Pvdb

Koenigsegg CCX almost completed

Since it has been years in the making, and is so close to being finished, I thought I would put up some images of my new Koenigsegg CCX inspired supercar. It features:

• Improved version of the 5+N+R sequential gearbox that I created several years ago in hope that some day I might put a supercar around it!!!
  • Technic engine driven by Rear Wheels
  • Double wish bone suspension front and rear
  • Brakes front and rear
  • Optional HOG steering,
  • My version of the Koenigsegg Syncro-Dihedral door hinges opened/powered by the Sprung Dampers (these open pretty smoothly)
  • Opening Engine cover opened/powered by the Sprung Dampers
  • Opening Bonnet
  • Adjustable Seats

Waiting to order a few more pieces, and getting there with the CAD file as well.http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=522868

imgp9734_resize.jpg

imgp9740_resize.jpg

imgp9746_resize.jpg

The Door Hinge

koenigsegg_ccx_-_working_file01.jpg

koenigsegg_ccx_-_working_file02.jpg

The Gearbox

koenigsegg_ccx_-_working_file04.jpg

koenigsegg_ccx_-_working_file06.jpg

Edited by Pvdb

@ Pvdb: We cannot yet see your Brickshelf pictures because they have not been "made public" (moderated). So far, only YOU can see those pictures. However, you could "Deeplink" your pictures by using these procedures, so we may see them now. On the weekends, new Brickshelf pictures may take 2-3 days for the moderator to ""make public." You could post them on Flickr (with the first 200 pictures free of charge), and people can see them immediately.

To post a picture on Eurobricks, you will be using the "image" icon on your "Reply to this topic" window. It's on the second row of icons, just below the "smiley face". :classic: I'm not sure whether newcomers like yourself (with less than 10 Eurobricks posts) can post pictures, so BEFORE you reply to THIS topic, get 3 more Eurobricks posts somewhere by replying to other posts. You can say "Good job!" or whatever to a few creations, then come back to this topic with > 10 posts.

That front end is so sweet. Exellent job with the panels.

Waiting for more.

Can someone animate the hinge, please :tongue: ?

Cheers. Took me while to figure it out. I added a white band (just visible in the photo) to tighten up the mechanism a bit. Still have to add that part to the cad

Another supercar on a large scale :thumbup: , good job with the panels and a difficult colour to work. Why not a 7 speed gearbox?, no room? :wink: .

Great job on the hinge design, it looked like it was very tricky to develope. Hopefully you could make a video of it as well.

tim

Pics from the bottom please!

The chassis seems to be pretty interesting too. Can't wait for the cad file.

Edited by Lipko

Hi, I added a few more CAD images including one of the bottom - not quite complete yet but gives the idea.

Very Impressive!

Cant wait to see this sequental gearbox in action and build it by myself:)

Edited by rm8

Another supercar on a large scale :thumbup: , good job with the panels and a difficult colour to work. Why not a 7 speed gearbox?, no room? :wink: .

Cheers.

As for a 7 speed gearbox, there would be space for the actual gears, but with this design, the more gears, the longer the selector arm has to be that slides back and forwards, this was the limiting factor

Very Impressive!

Cant wait to see this sequental gearbox in action and build it by myself:)

My first stand-alone version of this type of gearbox is on MOC pages http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/239686 including Ldraw file so you should be able to build it from that (you can see how long ago it was that I first started with the idea of building a supercar!!!)

For the Koenigsegg, I adapted the sprung selectors to make them more compact both horizontally and vertically and thus reducing the length of the selector arm (you can see in the picture & those bands need to be quite taught) I also went for a different (and I think much better) gear stick ratchet mechanism, and of course adapted the housing a bit to fit into the chassis

This is one off a stunning Koenigsegg and love not only the technic off it you caputre the body perfectly. Very great job :thumbup: :thumbup: :wub::drool:

Do you have any plans to make instuctions?

I have almost finished the CAD, there a few things to finish off in the model. I never made actual instructions before, I could consider it though.