in the wrong place thank you.

Im not sure if you guys are excited as me to have this minifig in my collection. if you want to see more just type in google lego transperent arm

Please tell me if i've done something wrong or put this in the wrong place thank you.

Well it's transparent, so I will change the title for you.

This is interesting, as it opens up some new possibilities. I do wonder if the transparent arm is polycarbonate like most transparent LEGO parts, or some other plastic formulation. I believe that polycarbonate-polycarbonate joints would be too stiff for proper operation, but it's possible that polycarbonate-ABS as in the minifig above would cut it. So unless LEGO has come up with a new plastic mix, the likelihood of a fully transparent minifig in the near future is still slim.

It's be nice if Lego did some full hologram/light trans blue minifigs. Palpatine, Yoda, Obi-wan, Vader, maybe a clone/stormie, Leia, a wookiee, Luke. :D

That would be awesome like in the star wars video games you could buy anakin obiwan and yoda in ghost form

It's be nice if Lego did some full hologram/light trans blue minifigs. Palpatine, Yoda, Obi-wan, Vader, maybe a clone/stormie, Leia, a wookiee, Luke. :D

I think you are right onthe money with this. If they can do them it would be great to see Holograms like that or perhaps even NRG ninjago characters in Trans Blue, Red, Green, smoke and straight trans!

Or even the Invisible Woman from the Fantastic Four. The possibilities certainly stretch further than just Star Wars, which makes it even more exciting.

Yeah, polycarbonate connecting to ABS is ok, the problems really only arise when both pieces need to be transparent since it generates excessive amounts of friction and is pretty difficult to separate. I guess there has never really been any need for a minifig with just a transparent arm before (I have no idea who this SW character is or why it matters for him!). I doubt this should be seen as any kind of sign of a flood of transparent figs though, no matter how many cool possibilities there might be!

Doing a trans clear arm is not that different from doing a trans clear head, which we have had for years. They can probably do any of the main extremity parts in clear with no issues. (Head, arms, legs). The problems arise when they attempt to join polycarbonate (clear) plastics to themselves at the joints. The other problem is the PCB plastic does not handle the stresses of the current torso design well, and is prone to develop cracking at stress points, such as under the arms. To top it off the hands and hips could not be done in a clear PCB plastic. They would be too brittle and would break after moderate use.

You all do know what this means, don't you?? TLG will NEVER create the other arm!! :sick:

They've been toying with me for 25 years... as long as I've been collecting 2x2 trans-clear 45 degree slopes... waiting for the day when they created a 2x2 outside corner slope for me to make trans-clear pyramids from... waited 25 stinking years.... and still waiting!! :cry_sad:

You can always make custom parts dude. I mean i've done it a couple times (but thinking about it) clear pyramids do sound pretty good..........

They've been toying with me for 25 years... as long as I've been collecting 2x2 trans-clear 45 degree slopes... waiting for the day when they created a 2x2 outside corner slope for me to make trans-clear pyramids from... waited 25 stinking years.... and still waiting!! :cry_sad:

:laugh: There's always hope! Maybe you should promote a Louvre Pyramid project on Cuusoo! :grin:

SQUEE!!!! Those are FANTASTIC ideas. I would love holographic figures. Just hope they don't end up as SDCC exclusives, though. :-/

Or even the Invisible Woman from the Fantastic Four. The possibilities certainly stretch further than just Star Wars, which makes it even more exciting.

Another fabulous idea! Could we ever have Wonder Woman's invisible jet???

Invisible man collectable minifig to go with the vampire, witch, werewolf, zombie etc :classic:

Another fabulous idea! Could we ever have Wonder Woman's invisible jet???

In the back pages of the DK Lego Batman book there is a picture of a scratch model that the Lego designers worked up for Wonder Woman's invisible jet. So we may yet see one as a production set.

LEGO did make a transparent hand in the form of the pirate hook which comes in trans-light-blue, trans-red and trans-fluro-green.

However, I guess the hook mold is stronger than the regular hand mold which is why they can do it.

LEGO did make a transparent hand in the form of the pirate hook which comes in trans-light-blue, trans-red and trans-fluro-green.

However, I guess the hook mold is stronger than the regular hand mold which is why they can do it.

Alternatively, they just don't think it matters that both this and the transparent arm exist. The people who own both the transparent arm and transparent hook, and who are inclined to use them together, are probably fairly few in number. And TLG technically doesn't endorse separating and re-attaching minifigure arms and hands to begin with, since it weakens the connection.

So if TLG had a reason to do so (and that's a big "if"-- I can't think of many uses for a fig with just a transparent torso, or just transparent hips), they could really introduce every single minifigure part in transparent colors across several figures. But without retooling the molds themselves this still wouldn't allow them to release an official fig where two or more of these transparent parts are connected to one another.